Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:09:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should members of this forum be banned for personal insults?
Yes - 24 (34.3%)
No - 31 (44.3%)
I don't care - 15 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 69

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fault of Bitcoin community  (Read 2052 times)
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 09:44:06 PM

There are a lot of topics with personal insults in recent posts here. It seems to me that Bitcoin community is moving in a wrong direction. It's considered to be normal to insult other members, these offenders don't bear responsibility and continue to do such things again and again. I vote to ban such people. If admins/moderators don't do this, then whole forum will become a big piece of shit.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheBitcoinChemist

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 09:46:16 PM

You need to grow thicker skin, or consider hitting that ignore button to the left.  You don't have a right to not be offended.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 09:49:02 PM

You need to grow thicker skin, or consider hitting that ignore button to the left.  You don't have a right to not be offended.

Personally, I ignore insults against me, coz I have my own opinion regarding myself. But I'm affraid that fault of the community will lead to fail of Bitcoin concept.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 09:53:05 PM

Personally, I ignore insults against me, coz I have my own opinion regarding myself. But I'm affraid that fault of the community will lead to fail of Bitcoin concept.

Bitcoin is bigger then bitcointalk.org

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 09:58:38 PM

But I'm affraid that fault of the community will lead to fail of Bitcoin concept.

If you really think that then Bitcoin is worthless.  If some user on some forum can cause it to fail then why would you want any money/resources/time/energy wrapped up in it.  Essentially it failed before it started if it is that easily destroyed.  Honestly not much lost if Bitcoin can be destroyed that way.

I mean it would be like saying if something isn't done about 4chan it will destroy the internet. 
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 10:02:40 PM

Free market.  Those who want a heavily moderated community are free to go and create one.  It would benefit Bitcoin enormously to have more online spaces which cater to different demographics.

Insults on a messageboard aren't going to destroy Bitcoin.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 10:04:58 PM

There are already alternate messageboard systems dedicated to Bitcoin. Go use them, but don't complain to us if you can't get the answers you need for various issues, whether technical or not. Bitcointalk has the largest concentration of actual users and technical expertise.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
unclemantis

Activity: 98

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 10:09:31 PM

Hey! Ugly!

Ya! I am talking to you! You know who you are!

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 10:22:45 PM

Hey! Ugly!

Who, me? I think you're wrong, just found one of your family pics on the internets. Which one is you?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 10:28:54 PM

There are a lot of topics with personal insults in recent posts here. It seems to me that Bitcoin community is moving in a wrong direction. It's considered to be normal to insult other members, these offenders don't bear responsibility and continue to do such things again and again. I vote to ban such people. If admins/moderators don't do this, then whole forum will become a big piece of shit.

I guess it's not a personal insult if you make your insults conditional and apply to everyone. I kinda take it personally....and so, to show you how I think personal insults should be handled, say hello to my ignore button.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
unclemantis

Activity: 98

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 11:21:14 PM

Hey! Ugly!

Who, me? I think you're wrong, just found one of your family pics on the internets. Which one is you?

Oh that's easy! The one on the...    HEY!

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 11:28:39 PM

Hey! Ugly!

Oh that's easy! The one on the...    HEY!

Damn, I just realized we took that photo after the mtgox crash last year, how could I forget? My hair looks nicer than yours though Grin

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 04:19:52 AM

Can you point to a few examples? It's hard to know what you consider a "personal insult" that would, if repeated, justify a ban.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 04:52:07 AM

There are some well known trolls and flamers in this forum. But that's what makes it so damn exciting.

It's the only reason I still even come here Cheesy.
shockD

Activity: 93

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 05:32:32 AM

Fuck you, mongoloid  Tongue
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 08:34:02 AM

Can you point to a few examples? It's hard to know what you consider a "personal insult" that would, if repeated, justify a ban.

Read topics regarding BCX and his 51% attack on LTC. U'll find a lot of examples.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 02:49:23 AM

Personal insults have nothing constructive. People should not fall to that level but I don't think it deserve a ban.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: