Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:23:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Helsinki Bitcoin Meetup, Friday 3rd of August  (Read 2220 times)
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 05:32:54 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2012, 10:56:49 PM by Technomage

I'm here to announce a Bitcoin meetup that will be in Helsinki, Finland. The time is next Friday 5 PM local time outside the Assembly main doors. The meeting window is 2 hours so until 7 PM. Assembly ticket is not required.

Assembly is an event where Bitcoin will have a major presence this year. You can read all the details about that from here: https://bittiraha.fi/content/bitcoin-assembly-2012

A lot of Finnish Bitcoin enthusiasts will be present of course, including me. Hopefully we will have some international friends as well. Please follow us at Twitter and retweet! We will post updates regularly before and during the meetup.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 03:12:27 PM

I'll be there as well Smiley

aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 05:25:50 PM

Which calendar do you guys use in Finland? Because the 2nd of August is not a Friday, at least not this year...
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 06:55:47 PM

Which calendar do you guys use in Finland? Because the 2nd of August is not a Friday, at least not this year...

Oops. Smiley

It's fixed now, the correct date is Friday 3rd of August.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 10:57:45 PM

Time of the meeting has been changed slightly. It's now 5 PM. The day is the same.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 03:16:54 AM

Video of the presentation:

2012-08-02 assembly.org (Assembly 2012 seminar) - Bitcoin - the future of money

- http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98471.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 11:46:31 AM

Just a quick report regarding the meetup. It went well, we had over 20 people there. Almost everyone already met at Assembly but there were a couple of new faces.

YLE TV2, which is a major TV channel in Finland, filmed at the meeting and also at Assembly. The show will air next Tuesday and it's part of one of the most watched shows in Finland.

They have interviews from me and various other Bitcoin dudes including Sirius (the second major developer after Satoshi and the founder of this forum). They also got an interview of Vili Lehdonvirta whom some think is Satoshi. I met the guy and trust me, he is not Satoshi. Ideological background is very different.

They also got somekind of statements from the bank of Finland and the police. Interesting to see what kind of a piece it is, the length is only around 10 minutes.

Lyddite

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:14:49 AM

Anything official or not going on this year 2013 at Assembly with respect to Bitcoins?

I remember reading something about a competition earlier in the year but now there is nothing.

- Lyddite -
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 10:33:46 PM

Anything official or not going on this year 2013 at Assembly with respect to Bitcoins?

I remember reading something about a competition earlier in the year but now there is nothing.

Not in Assembly officially, but I'm planning on organizing a Satoshi Square event outside Assembly main doors. I'll announce it soon.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: