Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:27:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are all (alt-)Cryptocurrencies utter bullshit ?  (Read 3350 times)
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:09:40 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 12:57:16 AM by Come-from-Above

U tell me
no Average Joe Mainstream guy wanna use this if its utterly easy to use VISA card, PayPal etc.
if it aint one click ready to go instant transactions then why the fuck should the bullshit be used ?

syncing dem block chain and wait hours for client to boot up?
mining ? are u serious?
clones of btc with stupid as fuck names? nahh

its so much easier to send transactions without this and for everything else theres already bitcoin... who needs altcoin BS ?

'altcoin mainstream adoption'... LOL man

gotta love dem comedy of some of the delusional kidz here.  crack me up im lovin it  Cool Cheesy

~CfA~

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:17:27 AM

You are 110% right. And yet...

There's still that "small" portion of what any average-developed individual would call nutcases, never-worked-a-day-in-their-lives, jerkoffs, with disposable income enough to sustain a micro-economy and create a cesspool of greedy deception, theft and fraud, such as the digital world and it's obvious lure for the unsavoury characters that have become all-too-well-known scammers across it.

So, here we are...

But not a chance, not a chance in hell any of this will ever become mainstream. Ever. No.
newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:12:35 AM

tru dat & the worst ones are IPO & 100% pre-mine coins like NXT.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:13:21 AM

U tell me
no Average Joe Mainstream guy wanna use this crap if its utterly easy to use VISA card, PayPal etc.
if it aint one click ready to go instant transactions then why the fuck should i use this bullshit ?

mining ? are u serious?

its so much easier to send transactions without this crap and for everything else theres already bitcoin... who needs altcoin BS ?

u tell me i should trust hackety script kiddie kidz on the internet instead of my bank and government? LMAO i'ma trust dem guys any day over the asstwats here,... yes they suck but they dont suck as much as the crypto kidz.

gotta be kidding dude ROFL... altcoins LOLOLOL ... 'altcoin mainstream adoption'... ROFLMAO man

gotta love dem comedy here.  crack me up im lovin it  Cool Cheesy

~CfA~

For everything that ails you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JyejnXCAusw
From Above (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:27:36 PM

LOL! Grin
a simple fork of opensource telegram messenger with a bit of (work in progress)wallet
where is that not bullshit ?  u wanna say this is future of dem crypto world dude ?

come on my nifty boy thats hilarious  Cheesy Grin very good one Grin

on a daily basis I realize more and more the future of dem crypto is COMEDY entertainment Smiley

~CfA~

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 04:19:06 PM

LOL! Grin
a simple fork of opensource telegram messenger with a bit of (work in progress)wallet
where is that not bullshit ?  u wanna say this is future of dem crypto world dude ?

on a daily basis I realize more and more the future of dem crypto is COMEDY entertainment Smiley

~CfA~

Yeah I can hear the typical teenage girl now saying WOW this app is Friken cool, many of my friends are already connected to it through Telegram, I can send my friends text, Cool GIFs, photos etc and it looks cute all pink, plus I get these really cool GEM things for FREE! Which I can buy cool stuff with...

BUT

I can't use it cause Clearly this app has been built on open source code using the Counterparty wallet protocol, let me go sign on to GitHub and voice my disgust.

Yeah there really is comedy in Bitcoin but mainly from those who think they aren't the source of it.  Grin
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 04:32:36 PM

OP needs a foot long black dick up his ass for trolling. not all alts are bullshit you gay fag.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6591

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 04:53:03 PM

OP is right, 99% of all altcoins are pump&dumps without value.

Only the ones that do solve a problem of Bitcoin (anonymity, lesser energy use, stability) are worth investing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 05:09:04 PM

LOL! Grin

~CfA~

Hey i agree 99% of alts are utter shit, but GetGems is not, its not even an alt. It solves all flaws you mentioned, my gf uses it and she loves it, it makes using bitcoin so freaking simple and the most awesome features haven't been added yet.

Even if you are not into crypto this app has context aware gifs which makes it damn cool. It has many features telegram doesn't offer, this app will be the shit son, it just makes sense to use.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 05:19:33 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2015, 06:48:08 PM by altcoinUK

This the best and most sensible thread up to date in the ALT section.

The utterly useless technology initiatives (99.9% of them by the way are just pathetic BTC/LTC clones) that known to mankind as alternative crypto currencies probably have been the most meaningless exercise in  technology and of course there is no chance that any of these digital excrements can go to mainstream.

Even BTC is having serious difficulties to be mainstream. Satoshi's underlying technology is truly revolutionary, features like smart contracts - which despite the 40 bytes limitation of OP_RETURN could be implemented in the BTC blockchain easily, and therefore there is no need for bullshits like Counterparty and other smart contract implementation - could change how we do business, but it is unclear that the crypto currency aspect of BTC can succeed, never mind altcoins.
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:09:56 PM

You are 110% right. And yet...

Err... you do realise that only Spinal Tap are allowed to use that expression, do you?

There's still that "small" portion of what any average-developed individual would call nutcases, never-worked-a-day-in-their-lives, jerkoffs, with disposable income enough to sustain a micro-economy and create a cesspool of greedy deception, theft and fraud, such as the digital world and it's obvious lure for the unsavoury characters that have become all-too-well-known scammers across it.

You describe the alt-crypto coin scene in a way that only someone who truly loves it could!  Cheesy

But not a chance, not a chance in hell any of this will ever become mainstream. Ever. No.

Well, banking is pretty grubby, seedy and corrupt. HSBC were responsible for funding the criminal gangs in Mexico to go around beheading hundreds, if not thousands, of people. As well as market rigging, tax evasion conspiracies and mis-selling on an industrial scale. And they are mainstream.

I know crypto isn't perfect but, as far as I am aware, the banksters and financial institutions are a thousand times more criminal and corrupt.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:24:39 PM

I know crypto isn't perfect but, as far as I am aware, the banksters and financial institutions are a thousand times more criminal and corrupt.

That's quite true, but the thread is not about to make judgement which system is the more corrupted, the banks or digital currencies, but try to figure out if alternative currencies can be mainstream, and since 99.9% of alts are completely useless BTC/LTC clones the answer is no, altcoins will never be used by the average Joe mentioned in the OP.
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:38:33 PM

That's quite true, but the thread is not about to make judgement which system is the more corrupted, the banks or digital currencies, but try to figure out if alternative currencies can be mainstream, and since 99.9% of alts are completely useless BTC/LTC clones the answer is no, altcoins will never be used by the average Joe mentioned in the OP.

I am not so sure. The reason the banks are mainstream is because they market themselves and are perceived to be convenient to use by Joe Sheeple. I cannot see any technical impediment why crypto-currencies could not achieve this. Besides purely technical things like implementing trusted, truncated blockchains (is this so hard?) and a concerted effort to achieve mass adoption of payment gateway modules, the main issue appears to be FIAT gateways. The powers that be will put as many blocks on this as they possibly can. However if the community is big enough it may be possible to build out by having people reuse their crypto over and over in the same way as the physical alternative currencies do now.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:46:38 PM

U tell me
no Average Joe Mainstream guy wanna use this crap if its utterly easy to use VISA card, PayPal etc.
if it aint one click ready to go instant transactions then why the fuck should i use this bullshit ?

mining ? are u serious?

its so much easier to send transactions without this crap and for everything else theres already bitcoin... who needs altcoin BS ?

u tell me i should trust hackety script kiddie kidz on the internet instead of my bank and government? LMAO i'ma trust dem guys any day over the asstwats here,... yes they suck but they dont suck as much as the crypto kidz.

gotta be kidding dude ROFL... altcoins LOLOLOL ... 'altcoin mainstream adoption'... ROFLMAO man

gotta love dem comedy here.  crack me up im lovin it  Cool Cheesy

~CfA~

But there you are all over NEM coin praising it? This thread is all about saying alts are junk appart from NEM, amirite?
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:11:24 PM

OP is right, 99% of all altcoins are pump&dumps without value.

Only the ones that do solve a problem of Bitcoin (anonymity, lesser energy use, stability) are worth investing.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6591

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:14:46 PM

I hope you understood right my comment. Grin

Bitcoin has nearly zero anonymity (only if you manage to never provide your address to a merchant). Monero and Darkcoin (and some others) have, at least, improved anonymity.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:37:22 PM

Well, banking is pretty grubby, seedy and corrupt. HSBC were responsible for funding the criminal gangs in Mexico to go around beheading hundreds, if not thousands, of people. As well as market rigging, tax evasion conspiracies and mis-selling on an industrial scale. And they are mainstream.

Here's how to do money laundering, HSBC style:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/outrageous-hsbc-settlement-proves-the-drug-war-is-a-joke-20121213

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/12/us-hsbc-probe-idUSBRE8BA05M20121212

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:05:26 PM

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/outrageous-hsbc-settlement-proves-the-drug-war-is-a-joke-20121213

some of hsbs's dealings

2012 US/Mexico
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2174785/HSBC-scandal-Britains-biggest-bank-let-
drug-gangs-launder-millions--faces-640million-fine.html#ixzz20tiyTaKK

2014  Bukarest over Luxemburg, cypres
http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/10/21/20-billion-british-money-laundering-scam-goes-
through-eastern-europe-ending-at-hsbc-rbs-ubs-and-citibank/

2014 Belgian
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/17/us-hsbc-belgium-courts-idUSKCN0J118D20141117

2014 france
http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-hsbc-says-swiss-unit-charged-in-paris-with-money-
laundering-2014-11?IR=T

2012 france
http://hellasfrappe.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/hsbc-caught-in-new-drug-money.html?m=1

2013 argentine
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-21840052

2002 spain
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2002/sep/24/10

Greece managed to loose the list with 2000 greek peoples names on the blacklist for tax
evasion and money laundering

fined for dealing with Hezbollah..............

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
From Above (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:00:32 AM

yes banks truly r evil and bullshite

yet the vast amountz of altcoins r obviously merely utter bullshite

even dem better coins like NXT will never be used by Mr. Average Joe cuz them Joes dont even care about the #1 king Bitcoin at all.

see BTC has like 1 million users and its 5 years around..... what is that in large perspective?  

yes, correct, barely a measly little fly whereas dem banks are huge dragons

~CfA~

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:13:28 PM

Yeah, CfA has an undeniable point lurking in there: crypto is still too damn complicated for the average Joe Six-Pack, too complex and fiddly for Melissa Marketing-Manager and too time consuming for Larry Lawyer.

Only a small % of the world has the skills and is prepared to spend time on setting up clients and downloading blockchains, and that's us.  Grin

So, the only way to get mainstream adoption is going to be by building useful stuff on top of the blockchain that everyone can use.
The future of the crypto experience for most people will be simple-looking, intuitive apps with all of the complexity hidden safely underneath.

[shillmode]
NXT is designed from the ground up to be a modular system that allows users to build their own projects on top of the NXT core and blockchain, and it is these projects that will drive NXT mainstream adoption, not the cool features that appeal to crypto-nerds.
[/shillmode]

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: