Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:25:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "We Can Not Kill Our Way Out Of This War," Must Address Root Causes: Joblessness  (Read 963 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 04:49:45 PM

Close your eyes marie harf. Wish them away in the cornfield...

"They have to think happy thoughts and say happy things because once displeased, the monster can wish them into a cornfield or change them into a grotesque, walking horror. This particular monster can read minds, you see. He knows every thought, he can feel every emotion. Oh yes, I did forget something, didn't I? I forgot to introduce you to the monster. This is the monster. His name is Anthony Fremont. He's six years old, with a cute little-boy face and blue, guileless eyes. But when those eyes look at you, you'd better start thinking happy thoughts, because the mind behind them is absolutely in charge. This is the Twilight Zone."

WOLF BLITZER, CNN: You said that the U.S. cannot kill our way out of this war, that the U.S. needs to go after the root causes that lead these young men, mostly men, some women, to go and join ISIS or al Qaeda or Al-Shabaab or these terrorist groups. Give us a little perspective on what you were talking about.

MARIE HARF, STATE DEPARTMENT SPOKESWOMAN: Well, absolutely. I'm not the first person to say something like this. Military commanders that we've had throughout many years here fighting this war on terrorism have said the exact same thing, that in the short term when there's a threat like ISIL, we will take direct military action against these terrorists. We have done that. We are doing that in Iraq and in Syria.

But longer term, we have to look at how we combat the conditions that can lead people to turn to extremism. If you think about, you know, if there's a radical jihadi on the internet who is putting out hateful videos, that's powerful and dangerous, right? But if there are 10,000 men in a country who are willing to blow themselves up because of what that person says on the internet, that's much more dangerous. So how do you get to those 10,000 people? How do you get them not to pick up the AK-47 and instead do something more productive and positive in their life? That's what we're trying to get at in this summit, looking at the long-term problem, not just the short-term one.

BLITZER: So you suggest that maybe if you find these young men jobs, they might not become terrorists, right?

HARF: Well, I think that's a gross oversimplification. What we talked about is there's things like good governance in countries, where if there is not good governance, it can create a vacuum or a space for terrorist organizations to recruit and get people to their cause. We've seen that in Libya. That's a perfect example right now. Where there's a lack of governance, you've had young men attracted to this terrorist cause where there aren't other opportunities. We've seen this in a number of places around the Middle East and around the world. Unfortunately, people turn to terrorism sometimes. So how do you get at that root causes? That's really the bigger point of this week's summit.

BLITZER: But you know, of course, some of the best-known terrorists out there came from wealth and privilege, with higher education, degrees, whether Mohamed Atta or bin Laden himself.

HARF: Absolutely. And, look, countering violent extremism it takes on a variety of different ways that you can do that here. Part of it is military, absolutely. We are taking direct action against ISIL in Iraq and in Syria. But look, if we looked around the world and say long-term we cannot kill every terrorist around the world nor should we try, how do you get at the root causes of this? Look, it might be too nuanced of an argument for some like I've seen over the past 24 hours some of the commentary out but it's really the smart way for Democrats, for Republicans, military commanders, our partners in the Arab world think we need to combat it.

BLITZER: Just to be precise I want to give you a chance to respond to some of the critics who have been out there. You say it's important to find these guys jobs so they don't become terrorists. Explain what you meant.

HARF: Where there are places around the world where there's a lack of governance, a lack of economic opportunity. President George W. Bush talked about poverty being one of the drivers leading people to extremism. Where they are lacking in these kinds of opportunities, we need to talk about how to make that different, how to help our partners around the world give young men in that vulnerable age group a different path in life. Show them that there's a different chance for them than joining a terrorist organization. Again, it's one part of it, Wolf, but this is really a comprehensive way of looking how to combat extremism and it's not one that fits into a sound bite sometimes as I've seen over the last 24 hours but it's a really important piece of this.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/02/17/harf_on_jobs_for_terrorists_comment_argument_may_be_too_nuanced_for_some_bush_said_it_too.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSiujutDZD0

BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 04:52:53 PM

ctrl+p team member, and you care? LoL... what this little girl will never tell you, is that the NWO wanted to consolidate all the MENA+iran under their rules, to have more diversity in the girls they fuck, alas they forget what happened once upon a time on thoses sands... they have even forgotten their souls, but not the Natives... how could they?

money is faster...
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:00:14 PM

I didn't read her thing. But It is true that many of the people who are joining DASCH stat that money is a big reason. DASCH pays more than any other group in Syria. It is about $1K per month. That is a lot considering the 30%+ unemployment throughout the region. Not sure how long they can keep it up though. I see that their affiliate in Afghanistan is only offering $500.

You can also see the effect of this by going to places where unemployment is not an issue. In Oman I feel like the Jihad is million miles away. They have few insurgents there because everyone is busy making money. Even village by village you can predict how much support for DASCH is there by how poor the people are. Not that jobs are "the" issue. But 18, disenfranchised, and unemployed is a dangerous combination.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BitMos

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:02:43 PM

I didn't read her thing. But It is true that many of the people who are joining DASCH stat that money is a big reason. DASCH pays more than any other group in Syria. It is about $1K per month. That is a lot considering the 30%+ unemployment throughout the region. Not sure how long they can keep it up though. I see that their affiliate in Afghanistan is only offering $500.

You can also see the effect of this by going to places where unemployment is not an issue. In Oman I feel like the Jihad is million miles away. They have few insurgents there because everyone is busy making money. Even village by village you can predict how much support for DASCH is there by how poor the people are. Not that jobs are "the" issue. But 18, disenfranchised, and unemployed is a dangerous combination.

please stop with dash shit, it is ISIS. Using the word of the tongue man leads me to believe that you work for the tongue man. otherwise your post is interesting but you are too weak to admit that as long as the Fracturing of the Ummah perdures Isreal is safe, then all bets are off. they know, now you know. ctrl+p loves to see people poors, it easier for dsk and his friends to get fresh meat with the backing of legal authorities in most western countries (excluding the United Kingdoms).

money is faster...
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:07:58 PM

please stop with dash shit, it is ISIS. Using the word of the tongue man leads me to believe that you work for the tongue man. otherwise your post is interesting but you are too weak to admit that as long as the Fracturing of the Ummah perdures Isreal is safe, then all bets are off. they know, now you know.

I use DASCH because there is no longer an organization called ISIS. This is why I also no longer use U.S.S.R. I don't even get your point since the term ISIS was their creation also.

BitMos

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:10:03 PM

you fail to understand that the ctrl+p team are at work in most countries to get you poorers to get your daughters easier.
(or your wife, even if you are sectary of the defense of the American United States).

edit: use what you want, I don't care.

money is faster...
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:13:09 PM

you fail to understand that the ctrl+p team are at work in most countries to get you poorers to get your daughters easier.
(or your wife, even if you are sectary of the defense of the American United States).

edit: use what you want, I don't care.
You must be right. I haven't a clue what a Ctrl+P team is. Do they print things?

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:19:11 PM

Seems to me that the root causes of war are people believing the propaganda of the warmongers, and people becoming slaves of the war machine so that they, at least, build war machines, if not directly doing the fighting.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BitMos

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:21:06 PM

Seems to me that the root causes of war are people believing the propaganda of the warmongers, and people becoming slaves of the war machine so that they, at least, build war machines, if not directly doing the fighting.

Smiley

exactly, look they (ALL OF THEM) try to say ISIS ISIS, DACH what ever... but no words on the deeds of the money printers. not a word. it tell you who are their masters... they must have taken a too big of mortgages to pimp in their big new mansion to attrack the gold diggers (that will ultimately end up owning all or half in a bad scenario). fuck them, they are sinners.

edit: and how they must hate everyone that understood bitcoin, it must big hate, that must be that that clutter their judgments.

money is faster...
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:43:00 PM

For 1K a month you can: behead people (but you need to purchase the knife yourself), rape any infidel women you meet, then retire early by blowing yourself up?

Sounds like a great plan to get rid of poverty...

Roll Eyes

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:46:23 PM

More Marie Harf: I notice people don’t talk much about Joseph Kony’s Christian terror group anymore

I don’t know where to begin. For starters, I guess, the only reason most people ever talked about Kony was because he became a hashtag fad on Twitter for 10 minutes in early 2012. Remember KONY2012? It was a lot like BringBackOurGirls, which went so viral that it made it all the way to the First Lady’s office. Hashtag activism is the laziest, most disposable form of activism there is, but it’s a smash hit on social media precisely because it makes moral posturing easy. Almost a year after BringBackOurGirls went viral, the girls still haven’t been brought back and Boko Haram is killing Nigerians by the thousands. And yet you don’t hear people talking much about that either. That’s the nature of hashtag activism, as ephemeral as a fart. If Harf has a problem with it, maybe she shouldn’t participate in it.

Another reason you don’t hear much about Kony is because — ta da — Harf’s boss hasn’t had much success in catching him. Obama, to his credit, was actually ahead of the game on the Lord’s Resistance Army, sending 100 U.S. special ops troops to Africa in late 2011 to help locals track him down. He increased that commitment to 250 troops last year. Still no luck. Everyone’s doing their best, no doubt, but go figure that you didn’t hear Obama talk much about Osama Bin Laden’s whereabouts during the first two years of his presidency and why you still don’t hear him talk much about Ayman al-Zawahiri or Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi today. When you’re after a guy and coming up zeroes, you’re not in a hurry to highlight that fact. If Harf wants to hear more chatter about Kony, she can go knock on the Oval Office door and make the complaint herself.

But all of that is nitpicking. The reason Harf wants people chattering about Kony is because having a self-styled Christian terrorist group back on the public’s radar would help the White House out with its “Islamic terrorism isn’t really an Islamic problem” message. Sure, ISIS has taken over Iraq and Syria, and Al Qaeda’s still aiming to hit America, and Islamist militas are overrunning Libya, and homegrown jihadis are murdering cartoonists in Europe, but Joseph Kony and his gang of “Christian” lunatics are guilty of horrendous crimes in Africa too. It’s the foreign-policy version of mass shootings in the United States, in which hope forever springs eternal for progressives that the gunman will be identifiably conservative, thereby “proving” that (a) all right-wingers are tempted to violence and (b) Islamic terrorists are really no more or less dangerous than right-wingers are. Kony really is a terrorist so he’s potentially very useful to the White House in drawing religious equivalencies with jihadist groups. Frankly, I’m surprised it’s only Harf that’s mentioned him recently.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/02/18/more-marie-harf-i-notice-people-dont-talk-so-much-about-joseph-konys-christian-terror-group-anymore/

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 08:58:46 PM

For 1K a month you can: behead people (but you need to purchase the knife yourself), rape any infidel women you meet, then retire early by blowing yourself up?

Sounds like a great plan to get rid of poverty...

Roll Eyes

Lol, yeah. The brochure is a little vague on that part. I saw an interview with one of these guys who went there to fight the CIA. (So he was told). He would be given super weapons and learn to fight like Rambo. Of course when he got there he was handed a broken AK during a firefight!  Cheesy

It didn't take him long to figure out that there were no CIA agents to fight. He said he never killed anything except Muslims and that mostly they were fighting for oil fields and other resources. He is now trying to figure out how to get the F out of there. Not an easy task since he burned his passport when he arrived.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: