Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:52:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying used/refurbished GPUs: Is my questionnaire complete?  (Read 1072 times)
fgervais (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 01:39:53 PM

Greets,

Both for mining and other uses I occasionally purchase used GPUs, especially if the card will be in a high-stress, low survival environment.

When ascertaining if the cards I'm looking at are worth the price/at all, I whip out this little questionnaire:
1- How old is the card?
2- Was it pulled from a system running 24/7?
3- What type of use was made of the card?
3.1- Any super stressful use like mining?
4- If known, what was the average temperature?
5- Was it left stock or modified?

Since a lot of you guys must have been doing this for longer than me, along with a test on one of my own systems, am I leaving something out?
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 01:20:46 AM

Since a lot of you guys must have been doing this for longer than me, along with a test on one of my own systems, am I leaving something out?

Yes, you forgot #6:

6.) Have you ever lied to help make a sale happen?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █