Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:37:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US Marshals to Auction 50,000 Ross Ulbricht Bitcoins  (Read 2017 times)
Coinbuddy (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 06:31:36 AM

The United States Marshals Service (USMS) has announced that it will be auctioning 50,000 BTC from Ross Ulbricht’s personal holdings in March. Ulbricht was convicted of being the mastermind behind Silk Road, an infamous dark net drug marketplace, and is currently awaiting sentencing.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 06:35:05 AM

Aye, and this is a great buying opportunity for someone with the wallet
Talk about making the wealthy even wealthier Wink

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ericjarvies

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 06:50:12 AM

People should avoid purchasing these coins like they avoid the plague, because purchasing these coins is simply financially rewarding a government that is entirely opposed to the people, and the proceeds the government receives for them coins will go directly towards the prosecution of more American people... none of those funds will go towards the betterment of the American people. 

It would be one thing if the American people were in fact in control over their government, but this clearly is not the case, and has not been the case for a very -very- long time.
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 04:47:44 PM

It seems pretty messed up to me on their site
http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2015/dpr-february-auction/

Undecided
Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 08:31:09 PM

People should avoid purchasing these coins like they avoid the plague, because purchasing these coins is simply financially rewarding a government that is entirely opposed to the people, and the proceeds the government receives for them coins will go directly towards the prosecution of more American people... none of those funds will go towards the betterment of the American people. 

It would be one thing if the American people were in fact in control over their government, but this clearly is not the case, and has not been the case for a very -very- long time.

Bidders can bid lower price for those coins.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:12:06 PM

Does it make sense to sell my holdings with the expectation of a lower Bitcoin price, where I can buy back in?

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:14:09 PM

and they still have 44k bitcoins remaining to sell
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:48:09 PM

What exchange are they going to use?
fritz

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:52:19 PM

How can someone submit a bid of purchase, a process that obviously will take days or weeks on a fluctuating currency? 
calfries

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:54:53 PM

I guess you have to project what you think the value will be in the future. How high do you think Bitcoin will go again?
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:43:40 PM

Does it make sense to sell my holdings with the expectation of a lower Bitcoin price, where I can buy back in?

Smiley

Yes, I think you are right.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:46:42 PM

Great time to buy with prices so low:
Will the same Billionaire win the auction again?

Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:07:31 AM

I could not agree with this post more.
I would not buy these "stolen" coins for $0.01 on principal alone.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:12:14 AM

You want bitcoins to be less fungible?

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:21:59 AM

You want bitcoins to be less fungible?

I dont want any of my money going to any institution that makes money off of stealing.
It would be one thing if the funds produced from this type of auction would go to legit social services such as the Veterans Association or funding of domestic schools etc. but we all know thats not the case.

The money produced from auctions like these will most likely end up in a place where society sees the least amount of benefit.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:36:13 PM

What exchange are they going to use?

It is going to be an auction, not sold at an exchange.

RedhatCAT

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:06:31 AM

There is no such thing as stolen coins. Bitcoin is fungible therefore regardless of the source of the inputs from the coins they will be treated the same as any other bitcoin.

What you are proposing is to reduce the fungibility of bitcoin which will in turn cause bitcoin to ultimately fail.

I don't like the government forcibly the coins either, however avoiding them like this is not the solution
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: