Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:07:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moscow-Based Security Firm Reveals What May Be The Biggest NSA "Backdoor Exploit  (Read 3040 times)
Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 08:37:13 AM

What does this bode for your mythical online/ crypto anonymity ? hmmm ?

Story #2 --> http://youtu.be/L8eO5BYHop8

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-16/moscow-based-security-firm-reveals-what-may-be-biggest-nsa-backdoor-exploit-ever

Stifler

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:28:16 AM

I really hope the NSA is brought to justice on these allegations if true. How can they get away with this. I suppose people could have their coins stolen by rouge agents so it does effect bitcoiners and it's something we shouldnt have to worry about.

The thing with malware within the firmware of hard drives is a big problem and that you can't detect them.

That they even infiltrate/attack hospitals is morally disgusting.

They don't care. They obviously just have a sickeningly perverse desire to know and attempt to control everything.

Not to be confused with the user sifter Tongue.
cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:46:20 AM

Basically if installed in every device, a lot of lawsuits worldwide + bad publicity would destroy any big hardware producer. Thats why I believe it is only in targeted devices delivered for the one investigated
easycryptonet

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 10:01:19 AM

back to pen and paper guys :/
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:04:02 AM

Seems to be getting worse:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/19/nsa-gchq-sim-card-billions-cellphones-hacking

"American and British spies hacked into the world’s largest sim card manufacturer in a move that gave them unfettered access to billions of cellphones around the globe and looks set to spark another international row into overreach by espionage agencies.

The National Security Agency (NSA) and its British equivalent GCHQ hacked into Gemalto, a Netherlands sim card manufacturer, stealing encryption keys that allowed them to secretly monitor both voice calls and data, according to documents newly released by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden!.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 11:18:04 AM

If anonymity is important to you stay away from computers and phones and use cash, end of story.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4498

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 11:47:31 AM

if you think this is new news then i guess you missed the fact that project ECHELON has been around since before most people were even born.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
f2000

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 11:56:38 AM

What worries me is that people dont seem to care about about their privacy. Frightening stuff, thanks for the posting links hippie/keyscore44.
buyandhold

Activity: 231
Merit: 43

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:05:18 PM

http://qntra.net/2015/02/your-disk-controller-and-you/

20:48:27 ascii_field: great sim heist << transparent nsa smokescreen. gsm uses toy crypto since day one (usg mandate) and has always been breakable with minimal effort.

20:48:44 ascii_field: ergo this is not why they stole the keys (assuming the snowden document is genuine)

20:49:45 ascii_field: the press, rancid mixture of stooges and useful idiots, help to push the implication that 'now we can switch to keys that have not yet been stolen, and no more interception'
MJK

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:17:14 PM

If anonymity is important to you stay away from computers and phones and use cash, end of story.

But this is not the way it should be. Clearly this is a MASSIVE breach of privacy and is downright illegal. If a citizen hacked into these companies or the government they'd get sent to jail for a very long time. People really need to be up in arms about this illegal behavior and abuses of power because where does it stop? This is far worse than what Orwell ever envisioned.
Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 01:09:21 PM

Is that an Obomba phone up your ass ?

f2000

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:04:14 PM

Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 02:13:50 PM

Hippie Tech Sanction # 666

Obomba will not be allowed to have his name spelled correctly. Tongue

Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 12:21:39 AM

if you think this is new news then i guess you missed the fact that project ECHELON has been around since before most people were even born.

While this is true, the HDD firmware/spyware scam has slammed and sealed that coffin shut.

Toss in a wireless transmitter and your cold storage is ... well .. you know.

monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 12:30:10 AM

Hard to believe at least some NSA employees haven't plundered some big btc wallets.  If they all managed to resist the urge it'd go against the entire history of human behavior.
Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 12:48:27 AM

Hard to believe at least some NSA employees haven't plundered some big btc wallets.  If they all managed to resist the urge it'd go against the entire history of human behavior.

These people are paid to grope children and go out of their way to fuck with people's lives.

There is little doubt in my mind that some/many hold the firmware's digital keys.

In other words, ANYTHING is possible.

juju

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 01:46:29 AM

My bus driver just told me about this an hour ago, he was telling me to check out the Intercept article on it. What the fuck was I doing all day today?Huh
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 01:51:40 AM

NSA is out of controll, i wonder what is next...
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 03:19:50 AM

Any chance to prevent this or maybe some kind of software that can detect the backdoor?

Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 03:52:12 AM

I'm calling my SSD and HDD makers on Monday morning to demand a refund and an apology !

FUCK THEM !

back to pen and paper guys :/

.. or punch cards. Grin

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: