Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:32:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO .. Cheeky F.........s! Be careful.  (Read 918 times)
aalborg (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:05:17 AM

These guys have just pissed me off. I had 1.2 LTC there, which they won't let me withdraw.

I did not set up 2 factor authentication, but they had a mobile ńumber from me, and obviously decided to set it up on my behalf.

The mobile was a PAYG, and is long gone.

Now I am expected to jump through hoops for my 1.2 LTC fortune. Nobody there even bothers to answer why I suddenly have 2 factor authentication, I just get the already written response ... blah blah 2 days, additional docs, etc.

I am not playing their ǵame, but serious point is watch these guys. Losing 2 dollars means nothing, but I got scammed by Gox, and for more than that.

Also, I have noticed they have ceased to make it easy to use the profit calculator for mining with bought GHZ (if it still exists).

Glad to have got that off my chest.

I'd never use these guys again. And they can stick my 1.2 LTC up their collective ass as far as i am concerned.

bitparadise

Activity: 206

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:14:29 AM

Your thread  belongs to scam acussation not in services.
aalborg (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:17:29 AM

I have no evidence that I am being scammed, so it belongs here.
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:18:36 AM

it's not a scam it's just shady business practice which they are known for anyway imnsho.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
aalborg (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:25:18 AM

it's not a scam it's just shady business practice which they are known for anyway imnsho.

Yes, I agree. It could be a scam of course, but there is no reason to say it is scam because at best, I can only speculate whether they are following Gox, or just chancers maximising profits during a time when making profits in bitcoin or altcoin mining is not at all easy.

As far as I know, I can get my paltry 1.2 LTC back, after spending a few hours of my time dancing to their new tune.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 06:59:54 AM

That 1.2 LTC was worth almost $60 not too long ago.

Anyway, I doubt CEX.IO is a scam. They're one of the oldest and biggest cloud mining companies (although I guess Mt. Gox was the oldest and biggest exchange too until it went down). Last time I heard, they switched off their miners due to the falling BTC price. Are they back in business now?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: