Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:13:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what's the fastest way I can purchase a large amount of bitcoins?  (Read 892 times)
Gobblertown (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 08:17:02 PM

I want to buy a decent # of bitcoins (~5000).

I've been trying to jump through the various hoops to buy some bitcoins for about a week without much success.  I opened a Dwolla account, but they restrict transfers from the bank to $5000.  It took 48 hours just to verify my bank account with them.  So I requested a transfer of $5000.  Only after 24 hours did they say that I'm not really verified, and that they can't do it unless I upload a photo id.  Not sure I want to jump through these hoops if there are going to be another ten steps which take me a month to take.

In order of priority, I want a way to buy that's

1) fast
2) private
3) low commission

What's the best way to do this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 12:03:26 AM

That will be 44750 dollars...Will that be cash or charge?  Tongue

Did you try #bitcoin-OTC? Or just open an account on one of the exchanges.

Being your first post and all, I don't see anyone handing ~5000 BTC over for some PayPal or the likes!

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 12:12:40 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2012, 01:49:37 AM by DeathAndTaxes

Tangible Cryptography LLC can supply wholesale bitcoins however our volume is  roughly 1,000 to 1,500 BTC per day so it will take a few days to handle an order of that size.  Price is @ MtGox last with no fees or slippage.  If funded by a bank wire or bank deposit you can have your first batch of coins the same day.  As a new customer you will be limited to a maximum of $5,000 on your first transaction.  We can give you a 1% discount below MtGox on subsequent purchases if part of a larger deal.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=57640

Setup GPG, import our company private key, and send us a test message.  We would be happy to discuss your options.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 12:13:15 AM

Are you in the USA? Try Bitfloor.com - using a cash deposit there might be the fastest route possible. Also the lowest exchange fees.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 12:14:35 AM

I've been trying to jump through the various hoops to buy some bitcoins for about a week without much success.  I opened a Dwolla account, but they restrict transfers from the bank to $5000.  It took 48 hours just to verify my bank account with them.  So I requested a transfer of $5000.  Only after 24 hours did they say that I'm not really verified, and that they can't do it unless I upload a photo id.  Not sure I want to jump through these hoops if there are going to be another ten steps which take me a month to take.

1) fast
2) private
3) low commission

Drive to McKinney, TX with a suitcase full of cash!
jwzguy

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 12:15:08 AM

Tangible Cryptography can supply wholesale bitcoins however our volume is ~1000 BTC per day so it will take a few days.
Priced @ MtGox last with no fee or slippage.    We would limit your first transaction to $5,000 though.   If funded by a bank wire you can have your first batch of coins the same day.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=57640

Setup GPG import our private key and send us a test message with your public key.  We would be happy to discuss your options.
D&T also provides an excellent option.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 12:23:23 AM

1) fast
2) private
3) low commission

Drive to McKinney, TX with a suitcase full of cash!

The man said with a low commission Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: