Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VirWoX SLL method - Bypass Risk API  (Read 6722 times)
sc00bysnax (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 07:51:05 AM

So I have a question about this.

Everyone who knows about this method probably knows about the Risk API they put in the game to protect against scamming/fraud which honestly doesn't make any sense too me because its just another way to exchange currency and don't see the potential for abuse. So if you know why its even there please enlighten me.

Anyways, I was wondering if there was any way you can send second life linden dollars from a second life account without using the game client too VirWoX or any where else for that matter.

Because I know when you log in too second life on there website your L$ balance shows up and you can still buy merchandise from the games website so it made me wonder if you could possibly send L$ from the website too?

Second life says play the game for 30 days and you should be able too transfer linden without being flagged. I had an account that was over 2 years old and after trading roughly 8000 linden which was close too about 5 bitcoins, I got flagged.

I dont understand why VirWoX advertises this method because advertising it is like saying we welcome new SLL-BTC traders when you have to be an average second life player to even use the feature without getting cut off, let alone just start up an account and help it out. I mean, wouldnt getting rid of the API make just buying linden and trading it do-able too the average person only increasing the already flourishing SLL BTC exchange market for both Linden Labs and VirWoX?

Oh well, I know im missing something thats exploitable because it wouldnt be there if it wasnt. Perhaps its charge backs too Linden Labs? Thats the only thing I can think of but if you could possibly verify your card info to Linden Labs through second life? I dont know.

Hopefully someone will shed some light and answer that for me! In the meantime thanks for reading!

Have a good one!

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 11:39:57 PM

For those of who have never done any Lindens to BTC before, can you give a little more information? Briefly, what was the old way and what did they change?

If you can buy Lindens with a CC or Paypal and buy BTC, it seems like the Linden exchanger would have the same widespread Paypal and CC fraud problems that BTC exchanges who attempted to accept those methods did.

fbastage

Activity: 367
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:37:29 PM

The truth is that the Risk API just provides a simple return value to the customer (Virwox) which the customer can disregard, ignore, override, etc.

Virwox willfully blocks people based on the API result, regardless of how old your account is on Virwox or how old your Second Life account is.  They patently deceive people in their FAQ about this, and when confronted with this, they spin spin spin.

As if their horrible fees weren't bad enough, this is enough reason to avoid Virwox at all costs.

From Linden Labs (via email):
There is nothing wrong with your account. You are authorized to trade on the Linden Exchange provided by Second Life. However, the third-party exchange is permitted to decline a transaction with your account, especially if your account is shown to share risk factors with other accounts that have been problematic in the past. As you already have a zero balance, you might consider adding a valid form of payment to your SL account and making at least a small transaction on the LindeX to improve your risk status.

From Virwox Support (via email):
Of course, we are free to accept that risk (that's what [Linden Labs] say below), but we won't.
eliale

Activity: 838
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 08:37:40 AM

We do have Linden Lab Risk API as well, The Rock is the only Exchange, aside Virwox, dealing with Lindens/bitcoins.

Problem is that, even though Linden Labs declares that everything is fine, they maintain absolute and irrevocable power to seize exchange funds regardless the excuses or reason you may have….

It is up to the exchange to take the chance or not with the customer at its own risk.

For any other information you may contact The Rock at: info@therocktrading.com

Thank you

PS: our commissions starts at 1% !

keewee
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 05:56:49 AM

Just to add my 2 cents worth to this, you can simply email VirWox support and request an increase in your limit. I have done this myself and they were accommodating, although they did suggest that I buy my Lindens off them directly.

1keewee2vRp63UWvPBynT55ZYw6SUCKDB
keewee
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 06:04:01 AM

And this sounds very interesting! That's a quarter of what VirWox charge for small trades

1keewee2vRp63UWvPBynT55ZYw6SUCKDB
eliale

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 06:09:04 AM

And this sounds very interesting! That's a quarter of what VirWox charge for small trades

Yes, and we do also allow fractional Bitcoins trades.

umop3plsdn

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 06:42:26 PM

I wish I had seen this before I started dealing with virwox! you will be my next destination for sure!
eliale

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 08:24:37 PM

Thank you!

hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 10:04:23 PM

for straight USD -> SLL -> BTC or BTC -> SLL -> USD you do NOT need a 2ndlife user!

check this tutorial: http://www.scribd.com/doc/110005258/Buy-Bitcoin-via-Paypal-Paysafecard-Credit-Card-Ukash
jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2012, 10:10:46 PM

I've been trying to do this now for ages and just keep getting blocked on the risk API. I login every few months trying. Tried rock and virvox, both blocked. grr...

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
hamdi

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 12:09:28 AM

remove your second-life avatar from the account, or make a new account and follow my guide
paci

Activity: 500

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 08:39:17 AM

I've been trying to do this now for ages and just keep getting blocked on the risk API. I login every few months trying. Tried rock and virvox, both blocked. grr...

jago,

try to contact us at info@therocktrading.com ... we may be able to help you in depositing Lindens
at TheRock. Risk API gives a "no-go" to 99% of Second Life users, so sometimes we may accept the risk
of accepting Lindens from particular avatars, even if they don't pass Risk API (which, btw, doesn't
mean that the avatar is 100% safe, either).

/paci

https://www.therocktrading.com - Bitcoin exchange since 2011 - BTC/LTC/ETH/ZEC/PPC/XRP/EUR - SEPA
MarvinGay

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:12:52 PM

i have just baught btc of virwox like i have many times this time it takes 48 hours so i complained and the support basicly told me fo f#$% off and were really rude so i dont want to use them anymore
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: