Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:32:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT WILL PREVAIL!  (Read 3406 times)
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 08:23:48 PM

After spending countless hours researching the majority of altcoins and other crypto projects i have come to the decision that NXT should come to the top in my books.

Too many crap coins with poor development, alot of promises and nothing to show for 1 year on, im not saying that all alts are crap, there are some very good projects out there, but most are lacking substance.

Hopefully CMC will be down to one page in 12  months time.

For now, do your research and HODL!  Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:46:37 PM

be prepared for the flood of shills
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 10:15:04 PM

Two things: So far, hands down, the best platform there is. No question about it. And support, ALREADY, of an enormous array of assets.

Second thing: Some 70 people own the lot of it. Any one or two of them cashing in, would sink the whole project and render it almost worthless.

That's why the price is 4k instead of 400k.
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 12:11:47 AM

BTC has the same problem with it, the minority of ppl hold the vast percentage of bitcoin. But the platform is amazing! There are many developing projects which are really promisin.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
Bralex

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 12:19:45 AM

Next project does have the most development and potential i see within crypto's 2.0, but as barabbas says the wealth distribution is terrible and if one or two of them cashes then the price crashes with them.

They paid so little to become the mega whales they should all give up a % and re distribute show that the project is fair and also generous (not greedy) and they may be surprised what that could do.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 12:36:24 AM

Two things: So far, hands down, the best platform there is. No question about it. And support, ALREADY, of an enormous array of assets.

Second thing: Some 70 people own the lot of it. Any one or two of them cashing in, would sink the whole project and render it almost worthless.

Aaagghhh...and a facepalm.
I'm gonna go completely mad if I have to tackle the initial distribution issue again........so I won't. Someone else can have a go.... Grin

It's a red herring anyway....NXTs current distribution is no better or worse than that of plenty of other cryptos, there are thousands of people invested in NXT.
Our big stakeholders have (mostly) proved over the last year that they will support NXT, and the few who wanted out of NXT are now out.
I'd like to also point out that the intial stakeholders are not faceless corporations or VC types, but average crypto investors who made a good decision.

NXT is in a good position right now, all it will take is for just one or two of the many current NXT-based projects to hit the big time, and NXT will take off like a train.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 12:42:37 AM

Aaagghhh...and a facepalm.
I'm gonna go completely mad if I have to tackle the initial distribution issue again........so I won't. Someone else can have a go.... Grin

It's a red herring anyway....NXTs current distribution is no better or worse than that of plenty of other cryptos, there are thousands of people invested in NXT.
Our big stakeholders have (mostly) proved over the last year that they will support NXT, and the few who wanted out of NXT are now out.
I'd like to also point out that the intial stakeholders are not faceless corporations or VC types, but average crypto investors who made a good decision.

NXT is in a good position right now, all it will take is for just one or two of the many current NXT-based projects to hit the big time, and NXT will take off like a train.

+1
I dont see the NEM distribution model being any better either.
There will always be whales with any crypto, and there are some large NEM bagholders, not to mention Bitcoin either.

If a whale dumps all their NXT, it will only be a good thing, even if it does make the price crash, it will allow others to buy the surplus NXT at a good price.

Im sick of the whole get rich quick attitude from alot of investors.

Your playing the wrong game if you think you will make a quick return in 12 months time, im thinking of what things will be like in 5-10 years...

jones_

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:56:26 AM

1. I agree, its pretty wonderful,

2. This isn't a valid argument anymore, only 1 of the 29 or so large whales has 5% of the stake and hasn't sold, all the rest have sold at least parts if not all of their nxt. There are around 50'000 accounts with positive balances on nxt. At this point, nxt can handle any account dumping all of its nxt and still be working fine.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:15:13 AM

2. This isn't a valid argument anymore, only 1 of the 29 or so large whales has 5% of the stake and hasn't sold, all the rest have sold at least parts if not all of their nxt. There are around 50'000 accounts with positive balances on nxt. At this point, nxt can handle any account dumping all of its nxt and still be working fine.

but only around 5000 with a balance of more than 1000 nxt.
all my nxt was spent on assets.  Have you accounted for that?
UNO_owner

Activity: 299

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:25:04 AM

The price is AS HIGH as 4k precisely because it is so unevenly distributed, not AS LOW as 4k because of it.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 03:16:04 AM

5,000 is a lot after only one year.

I ran pretty much what you ran, going through every tx...
But I want SERIOUS USERS so the last table requires at least 10 tx/account...
Which gives you about 500 accounts/users with at least 100,000 NXT ($1,000) and 10 tx...
Probably 100 of these are either Devs or Business Owners... how long before someone hits a homerun?

And NXT is worth $10 million... and the Assets have hit $10 million = $20 million total...
That is flat over one year... while BTC is down 62%.

nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:33:40 PM

5,000 is a lot after only one year.

I ran pretty much what you ran, going through every tx...
But I want SERIOUS USERS so the last table requires at least 10 tx/account...
Which gives you about 500 accounts/users with at least 100,000 NXT ($1,000) and 10 tx...
Probably 100 of these are either Devs or Business Owners... how long before someone hits a homerun?

And NXT is worth $10 million... and the Assets have hit $10 million = $20 million total...
That is flat over one year... while BTC is down 62%.

That info is quite interesting, firstly, it does show a good amount of adoption in only a year, secondly it shows there is plenty more room for adoption, and thirdly, it shows that its not too late to get into NXT... Wink

TiberiuC

Activity: 311

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:43:15 AM

NXT is the most accomplished altcoin IMO and i don't have a problem with its distribution since altcoin space is very small.
5000 accounts is bad? There are probably less than 25k people active in the altcoin space.
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:02:36 AM

NXT is the most accomplished altcoin IMO and i don't have a problem with its distribution since altcoin space is very small.
5000 accounts is bad? There are probably less than 25k people active in the altcoin space.

25K is not alot really is it? lol
I would like to find some solid stats on altcoins in general, because that is not alot of people and look at the global marketcap!
It really shows us that we are only at the tip of the iceberg with how big Crypto really will become in the years ahead.
 Cheesy

nagatlakshmi

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 05:33:21 AM

if the nxt are not in your account.. they are in someone elses.. so all nxt in existence would be accounted for.

Many NXT assets are fail. So if you want to play with NXT, Be with NXT.

doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:15:25 AM

if the nxt are not in your account.. they are in someone elses.. so all nxt in existence would be accounted for.

I think Supernet is not a bad investment and DeBuNe also ...
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:51:54 PM

Many are indeed, very much fail....but many are genuine projects that could prove to be worthwhile to invest in.
Like everything in crypto (and investing in general), do your own research before investing.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 01:18:01 AM

Many are indeed, very much fail....but many are genuine projects that could prove to be worthwhile to invest in.
Like everything in crypto (and investing in general), do your own research before investing.

Here are the Top 50 assets listed in the Nxt Exchange 9 months after launch...
Sorted by liquidity defined as (Number_of_Accounts + Number_of_Trades)... Top 50 is worth about $10,000,000.

And please note that only 5 assets or 10% death spiraled to near zero...
Indicating that there is a significant amount of Nxt Forum screening and outright scams are rare.

strimbello

Activity: 37
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:57:58 AM

I agree, since the very first idea I was sold for NXT. Although the naming still bugs me (I find it one of the few mistakes they made marketing wise) the NXT network, features and system itself is far, far more evolved than most alt coins, and even bitcoin itself in many regards.
On the other hand, what makes NXT great is the community and the developers.  I buy NXT almost every few weeks, to build up a nice portfolio holding,... when merchands are ready to adopt it, and the exchanges begin to see more and more potential it will soar. I'm not a price speculator, I'm just hoping NXT will be really used and really have value (no matter the exchange rate for $).

Thenever I see comparisons between NXT and other coins, I find it hard to believe it's only a nr.9 to 11 spot on the market-cap list,... there's a long way to go (also for bitcoin, which is still of course the main traction to crypto for many) but I feel we've come a very very long way in one year of NXTcoin.

thanks for the nice post, it's good to see some people really examining the marketspace, and eventually check NXT and like it Smiley

nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:35:52 PM

I agree, since the very first idea I was sold for NXT. Although the naming still bugs me (I find it one of the few mistakes they made marketing wise) the NXT network, features and system itself is far, far more evolved than most alt coins, and even bitcoin itself in many regards.
On the other hand, what makes NXT great is the community and the developers.  I buy NXT almost every few weeks, to build up a nice portfolio holding,... when merchands are ready to adopt it, and the exchanges begin to see more and more potential it will soar. I'm not a price speculator, I'm just hoping NXT will be really used and really have value (no matter the exchange rate for $).

Thenever I see comparisons between NXT and other coins, I find it hard to believe it's only a nr.9 to 11 spot on the market-cap list,... there's a long way to go (also for bitcoin, which is still of course the main traction to crypto for many) but I feel we've come a very very long way in one year of NXTcoin.

thanks for the nice post, it's good to see some people really examining the marketspace, and eventually check NXT and like it Smiley

I agree, although i cant really complain about the name or logo personally.
I quite like it on the other hand, looks futuristic and the term "next" doesnt have to suggest being the "next" thing to beat Bitcoin, but rather the "next" generation of currency in general.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: