Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2018, 01:52:50 PM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of court cases, complaints, regulatory actions, etc.  (Read 154547 times)
mitha rosdiana

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:53:51 AM

I have a feeling threads like this will be becoming more popular this year as regulators are looking more carefully at ICOs and are willing to step in and take action where they think they have jurisdiction. Markets like Korea or China where they have simply banned ICOs make for uninteresting reading as there is no well explained policy reasons or abilities to make determinations on grey areas. I think that securities regulators and tax authorities who take an active interest and do not apply a blanket approach will make for very intellectual discussions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yuraayura

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:36:38 AM

why update too many posts to cover page 1 and 2, but this info is very good and useful, I really like and interested. just like this  Wink keep going ! Regrads
hacekd

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:55:13 AM

Bitcoin technology based on blockchain technology provides an attractive option for cybercriminals. With the operation of Bitcoin as a decentralized currency, people can make transactions without the presence of intermediaries such as banks or other financial institutions. This lack of intermediaries makes Bitcoin users gain anonymity and an impenetrable level of confidentiality from third-party interference.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
OpenPoll
Copper Member

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 03:53:50 AM

BitFloor files complaint with FBI and Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

Abstract: BitFloor suffered a security breach/hack in which about 24,000 BTC were stolen after access by the hacker was obtained to an unencrypted backup copy of the private keys hosted on BitFloor’s systems.  The exchange is essentially insolvent as a result and remains shuttered, except for facilitating withdrawals for the funds that weren’t stolen — the U.S. dollar balances, none of which were impacted as a result of the security breach.

I think it's disgusting the amount of exchanges and startups that have poor amounts of security for their digital assets. In traditional companies, there is very little someone can do to steal everything in seconds- however, obviously, crypto completely changes that. You'd think that anyone developing an exchange of value would invest considerable effort into protecting funds, but clearly they do not.
MuxeProject
Copper Member

Activity: 126

MUXE - Real Estate Assets Platform

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 01:59:16 AM

Abstract: BitFloor suffered a security breach/hack in which about 24,000 BTC were stolen after access by the hacker was obtained to an unencrypted backup copy of the private keys hosted on BitFloor’s systems.  The exchange is essentially insolvent as a result and remains shuttered, except for facilitating withdrawals for the funds that weren’t stolen — the U.S. dollar balances, none of which were impacted as a result of the security breach.

I think it's disgusting the amount of exchanges and startups that have poor amounts of security for their digital assets. In traditional companies, there is very little someone can do to steal everything in seconds- however, obviously, crypto completely changes that. You'd think that anyone developing an exchange of value would invest considerable effort into protecting funds, but clearly they do not.

Agreed, I believe that something that needs to be done within exchanges would be a segregation of duties system. Whereas the hackers would have to penetrate many complex layers within the organization in order to steal funds. As it is now you take the funds and simply send it to your wallet. What exchanges should do IMO is make it so that there are 3-6 layers of authorizes on different teams in order to prevent fraud. Wondering if that could be built into the system itself for exchanges where the stakes are much higher than for the retail investor.   

Join the discussion about Blockchain & Real Estate! | MUXE - innovative platform for all real estate needs | www.muxe.io
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1117

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:57:10 PM

Abstract: BitFloor suffered a security breach/hack in which about 24,000 BTC were stolen after access by the hacker was obtained to an unencrypted backup copy of the private keys hosted on BitFloor’s systems.  The exchange is essentially insolvent as a result and remains shuttered, except for facilitating withdrawals for the funds that weren’t stolen — the U.S. dollar balances, none of which were impacted as a result of the security breach.
Agreed. This is the #1 reason that governments not only are beginning to but MUST regulate the exchanges and ICO (startups) releases!
Regulation will force the exchanges to implement at least baseline security standards and financial solvency/reporting requirements for startups looking to use ICO's for their financing. Right now for the most part the crypto-coin world is the Wild West where anything goes with ZERO consumer protections.

For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself - Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats
How a miner mfgr SHOULD operate: HaggsFIN trip to Canaan My info useful? Donations welcome! 1Fuzzyk398kDWVjuC5qPX5v6CjSkvbgAbd
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
AWESUMGOD

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:11:02 PM

Due to the bridge of security and it's lapses the government of some countries with detail knowledge of cyber crime has not been in agreement with its security checks and hence do not support it's policies and benefit even if the benefits out weighs the cyber evil. My take on the issue is that more appropriate measures be taken to make the blockchain technology a safer environment.
nguyenminh72

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:01:40 AM

Disclosure Group Investment Bitcoin barred by the CVM in Brazil
Jul. 25, 2012

Abstract: CVM (securities regulator in Brazil) decided that the Brazilian operator of a bitcoin-based "investment group" was violating securities law there and had to suspend the group.
Elachious12

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 10:39:56 PM

A case of Cryptocurrency fraud by some fraudster in Japan in the early days of Bitcoin, that was dated back to around 2003, there are other numerous cases
aftermkt

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:49:38 PM

Haberle v. Spence = "Dark Ripple" or "DRIP" fraud class action

https://www.classactionsreporter.com/securities-fraud/julian-spence-drip-cryptocurrency-fraud-securities-class-action
http://securities.stanford.edu/filings-documents/1065/D00_04/2018329_f01c_18CV02288.pdf
https://bitcoin-lawyer.org/videos/
tuankent55555

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:44:51 PM

An interesting read about Bitcoin & legislation...
Oct. 26, 2017
Bodj1997

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:03:33 AM

Most crypto currency functions and circulate in the block. This is an open, decentralized database, where all transactions are recorded and stored. It does not reside on any particular server or hard drive, but is broken down into nodes. Support its active members of the network - ordinary users of full-fledged wallets.
Bodj1997

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:53:34 PM

What is a bitcoin? This word sounds from everywhere, people and texts repeat it. But what does it mean? Formally, everything is very simple: bit is an elementary unit of information, a coin is a coin. But what is caused by resonance throughout Ukraine, which has not fallen off for several weeks? And the fact that, if we sort out, we all live in a great time: a new kind of money is being established in the world. At first, people simply exchanged food and stone axes, then the role of the equivalent began to play - gold, then, with the invention of paper money, gold became their provision, then to the precious metals the Gross National Product was joined ... And now, most likely, an era begins when the provision of money becomes "the gold of the twentieth century - the information - which" goes to the people ", more precisely in his pocket, in the form of bitcoin.

Does anyone still think that the bitcoin is not backed up? Then we go back to you: that's absolutely not the case! The bitcoin is backed by information stored in the blocks (on this - further). Yes, bitcoin has no basis for material, but has another - scientific and technical. Information is "the gold of the twenty-first century". And, it is worth noting that it is a little distinguished from the gold - so it can not be built from the house, it can not be eaten or put on by itself - but analyze what it is: information, if it does according to established rules, enough it is difficult and costly to extract resources, as well as gold, it can be divided into small pieces, like gold, it can be stored for as long as you like, and the gold that is not corroded, and therefore it can be "made" coins ( bitcoins), as well as from gold. That's all ...

If you turn to the topical. Remember the recent news about the next record of the course (already $ 4,121 per 1 bitcoin), about the SBU, which revealed at the site of the Paton Institute some kind of "production" of bitcoins on 200 computers, or some country recognized bitcoin as a currency? And all this attention - through one fundamental thing. If the bitcoin is a currency unit that has a course, if it is a means of buying / selling, then where is the state? A monopoly on the organization of exchange is a key monopoly of the state. And if she was taken away? The easiest example: you sold something for the hryvnia, and as a law-abiding business entity, you deducted the tax - VAT for the budget, and if the bill was in bitcoins, which nobody in Ukraine recognized, whose course is not formed by the NBU, but unknown to anyone ...
SergeiNomy

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:08:23 AM

What is my URL?I watch after that massege.
mindmapcoin

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:49:02 PM

I recorded a phone call of myself talking to Bitpay Card customer service. The irony here was that my card was shut off for fraud protection like 4 times in a month, but they could not tell me why. I have since stopped using it as my primary crypto to fiat process. Has anyone had similar issues with Shakepay or the other alternative cards?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oibM7bRW06A
saqib53

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:34:10 AM

Bitcoin FBI Report April 2012
May 8, 2012

Abstract: (Allegedly) The FBI provides analysis of bitcoin for distribution to an international audience

- http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=80114.0BTC
okbabibou

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:38:16 PM

**********************************************************************************************
BUREX EXCHANGE AIRDROP REGISTRATION

https[Suspicious link removed]xchange.com/?ref=5b128db3f910305bec0d9044

**********************************************************************************************

Mybit airdrop 30$

http://telegram.me/Mybitairdrop_bot?start=2121454

Electrocoin airdrop 60$

https://electrocoin.typeform.com/to/jaXgQK?referral=@btc_red

ShipIt Airdrop bot.

You can receive 30 SHPT with these simple steps

https://t.me/ShipItAirdropBot?start=389147801

signup for #Airdrop & get 500 free ARAW Tokens

https://airdrop.arawtoken.io/?code=W9qnCe5

********************************************************************************************

Gnosis (GNO) worth 72$

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gnosis-gno/

http://telegram.me/Gnosisairdropbot?start/?reff=9373635

http://telegram.me/Happycoinairdropbot?start=82017

?? BALANCE : 200 HPC

Free 5000 KEN Token (150$)

https://kentra.network/?ref=@btc_red

nobs airdrop worth 300$

https://airdrop.nobscrypto.com/r/S17syQlgm
y0ungG1lL

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:20:40 PM

Bitcoin in France: first legal decision directly related to Bitcoin?
Sep. 4, 2011
TrippleFDK

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:03:45 AM

Think this list needs to be closed and a new one opened and maintained. Most posts in here are from years back and older with nothing new. Sent a PM to OP just now maybe can come to thread and keep people updated stuff like this is handy to have and read. Maybe if does not want to continue to update if I ever get the time maybe will do one myself for everyone
dinis_saifutdin

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:20:00 PM

any news when will be the growth?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.