Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:28:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfloor Help  (Read 1087 times)
MohiKanMatriX (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 03:46:10 AM

Bitfloor seems like the way to go, but I'm having problems and their support isn't helping. First I had trouble making a deposit. There isn't a Chase Bank from my town for like 300 miles. I finally got it figured out after mailing their support team, but it was a pain cuz the guy who always answers my questions is a dick. He hardly pays attention to what I ask and answers vaguely even when I wrote something like: I must be slow. Can you please explain in more detail?-No! Apparently not. I'm just lucky to get a response. Well, I could be wrong because it's only been two hours since I last asked a question. But I think "Roman" is annoyed with me and isn't returning my message. I don't know, but if I don't get this solved soon I'll be forced to demand all my money returned which I did pay in cash.
Sorry- Anyways I have USD in my account, but I cannot exchange them for BTC. I've tried market order over and over again and keep getting the same error message. "Error processing market order. Your order may have partially failed or failed entirely. Try using our limit order" And I don't understand how to use the limit order. It doesn't make sense to me. I shouldn't have to anyway, right? I'd rather just buy instantly then wait for a bid to be approved. Cuz I've already been at this for days. I'm very frustrated and I hate Roman right now. I don't know if Bitfloor is a good/bad company yet, but their customer service sucks. Any solutions are welcomed. Thanks
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 04:00:26 AM

A limit order, is an order you wish to have filled at a price you select, away from the spot price. A market order, which executes now, to the highest bids/lowest asks.

If you can't get market order to work, try setting a limit order for the # of coins you want, at say, $10. This way, it'll essentially just place a market order, but don't worry, it *should* only charge for the matched prices.

*By should, I mean if their engine is written fair/properly, which all exchanges I've used are (Gox, TradeHill, BTC-e).

If you still need help, I'll post up some screen shots with some more details on limit orders.

MohiKanMatriX (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 04:34:32 AM

Okay. That's pretty much what I thought, but the total thing throws me off. BTC you want X money you want to spend = a really low number. That's the part I don't get.  Is it the exchange rate? Cuz it makes me scared I'm agreeing to a low amount of coin.  I don't wanna screw myself over.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 05:19:18 AM

Okay. That's pretty much what I thought, but the total thing throws me off. BTC you want X money you want to spend = a really low number. That's the part I don't get.  Is it the exchange rate? Cuz it makes me scared I'm agreeing to a low amount of coin.  I don't wanna screw myself over.

Mouse over the depth chart (ask side), in market info. Find a spot where the accumulated total is around your cash value you want to spend. Note the price there, buy at that price. For instance, if you want to spend $100, find the lowest price that has $100 worth of BTC at it, and use that price.

MohiKanMatriX (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 06:16:26 AM

Nope. I don't get it. And I was wrong about a few things. It's Size x Price = Total. So I put example ($100 matches market offer) Size:11.2 X Price:100 = 1124.48000 And that's the second thing the total is really high. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 06:31:04 AM

Alright! Roughly how much do you want to spend?

PM me if you want to keep it more secretive! I have an account there and I will get some screen shots of what I'm talking about, and write a walkthrough for you.  Smiley

MohiKanMatriX (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 09:20:15 AM

Okay. I'm dumb. If I had just taken a chance and pressed "buy" it basically explains it. Would have figured it out after frustratingly tinkering a little more, but luckily I didn't have to cuz RyNin went well out of his way to help. Maybe because we write our names similarly. Ha! Thanks Rynin Smiley To me it makes sense it's set up like 'How many bitcoins you want?(Amount) How much money would you like to pay for that amount?(Price) - Um.. No" JK Anyway the times symbol should have given it away. It's BTC you want at what rate per coin equals total dollars you will spend at that rate for those coins. So far it's successfully taken my request and awaits endorsement. Just following up in case any other slow learners get stuck too, or worse that pain in the ass error.
Thanks guys
shtylman

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 08:04:31 PM

Bitfloor seems like the way to go, but I'm having problems and their support isn't helping. First I had trouble making a deposit. There isn't a Chase Bank from my town for like 300 miles. I finally got it figured out after mailing their support team, but it was a pain cuz the guy who always answers my questions is a dick. He hardly pays attention to what I ask and answers vaguely even when I wrote something like: I must be slow. Can you please explain in more detail?-No! Apparently not. I'm just lucky to get a response. Well, I could be wrong because it's only been two hours since I last asked a question. But I think "Roman" is annoyed with me and isn't returning my message. I don't know, but if I don't get this solved soon I'll be forced to demand all my money returned which I did pay in cash.
Sorry- Anyways I have USD in my account, but I cannot exchange them for BTC. I've tried market order over and over again and keep getting the same error message. "Error processing market order. Your order may have partially failed or failed entirely. Try using our limit order" And I don't understand how to use the limit order. It doesn't make sense to me. I shouldn't have to anyway, right? I'd rather just buy instantly then wait for a bid to be approved. Cuz I've already been at this for days. I'm very frustrated and I hate Roman right now. I don't know if Bitfloor is a good/bad company yet, but their customer service sucks. Any solutions are welcomed. Thanks

We do not ignore you. We just don't have 24 hour support able to answer your questions at every second. I will update our docs with some basic info about limit orders and market orders for new users. In the past our focus has been on users who understood these concepts and how currency trading works. We always strive to make our system easier to use and help new users understand what is going on. To some degree there is currently a non-zero learning curve and some basic understanding of trading required, but we are working to rectify this.
unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 09:21:14 PM

It's like Shake 'n' Bake.

So easy to make a meal, but yet the makers of the stuff can't help it if you burnt the shit to a crisp!

Sorry. Not very useful info but I needed to chime in just because Tongue

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 11:55:27 PM

Okay. I'm dumb. If I had just taken a chance and pressed "buy" it basically explains it. Would have figured it out after frustratingly tinkering a little more, but luckily I didn't have to cuz RyNin went well out of his way to help. Maybe because we write our names similarly. Ha! Thanks Rynin Smiley To me it makes sense it's set up like 'How many bitcoins you want?(Amount) How much money would you like to pay for that amount?(Price) - Um.. No" JK Anyway the times symbol should have given it away. It's BTC you want at what rate per coin equals total dollars you will spend at that rate for those coins. So far it's successfully taken my request and awaits endorsement. Just following up in case any other slow learners get stuck too, or worse that pain in the ass error.
Thanks guys

No problem, Glad to here you're up and trading now!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: