Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:26:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USER WATCH LIST  (Read 2534 times)
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 06:39:11 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2012, 03:53:50 PM by BCB

EDIT:
USER: tradebit +2
USER: 420
USER: ninipie445

UPDATE
USER TizzyTazzy repaid 30 BTC and the cash value of 36 BTC in full.
Tizzy- Thank you for the payback.  I hope that unauthorized short-term loan was worth loosing you reputation (for a second time) here.

In my many trades I've used simple verification methods to gain additional trust of the users with whom I'm trading.  Almost all comply with any authentication requests. And a small fraction of users never respond again.  In fact using this method I have traded with a number of newbies and so far have not had a problem.  In fact the only time I have been scammed on this site are by two longer Standing Users.

TheBitMan
Position:   Hero Member
Date Registered:   June 11, 2011, 09:56:43 PM

* $50.00 - paypal reversal  (repayment pending getting a job/loan!)

TizzyTazzy
Position:   SCAMMER (prior to the Scammer tag he had a Sr. Level)
Date Registered:   March 07, 2012, 03:14:09 AM

* After previous trades and PM's about other potential Trades, I sent TizzyTazzy 66 BTC first and he disappeared.  After applying some pressure he has apologized and has since repaid 30 of 66 btc and has promised the replay the balance today.  (it also turned out that TizzyTazzy was also known as the scammer LEON among other user names.  Had I know this BEFORE the trade I would not have traded with him.)

Today I've had another SKETCHY interactions with other users and instead of forgetting about this and moving on I though it might be in the best interest of the boards to post here so:

1.  Other users who might not use verification can trade with caution.
2.  Mods or Admins can watch for multiple username from the same ip.

I think users can be removed from this list after a successful trade.

And if this is a bad idea please just delete the post.  

Also admins please move to the appropriate thread if necessary.

EDIT: if a user prefers anonymity and chooses not to authentic/trade that's not my concern.  However any users trying to authenticate with sketchy credentials will be posted here.

Thanks.

BCB
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 10:29:26 PM

you know there is already a scammer thread right?
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 10:45:51 PM

See that's the thing.  I don't know that this user is a scammer, and this user has not scammed me.  The point is we see a lot of newbee trolls coming on the boards looking for loans and trying to cash out cards and paypal and bank accounts.  I've seen this happen on more then a few occasions where they go on to scam other newbees or even regular more seasoned members.  While no transaction has occurred between this user and I, this user  has STRONGLY exhibited suspect behavior.   

Maybe I'm trying to play the bitcoin/Bitcointalk.org police and it not my place.  As I said previously maybe this thread should just be removed. 

But in an effort to create a safer trading environment I'm just saying be cautious with these users BEFORE they become scammers.

Make sense?
segabtc

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 01:45:26 AM

Sounds reasonable to me, and I am one of those newbies that BCB has asked for further verification and I had no problem giving him. I agree, anything that we can do to the trading safer so we dont get people scamming members. Trust but verify.
tarrant_01

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 12:10:14 PM

What methods do you use to verify?

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 12:42:15 PM

What methods do you use to verify?

Now that's my secret sauce!

It's 1/3 technology 1/3 psychology 1/3 instinct 

You and I have traded.  I've never verified you.  I see you have high post count.  Longer board presence and many other successful trades. My trades have gone this way with a number of other member on this board except  TizzyTazzy  who scammed me.  I sent him 66 BTC without a second thought due to our previous interaction. He took advantage of that trust for a short term gain without a thought of the long term detriment to his reputation.   So it's not full proof.  But sometimes that is the cost of doing business.

Trading is based on trust, trust that the other side of the deal will hold up their end of the bargain.  You choose who to trust and who to not trust.  If you do a dozen trades and all of them occur in a certain orderly fashion, then one comes along and there is something strange about it and your Spidey senses start tingling then you could be headed for trouble.  You make too many of those bad choices then either you run out of money or you decide to get into a safer, less risky line of work. 

Michael Hendrix who ran Coinpay very successfully until paypay shut it down wrote a great article about this.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93770.msg1036708#msg1036708

I think the biggest take-away from this post for me are:
1.  Scammers don't haggle over price - its not their money
2.  Scammers are always in a hurry.
3.  Scammers are are not repeat buyers.  They try to cash out and disappear.

Again the point of this tread is not to make accusations but to share the results of these verification techniques for the benefit of other members. Do with it what you will.   If a trader on this watch list is a  newbee who is legitimate and makes other successful trades I'll be glad to remove that user.

An no one will be placed on this list unless there is STRONG evidence of fraudulent behavior.
segabtc

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 05:41:18 AM

heheheh spidey senses
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 03:58:43 PM

See that's the thing.  I don't know that this user is a scammer, and this user has not scammed me.  The point is we see a lot of newbee trolls coming on the boards looking for loans and trying to cash out cards and paypal and bank accounts.  I've seen this happen on more then a few occasions where they go on to scam other newbees or even regular more seasoned members.  While no transaction has occurred between this user and I, this user  has STRONGLY exhibited suspect behavior.   

Maybe I'm trying to play the bitcoin/Bitcointalk.org police and it not my place.  As I said previously maybe this thread should just be removed. 

But in an effort to create a safer trading environment I'm just saying be cautious with these users BEFORE they become scammers.

Make sense?

You should be cautious with EVERYONE even if you have traded with them before. Why? You never know if that is really them at the other end of the keyboard. IMO a list like this just creates a false sense of security, and even if it was effective I guarantee you this list will just degenerate into a flame war.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 04:01:18 PM

Yes,  I agree.  Could be touchy.
tarrant_01

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:06:08 PM

Could you add them to your main post and keep them all in one spot?

BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:46:35 PM

Could you add them to your main post and keep them all in one spot?

Updates will be made to OP.  Thanks.
epiks

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 10:21:13 AM

So TizzyTazzy is okay ? I thought he used to have quite a bit of positive ratings then one day I see he has a scammer tag.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 12:11:45 PM

So TizzyTazzy is okay ? I thought he used to have quite a bit of positive ratings then one day I see he has a scammer tag.

After as week of collection efforts he did pay me back.  That's all I can say. 
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 12:29:48 PM

After as week of collection efforts he did pay me back.  That's all I can say. 

He still is a serial scammer with his other usernames and didn't pay his victims Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=29636.0
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 08:52:15 PM

Didn't know where else to put this....

user: 556j is a former customer of mine making false accusations because he is angry he didn't get the exactly exchange rate he wanted.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94821.msg1075765#msg1075765

Needless to say it is horsehit (proof posted below in the same thread)

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 04:37:49 AM

If anyone wants to trade with me to get me off this watch list I'll buy or sell BTC

13 100% positive feedback (12 5/5 and (1) 4/5 score because I was late on sending one transaction i told him about 8hrs he agreed to trade, ended up 12-16 hours or something additional or more)
https://www.bitcoinary.com/en/users/554/profile

Traded with Davincij15, probably the biggest name person on there that I have actually traded with

BCB communication: I wanted to use my business name, new paypal I have for about a month for bitcoin. eventually i gave my full name, i showed him a video of me logging into paypal and the messages i did with Davincij15 transaction of paypal for BTC from him

my original thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=100015.0

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 12:13:09 AM

Updated OP

USER: tradebit
USER: 420

why remove me?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 12:14:57 AM

Someone said they traded with you.
tarrant_01

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 10:39:17 AM

You have tradebit up there twice.

BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 05:14:51 PM

Just noticed that and realized that is the second time i've seen suspicious behavior.  First he want to buy BTC and as soon as I ask him to confirm some info he disappears.  Than a weeks or so later he PM's me asking for at 25 BTC loan.  No ideas if he's made any successful trades yet.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: