Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:51:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Those hodling >10btc since last ath  (Read 4575 times)
ravenjt

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:09:20 PM

You are people who have been fleeced by superior people, who will inheret the Earth.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:15:36 PM

I would not spend 50% of my money on something, but once I can buy this with less than 20% of my holdings I will pay the owner bitcoins for it:

Would you actually buy it? Or would you say: I'll wait until I can get it for 5%.

My guess is these are more fun before the age of 90.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:26:24 PM

I currently only have about 40 bitcoins.... I need at least 6 figures (purchasing power in terms of dollar in today's value), so I don't plan to sell until it's at least $2K/btc or above. And if I go down the drain before that, then so be it.

I'll probably sell 10 @ $2K... and see how quickly we go up if there happens to be another sharp rally. I don't think the volatility will disappear anytime soon so despite being in the longest bear market in bitcoin history, I still think there is a good chance for another rally/bubble when the time is right.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 12:11:35 AM

I am not giving any coins away for less than $10,000. If the ship sinks, then so be it.

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 04:38:27 AM

I would sell 10% of my coins at some dollar amount over 2k. I wouldn't consider selling up to 50% unless they are somewhere north of 5k.

However, the next bubble will take all of our breath away. There just aren't enough coins to divide up amongst all the people that will try and buy one.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 04:47:45 AM

I would sell 10% of my coins at some dollar amount over 2k. I wouldn't consider selling up to 50% unless they are somewhere north of 5k.

However, the next bubble will take all of our breath away. There just aren't enough coins to divide up amongst all the people that will try and buy one.

If you keep telling yourself that long enough then one time it might become true. Hopium is one hell of a drug.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:19:36 AM

At what price point do you hope to cash out at least 50% of your btc?

It'll be around $1.4million per BTC before I've sold half of what I currently have. Provided there is still any point hedging against BTC failure.

When do you expect that happen? isnt that insanely unrealistic?
If its 1.4 per coin, indeed there will be no point hedging against BTC. Would rather be rich in BTC than in some fiat.

I don't *expect* it, sorry if my post was misleading! just a hypothetical scenario Wink 

However, OTH. If you take all 21m BTC at $1.4m each and divide it by *all* the people thats $4200 each.

Ah, but not everyone will have BTC you say! OK lets discard ~6bn people. The remaining ~1bn now have ~$30k each.

Insanely unrealistic?... Curious things numbers!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:21:08 AM

If you keep telling yourself that long enough then one time it might become true. Hopium is one hell of a drug.

Not half as bad as not taking your Justincaseium medicine Smiley

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:28:54 AM

At what price point do you hope to cash out at least 50% of your btc?

At $20 per satoshi.  Grin

Reasonable price.
Bagatell

Activity: 722

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:43:22 AM

I would not spend 50% of my money on something, but once I can buy this with less than 20% of my holdings I will pay the owner bitcoins for it:

Would you actually buy it? Or would you say: I'll wait until I can get it for 5%.

My guess is these are more fun before the age of 90.

And he'll need the other 80% to keep it afloat and live the lifestyle that goes with it. I plan to hire one for the couple of weeks a year I'll want it for.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:50:42 AM

My whole idea is to get rid of fiat as fast as possible.  Put it into hard goods and some into investments.  So, no point in cashing out BTC for fiat.  I want to get rid of failing fiat not get more of it right now.   Helps to have no debt at all Tongue

This is the way to go.
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:33:05 PM

somewhere in the $10k - $100k range

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: