Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:52:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] Setup your own mining pool.  (Read 34632 times)
profall (OP)

Activity: 298
Merit: 100

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 02:37:19 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 04:48:01 AM by profall

I have created a guide on how to create your own mining pool for a single crypto-currency (not a multipool). I tried to make it as novice friendly as possible and explain every step. All you really need is a very, very basic knowledge of Linux and some patience. I feel like it's important for crypto that more people are capable of running a mining pool, or at least have the knowledge of it.

******NEW GUIDE!!!******
http://blockgen.net/blog/setup-your-own-mining-pool/

Here's the OLD LEGACY guide:
http://blockgen.net/blog/novices-guide-to-setting-up-a-crypto-currency-mining-pool/

Here is an example of what you would be setting up if you follow the guide:
http://miningpool.website/

All the software used in the guide is free/open source.

I will try and create more guides as time goes on. I will also support the guides I currently have, so feel free to ask any questions pertaining to the guide. Anybody else that is knowledgeable with mining pool software, or linux feel free to help other users.

I will check this thread occasionally and try to answer some questions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 03:51:31 AM

That's about the most comprehensive guide that I've seen on setting up a NOMP pool with an MPOS front end.

Excellent job. Thanks for all the work.

bcoinbilly

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 03:56:40 AM

What are the benefits of setting up your own mining pool with so many pools in existence?
profall (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 04:06:57 AM

That's about the most comprehensive guide that I've seen on setting up a NOMP pool with an MPOS front end.

Excellent job. Thanks for all the work.

Your Welcome.

What are the benefits of setting up your own mining pool with so many pools in existence?

A lot of the miners I have met that are setting up their own pools are doing so because they have a lot of mining rigs, or they want a private pool with them and their friends and a multitude of other reasons. Some even just like having the user interface for their single solo mining rig, so they can see all there stats in one simple area. Also, there is currencies out there with a low network hashrate, or no pool to support them.

Kreteks

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 06:31:58 AM

this is super complete guide mate
you are doing Great work
thanks for the guide
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 08:45:06 AM

Oh there are a ton of strategies when you can mine away from a public pool. 

In addition - some pools may not be as honest or as straight-forward as you may think.  A lot of manipulation going on out there…

profall (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 02:59:41 PM

you are doing Great work
thanks for the guide

Your Welcome, and thank you for the compliment.

Kreteks

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 04:22:41 PM

you are doing Great work
thanks for the guide

have you try build at digitalocean vps mate ?
profall (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 08:01:16 PM

you are doing Great work
thanks for the guide

have you try build at digitalocean vps mate ?

Should work just fine at digital ocean. Vultr is literally almost exactly the same as digital ocean (vps provider), they are just a newer company and offer more free credits to attract customers which is why I used them for the guide. The Vultr VPS performed flawlessly. Digital Ocean has good performance as well.

I can't guarantee the static ip setup on the hardening/security guide will be the same but everything else should be the same in the guide if you use digital ocean.

profall (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:04:42 PM

I have added another simple guide, showing you how to utilize CloudFlare and have it point at your pool.

http://blockgen.info/showthread.php?tid=5

btcminer021

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Mine hard!

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:49:50 PM

Nicely done, thanks!

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
ctgiant

Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 09:53:21 PM

Great guide.  I was looking for a more complete guide to set up MPOS with NOMP, and your guide is wonderfully detailed and easy to follow.

I am running a NOMP server and hate the frontend/payout system, so I have been wanting to implement an MPOS front-end for a while now.

Once again, this writeup is great and I look forward to seeing what your site turns into.

MiningAlts Block Explorers and Windows/Mac Wallet Building Services - http://miningalts.com
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:13:25 PM

Some cryptos don't have good working pools so it can be quite usefull.
profall (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:09:04 AM

Great guide.  I was looking for a more complete guide to set up MPOS with NOMP, and your guide is wonderfully detailed and easy to follow.

I am running a NOMP server and hate the frontend/payout system, so I have been wanting to implement an MPOS front-end for a while now.

Once again, this writeup is great and I look forward to seeing what your site turns into.

Thank you for the compliments.

Once I feel like I have wrote a decent amount of novice level guides, I will be making some more advanced ones as well.

I am trying to push out at least 1 guide per week. However, that's more a guideline then a rule. With the development of the actual BlockGen website and real life time is limited, but ill make do.

script-expert

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:23:56 AM

I follow your very explicit procedure.

NOMP look OK

MPOS is working and connect to Daemon and Database but I can't connect with miner to port 3333 and I get the error below.

We tried to poke your Stratum server using your $config['gettingstarted'] settings but it didn't respond - Unknown server error

Wallet is SHA256 from the latest bitcoin 9.3.0 source.

any help will be appreciated...
profall (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 12:38:36 AM

I follow your very explicit procedure.

NOMP look OK

MPOS is working and connect to Daemon and Database but I can't connect with miner to port 3333 and I get the error below.

We tried to poke your Stratum server using your $config['gettingstarted'] settings but it didn't respond - Unknown server error

Wallet is SHA256 from the latest bitcoin 9.3.0 source.

any help will be appreciated...

I apologize for the very late reply, I don't check bitcoin talk that often. I check my forums everyday though.

In the MPOS config, make sure to actually update the stratum ip or URL you want for it. It is by default left blank in the config. That's why you are getting that stratum poke issue.

I would suggest restarting NOMP completely, I have seen it on several occasions when you connect NOMP to the coin daemon while it's still updating the block chain it gets stuck in the "download blockchain" mode and can't get out of it. Especially on newly developed crypto-currencies.

Also, make sure to check your coin config in NOMP and make sure the port 3333 is in there and it's open in CSF (config server firewall).

hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:10:04 PM

Watch out for the "duplicate shares exploit" -- I'm not seeing a fix for this problem affecting most pools.

profall (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:03:53 AM

Watch out for the "duplicate shares exploit" -- I'm not seeing a fix for this problem affecting most pools.

This is understood. The intent of this guide is for personal/experimental use and not intended for a professional pool setup. However, once a solid solution comes out I will make sure to add it in the guide. I have contacted the uNOMP developers and will see if they have developed a fix for this yet (uNOMP is the new revamp of NOMP, since NOMP is not in development anymore).

Hazcat

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 11:32:33 AM

About to have a go at this just as a little project for myself.  Im excited to see if i can get it working

kampretkabur

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:46:32 AM

ah you are the most handsome guy today, thank you very much
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: