Bitcoin Forum
December 12, 2017, 12:30:21 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ♔ RUSTYRYAN's 3.0% Weekly Term Deposits ♔  (Read 25079 times)
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:47:00 AM

No government in the world recognizes them as a currency, a commodity, or a financial instrument of any kind.

Tell that to GLBSE and the SEC  Roll Eyes

Also, I think a more effective opening statement to Ryan's family would be to state the monetary value of what he's stolen (ie what? $25000?)
That'll make them sit up and take notice.

Let's not forget, the SEC is reading these boards, thanks to the data mining here they probably have his details as is, but it'd be better to make family contact  Wink

And no, I wasn't enough of a blatant retard to give this scammer any coin, I just think that he should be hung upside down by his testicles until he pays everyone back  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
CharlieContent

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 06:10:14 AM

Tell that to GLBSE and the SEC  Roll Eyes

I think you fundamentally misunderstand the role of the SEC. Part of their remit is to deal with unregistered securities. If they had an interest in GLBSE, it would be related to that. The fact that the SEC doesn't want unregistered securities to be sold is in no way an a US government endorsement, acknowledgement or recognition of Bitcoin as a currency, a commodity or a financial instrument. I can't believe I'm having to explain that to you.

Do you think that if the SEC shut down an unlicensed securities exchange that was selling securities using pokemon cards as a currency, that would mean the US government officially acknowledges pokemon cards as a currency? C'mon man, you're not that dumb, surely no one is!

Furthermore, I don't actually believe that the SEC has been involved in GLBSE. GLBSE is based in the United Kingdom, and they are outside of the SEC's jurisdiction. They would be governed under the rules of the UK's Financial Services Authority, but in all honesty I don't think they are involved either. I think that it's most likely a taxation issue of some kind, although no one knows at this stage.

Also, I think a more effective opening statement to Ryan's family would be to state the monetary value of what he's stolen (ie what? $25000?)
That'll make them sit up and take notice.

I'd imagine so. Until you actually explain what Bitcoin is, and how it is supposed to be worth $25k.

I think you might get an answer along the lines of:

"I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound like it could be worth any money, and if anyone does pay that type of money for "Bitcoins" then they are an idiot. Thank you and goodbye."

Honestly, how would you explain what Bitcoin is and how their son has stolen coins worth $25k to someone who had never heard of it before? You think they're just going to take your word for it without fully understanding what it is?

"Yes they are a decentralized peer to peer irreversible, anonymous crypto-currency invented by a mysterious japanese guy who no one has heard of before, or since. They are worth nothing to anyone other than a very small number of computer geeks who seem willing to pay good money for them. They have no practical use that is legal. No business accepts them except one guy sold some beef jerky once and a restaurant in NYC used to take them but in practice it usually wasn't possible to pay with them."

Honestly, any sane person would tell you to fuck off. And I like Bitcoin, I think it is a neat idea, a fun gamble, and I currently hold roughly 5000 of them, but do you have any idea how stupid it sounds to everyone else in the entire world? And you want to phone up some guys parents and tell them that their son stole $25k worth of meaningless (to them), thin air Autism kroners?

If you think any regular person is going to take that phone call seriously, think again.

If something is intangible, non-physical, has no practical use, is unrecognized as a real thing by a court of law, can only be sold to a very small pool of people, and isn't money, then most people would have no problem writing it off as nothing of value. For a lot of people it would be written off as nothing at all, just incomprehensible nonsense.

Let's not forget, the SEC is reading these boards, thanks to the data mining here they probably have his details as is, but it'd be better to make family contact  Wink

Again, you fundamentally misunderstand the role of the SEC. If you think they are going to have an interest in an Australian teenager who tricked foolish people out of their Bitcoins, you are sadly mistaken.

And no, I wasn't enough of a blatant retard to give this scammer any coin, I just think that he should be hung upside down by his testicles until he pays everyone back  Smiley

I don't condone scamming, but c'mon, this is Bitcoin. It's the wild west of currency. People need to learn that they can't run to the government to help them when they lose their coins. But people CAN run to the government if someone tries to be violent, harass someone's family, or otherwise apply that same lawlessness to another situation. If you lose your coins, they are gone. That is Bitcoin. That is the whole point of Bitcoin. If you want government protection, there are lots of government backed currencies. Why not use one of them?
CharlieContent

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 11:55:57 AM

Referring to my last post, that's hardy surprising. Just been looking through all your previous global posts. 80% of them contain abuse, swearing, anger etc.. towards other members. Hope you didn't talk to your business customers in that fashion. What's wrong with you?

Haha what do you mean it's hardly surprising? It's hardly surprising that after a year of looking after my newborn baby I went back to my well paid job as planned? Yes, I agree. I wasn't surprised either. I wasn't even writing for pocket money, man. I was offering cut price services on a very small scale to try and help Bitcoin businesses. I was then spending the coins directly on other people's products to help spin the wheels of the Bitcoin economy.

You talk as if my foul mouth ruined my amazing plan to build a business writing for Bitcoiners, when in fact all I was trying to do was keep my brain active while my child was napping and do my little bit to grow the Bitcoin economy.

You've just made yourself look like an idiot who is trying to smugly comment on a post he clearly didn't read and a situation he clearly didn't understand.

But even though it was just a little hobby, of course I didn't talk to customers or potential customers like this. I reserve this tone for mouth breathing, knuckle dragging, thick skulled evolutionary throwbacks like yourself.

I took a gamble with 20 coins. I lost. I knew the risks. That's the way it goes. (shrug)
20 coins is expensive??? But even if they were, you have no idea what I got them for? I might of received them for nearly free, which would mean I've lost nothing. On the other hand I might of paid $30 for them, which would mean I've lost a lot.

I have to admit some people on here (not just including you CharlieContent) never cease to amaze me.

If you are so happy go lucky about it, why are you in this thread speculating about the kid, talking to me, and getting all haughty and pathetically trying to insult me when I point out the stupidity of your actions? If this was really such a casual gamble for you then we wouldn't be conversing right now.

Despite the clearly vast intelligence differential, we do have one thing in common: people on here never cease to amaze me either. Smiley
squall1066
Legendary

Activity: 2016

www.bitcointalk.club

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:03:55 PM

Back OT, Any updates? following this story, Hoping for a happy ending

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
◥◤
◢◣
JOIN THE CLUB !
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄

Bitrated user: squall1066.
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 01:42:13 AM

there is already a happy ending; just ask ryan how happy he is right now.
Shadow383

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 01:46:21 AM

About as happy as you are with all the coin you made by helping to perpetuate pirate's ponzi scheme?
payb.tc

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 01:47:55 AM

About as happy as you are with all the coin you made by helping to perpetuate pirate's ponzi scheme?

no, much much happier than that.
Shadow383

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 01:49:52 AM

But why? By all accounts he successfully stole far less money than you Wink
payb.tc

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 02:09:27 AM

all accounts?

in which part of the planet does 1200 BTC equal less than 0 BTC?
squall1066
Legendary

www.bitcointalk.club

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 10:17:26 AM

Unless something sinister has happened that you cant say here.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
◥◤
◢◣
JOIN THE CLUB !
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄

Shadow383

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 12:24:57 AM

all accounts?

in which part of the planet does 1200 BTC equal less than 0 BTC?

Probably on the same planet that your epic profits from the bitcoinmax ponzi feeder-fund weren't being effectively stolen from the fresh meat you brought into the scam.
You took away a lot more than RR did.
dextryn

Activity: 198

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 03:14:29 PM

Probably on the same planet that your epic profits from the bitcoinmax ponzi feeder-fund weren't being effectively stolen from the fresh meat you brought into the scam.

Stop trolling the thread with your butt-hurt Pirate pass through blame shifting.  If you invested in it, it was your decision and your risk.  You can't blame that on anyone but yourself.  If you didn't invest, stay on topic please and don't hijack.  If you can't do that just GTFO.
Shadow383

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 03:32:19 PM

Stop trolling the thread with your butt-hurt Pirate pass through blame shifting.  If you invested in it, it was your decision and your risk.  You can't blame that on anyone but yourself.  If you didn't invest, stay on topic please and don't hijack.  If you can't do that just GTFO.
I was never invested in pay.btc's ponzi pass-through.
However, I'd be a hypocrite to criticise RR for operating the same scam, when we have someone with even larger profits stolen from investors present.

Whatever though, I'll stay out of it - my one recommendation is that someone goes after this guy, since you now have his home address for a start.
dextryn

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 04:09:16 PM

My one recommendation is that someone goes after this guy, since you now have his home address for a start.

I would agree, although I don't think there's complete confirmation of where he is now.  There was a rumor going around that he was in California....
IveBeenBit

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 05:06:47 PM

I would agree, although I don't think there's complete confirmation of where he is now.  There was a rumor going around that he was in California....

There's strong evidence showing that he's in Australia. There's also strong evidence linking him to fellow scammer Nick Kureghian (NCKrazze), who lives in Los Angeles. So far, Ryan's creditors haven't been able to figure out how it all ties together, if at all.
squall1066
Legendary

www.bitcointalk.club

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 05:26:32 PM

I would agree, although I don't think there's complete confirmation of where he is now.  There was a rumor going around that he was in California....

There's strong evidence showing that he's in Australia. There's also strong evidence linking him to fellow scammer (EDITED OUT) who lives in Los Angeles. So far, Ryan's creditors haven't been able to figure out how it all ties together, if at all.

Well, Is there anyone near either location? So we can start narrowing this down?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
◥◤
◢◣
JOIN THE CLUB !
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄

Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1008

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 05:58:43 PM

However, I'd be a hypocrite to criticise RR for operating the same scam, when we have someone with even larger profits stolen from investors present.

dextryn

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 06:28:47 PM

I may have access to the LA area.  I'd love to drop off some flowers or a nice gift.  Possibly have a chat over tea.
Shadow383

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 06:55:47 PM

I see no advantage. Bitcoin Max has worked great for me so far.

I'll just be here... Admiring my coins... That I didn't give away to scam artists  Wink
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1008

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 07:20:21 PM

I'll just be here... Admiring my coins... That I didn't give away to scam artists  Wink

Bring up evidence that payb.tc is a scammer. He stole no single coin from anyone.

Edit: You don't know how much I took out. In the end it's me admiring my coins ha ha ha

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.