Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:03:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will we move away from the infamous exchange prices?  (Read 2869 times)
lucasjkr

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:25:31 PM

I think people will not have a problem following the exchange rate, if they were sure that the price was not manipulated.

We have seen transaction volumes exceeding 100 000 for a while now, and the price does not reflect that. {Yes, I know it's not a true indicator but it's one of them}

The exchanges are the weakest link in the Bitcoin chain. {Hacks; manipulation...etc. etc.} We will have to find a suitable replacement for them in the form of p2p decentralized exchanges.

These exchanges are pulling us down, and we must prevent another MtGox fiasco.  Angry Angry

p2p exhanges are a myth. Sure, the crypto coins can all be held in a decentralized manner, multi-sig, etc... But the real world financial system doesn't "do" decentralized - for every "decentralized" exchange, there'll need to be at least one person, one company, that isn't decentralized at all, but instead holds all the fiat and transacts fiat as people need.
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:14:13 PM

I think people will not have a problem following the exchange rate, if they were sure that the price was not manipulated.

We have seen transaction volumes exceeding 100 000 for a while now, and the price does not reflect that. {Yes, I know it's not a true indicator but it's one of them}

The exchanges are the weakest link in the Bitcoin chain. {Hacks; manipulation...etc. etc.} We will have to find a suitable replacement for them in the form of p2p decentralized exchanges.

These exchanges are pulling us down, and we must prevent another MtGox fiasco.  Angry Angry

p2p exhanges are a myth. Sure, the crypto coins can all be held in a decentralized manner, multi-sig, etc... But the real world financial system doesn't "do" decentralized - for every "decentralized" exchange, there'll need to be at least one person, one company, that isn't decentralized at all, but instead holds all the fiat and transacts fiat as people need.

I remember when bitcoin was a myth. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: