Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:12:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ✪ E-SPORTS PICKS : CSGO/LoL : 420 WINS - 69 LOSSES : MIDDLEMAN SERVICES  (Read 26500 times)
michinzx (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:15:16 PM

bo1, train
michinzx (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 08:36:20 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 08:59:41 PM by michinzx

VP takes the map vs NiP.
1 more pick for now

wouldve bet 2-3 units on spread and ml map 1 if i got home in time, map 1 turned out to be mirage, shame.
michinzx (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 09:33:48 PM

VP getting utterly stomped on overpass by LGB, completely unexpected, but it happens.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 09:53:30 PM

VP getting utterly stomped on overpass by LGB, completely unexpected, but it happens.
I'm starting to follow your bets.  Do you think betting on eSports is a good idea?  I feel like it's easier to throw in an online game compared to a physical sport, so that's why I'm wondering if I should bet a good amount of bitcoins in esports.
magicmexican

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:23:10 PM

I'm starting to follow your bets.  Do you think betting on eSports is a good idea?  I feel like it's easier to throw in an online game compared to a physical sport, so that's why I'm wondering if I should bet a good amount of bitcoins in esports.

The potential ROI in e-sports is way higher compated to 'real' sports (for now), just because there are a lot more square bettors who move the lines and not a lot of sharp competition.

In real sports, its extremely hard to find value because all +ev spots are dissapearing really fast after the lines come up, as a result of all sharp money with statistical models behind them jumping on them as long as they are profitable.

You are also mistaken in your feeling thats its easier to throw in online game compared to a physical sport. I would argue that the reverse is actually way more true.
badjacks99

Activity: 1050
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:26:36 PM

Yes, there is always the risk of matches being thrown. In CS:GO this past year a tier 1 NA Team was banned from participating in tourneys do to match fixing, thus ruining their careers until the ban ends. So, if you stick to the pro level in my opinion you shouldn't need to worry about match fixing.
michinzx (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:22:07 AM

Yes, there is always the risk of matches being thrown. In CS:GO this past year a tier 1 NA Team was banned from participating in tourneys do to match fixing, thus ruining their careers until the ban ends. So, if you stick to the pro level in my opinion you shouldn't need to worry about match fixing.

you forget that iBP was a pro team, best in NA while they were going. however, in the current time, tier 1 and tier 2 teams very rarely throw now, risk outweigh the potential benefits of throwing right now.
michinzx (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:36:02 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 01:46:29 AM by michinzx

elevate are playing poorly in addition to method playing fantastic right now, but nihilium is still the overall better team here.
edit: direct nade on a teammate 10 feet away, bit of communication issues here
michinzx (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:47:43 AM

elevate are playing poorly in addition to method playing fantastic right now, but nihilium is still the overall better team here.
edit: direct nade on a teammate 10 feet away, bit of communication issues here

as predicted, nihilium takes the map vs elevate, a bit closer than i thought it would be though, 16-13
michinzx (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 02:22:12 PM

a random few of the bets i placed on fairlay, moving on from nitrogensports, grading takes way too long and fairlay offers better odds.

these free picks were chosen randomly.
a word on fnatic v tsm; tsm seems to have a playstyle that counters fnatic; theyve shown great performances against fnatic in particular, and expect them to win the match, but not betting on a spread because fnatic is fnatic, the best team in the world at the moment.
michinzx (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:34:02 PM

bonus pick:
odds changed in between my opening the bet page and pressing confirm, odds are decreasing as i type as well.

hiko will be playing for Nihilum (confirmed on stream, really.), predicting hiko alone will probably outskill all of LG by himself kappa
but really, hes good and will be an amazing addition to the team.
michinzx (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:46:52 PM

uunfortunately, TSM got cocky(?) and decided to go t side first on overpass after winning the knife round, and ended up not doing so well. Don't know what happened, but was not expecting this, lot of upset victories from underdog teams today as well.
in addition, fairlay gives the count of mbtc won within the last week, so ill be using that. Also will be restarting the count for units and whatnot, unit size is still 4mbtc, bankroll is at 0.2 btc. from some betslips i placed earlier, i think my bankroll is at ~0.23 right now, not counting the winnings from nitrogen.

quick update as well, second map for titan v mouz has been rescheduled.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 09:15:39 PM

I'm starting to follow your bets.  Do you think betting on eSports is a good idea?  I feel like it's easier to throw in an online game compared to a physical sport, so that's why I'm wondering if I should bet a good amount of bitcoins in esports.

The potential ROI in e-sports is way higher compated to 'real' sports (for now), just because there are a lot more square bettors who move the lines and not a lot of sharp competition.

In real sports, its extremely hard to find value because all +ev spots are dissapearing really fast after the lines come up, as a result of all sharp money with statistical models behind them jumping on them as long as they are profitable.

You are also mistaken in your feeling thats its easier to throw in online game compared to a physical sport. I would argue that the reverse is actually way more true.
Really?  I'm finding it that there are many teams that throw - in fact - I heard that some of them throw just because they bet on themselves to lose. 
But anyways, I'll try my luck and bet on your bets now!  Will get back to you.
michinzx (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:13:29 PM

Really?  I'm finding it that there are many teams that throw - in fact - I heard that some of them throw just because they bet on themselves to lose. 
But anyways, I'll try my luck and bet on your bets now!  Will get back to you.

yes, that wouldve been the huge ibuypower scandal a few months back, i believe they made a shitload of money off of that too, steel has stated on stream that he has made 100k usd from matchfixing. however, tier 1 teams and most tier 2 teams do not throw afaik. there are incidents where teams that get listed on lounge for the first time have a tendancy to do so, but more often then not they dont care enough to throw (see onlinebots and stormberg incident)
michinzx (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:46:30 PM

free picks for today

VP v navi:
map 1 is navi pick, map 2 is VP pick.
michinzx (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:50:07 PM

another pick for today
KeyD stars (you may remember them from katowice) have moved to NA. theyre nutty like shroud.

also on fairlay the format goes event, bet in mbtc, odds, match outcome, and my pick.

edit: teams for gfinity have been announced, C9 doesnt have a chance imo.
pureelite

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:43:57 PM

another pick for today
KeyD stars (you may remember them from katowice) have moved to NA. theyre nutty like shroud.

also on fairlay the format goes event, bet in mbtc, odds, match outcome, and my pick.

what does the 4.00 and 3.00 mean on the side ? how much you wagered on that bet ? or the odd?
michinzx (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:20:23 PM

another pick for today

what does the 4.00 and 3.00 mean on the side ? how much you wagered on that bet ? or the odd?

that is the bet in mbtc (0.001 BTC).

also for vp v navi, the maps turned out to be mirage and cobble, both of which are strong maps for both teams, and they ended up taking each other's map picks, resulting in 2 losses. unfortunate, but unexpected b/c map picks. mouz did stomp however, with a 16-6 score winning the spread.
michinzx (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:37:39 PM

a couple picks for today:

mouz looking real strong the last few times ive seen them, good to see the line up is coming together.
TSM seems to be still dealing a little with their 'choking' issue, but theyre still a whole level above the current dig lineup.
michinzx (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

also, bankroll has been reset to 200 mbtc (0.2BTC) for betting on fairlay.
currently matched: 52 mbtc
current total: 211.6 mbtc (0.2116 BTC) --> +0.0116 btc

i will be posting similar updates as a means of tracking progress from now on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: