Bitcoin Forum
December 04, 2016, 08:21:35 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I need to re-install poclbm to see a freshly added gpu on linux?  (Read 892 times)
gigabytecoin

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 08:14:17 AM

I popped a new cpu into the last slot on my motherboard.

It broke ubuntu at first... but I boot into "rescue mode" and entered the command aticonfig --adapter=all --initial twice and it found all of the video cards (there were 5 now listed, instead of 4).

After rebooting I can only mine with the original 4 cards.

aticonfig can see the 5th card, but poclbm can't.

Any suggestions?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
grndzero

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 08:48:35 AM

I popped a new cpu into the last slot on my motherboard.

It broke ubuntu at first... but I boot into "rescue mode" and entered the command aticonfig --adapter=all --initial twice and it found all of the video cards (there were 5 now listed, instead of 4).

After rebooting I can only mine with the original 4 cards.

aticonfig can see the 5th card, but poclbm can't.

Any suggestions?

When I reinstalled my card I had some odd behavior too. I reinstalled the fglrx package so it would recompile the driver, redid the X config like you did, then ran CLinfo to make sure it was seeing all cards. That cleared it up.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.