Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:51:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Methods of getting free electricity  (Read 7384 times)
Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 04:44:13 PM

You can find online these portable solar panels. They look like large printers. However, these can power 1 or maybe 2 S5 miners max and cost a lot of money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 07:00:38 PM

found this

"Interplanetary satellites that fly toward planets such as Jupiter and Saturn are so far away from the sun that they cannot use solar panels to generate electricity. These satellites use RTGs (radioisotope thermoelectric generators) to generate their power. An RTG uses radioactive material (like plutonium) to generate heat, and thermocouples convert the heat to electricity. RTGs have no moving parts, so they are reliable, and the radioactive material generates heat for many years."

but you need radioactive materials, maybe it can work in a small amount without being unsafe

there is a way to convert the heat from device that use electricity, to electricity again? i think it may be against the thermodynamic law
godidi

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 09:15:46 PM

Well nothing to do Smiley i have free electricity Smiley till my father gets retired !

Your country perhaps is China.Huh where government officials shall be free things including diamond , gold,....
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 09:58:22 PM

found this

"Interplanetary satellites that fly toward planets such as Jupiter and Saturn are so far away from the sun that they cannot use solar panels to generate electricity. These satellites use RTGs (radioisotope thermoelectric generators) to generate their power. An RTG uses radioactive material (like plutonium) to generate heat, and thermocouples convert the heat to electricity. RTGs have no moving parts, so they are reliable, and the radioactive material generates heat for many years."

but you need radioactive materials, maybe it can work in a small amount without being unsafe

there is a way to convert the heat from device that use electricity, to electricity again? i think it may be against the thermodynamic law
The GPHS-RTG model used in most recent missions uses 7.8kg of Pu-238 and generates 300W of electricity. If you can find 35lbs of plutonium, you could power an S5 this way using two of them. Of course, rather than using them to power an S5 you might want to sell them to NASA for $50M each.

You can recover heat from a device using the same effect, but you need a temperature differential across your recovery device. Essentially, you do so at the cost of making the miner run hotter all else being equal.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 06:05:36 AM

found this

The GPHS-RTG model used in most recent missions uses 7.8kg of Pu-238 and generates 300W of electricity. If you can find 35lbs of plutonium, you could power an S5 this way using two of them. Of course, rather than using them to power an S5 you might want to sell them to NASA for $50M each.

You can recover heat from a device using the same effect, but you need a temperature differential across your recovery device. Essentially, you do so at the cost of making the miner run hotter all else being equal.

that's interesting, are 35lb of plutonium dangerous for your healthy, i mean you can just use them like they are aluminium or something

so if i can find a ay to run the mine hotter and then stop it to refrigerate, and repeat again it would be possible?
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 06:21:00 AM

If you have 35lb of plutonium, you should bail on the whole Bitcoin thing and look for buyers of your plutonium. Way big profit there.
hugs1BTC

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:52:02 PM

found this

Plutonium? Is this back to the future? lol Cheesy
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:25:55 PM

Gasifiers are a proven technology, and they work extremely well.
I have years of research and dev on home builds. It takes skill in welding fabrication, small engine repair, electrical knowledge and alot of patience...
But it's very rewarding. There are many places which sell units ready to operate, but you will pay dearly for them.
good luck.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:01:50 PM

Gasifiers are a proven technology, and they work extremely well.
I have years of research and dev on home builds. It takes skill in welding fabrication, small engine repair, electrical knowledge and alot of patience...
But it's very rewarding. There are many places which sell units ready to operate, but you will pay dearly for them.
good luck.

Have you built one, can you give some more details about them? Why do you think they work extremely well, what are your examples. 

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Snipe85

Activity: 756

Infleum

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:26:17 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 07:38:51 PM by Snipe85

The idea is actually very good and you can build this thing from scrap.
Here's a good video that should explain all the basics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6e3CprVTi8

that's interesting, are 35lb of plutonium dangerous for your healthy, i mean you can just use them like they are aluminium or something

so if i can find a ay to run the mine hotter and then stop it to refrigerate, and repeat again it would be possible?

It's radioactive, figure it out ;P

Those plutonium generators were being used in the Soviet era and they are completely safe and self running. The fuel capsule is enclosed in a shell cooled by a closed loop. You can find a lot of them being sold for scrap in Russia or just lying around, rusting away.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: