Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing: BitLaundry -- decorrelated payment service  (Read 13520 times)
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 02:23:27 PM

From: https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=3927.msg56043#msg56043

Hmm, it comes pretty close to BitLaundry

BitLaundry Explanation
BitLaundry is designed to help unlink accounts from each other. It does that by providing a well-known, and hopefully popular service. Here's how it works:

1. Imagine that Alice wishes to send BitCoins to Bob.
   2. Bob, sadly, is not well liked. Alice would rather not have anyone know that she sent Bob BitCoins.
   3. So, Alice puts Bob's address in the form at BitLaundry.
   4. Alice gets a one-time-use address from BitLaundry.
   5. Alice sends the money to that address.
   6. BitLaundry sends money out to recipients every 30 minutes.
   7. (But, it doesn't send out Alice's money immediately, that might be suspicious..)
   8. So, a random number of 30 minute segments later, BitLaundry sends the money out to Bob.
   9. BitLaundry then deletes the database link between the one-time-use address and Bob.
  10. Alice has sent money to BitLaundry, but people do this all the time. She's one of many.
  11. BitLaundry has sent money to Bob, but BitLaundry has sent money out to a whole bunch of other people as well.
  12. Alice and Bob are much less linked than they would have been otherwise.

But as I understand it, you can track Alice by looking at the block chain and look for the amount that Bob received by BitLaundry.
Then you check which address sent this amount to BitLaundry (probably one of the one-time-use addresses from step 4) and then check which address sended that amount to the one-time-use address.
Is that correct ?

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 02:54:47 PM

Alice? Bob? Alice and Bob are out for holidays!

«Don Giovani» wants to pay of his drug stash from «El Diablo»...  Grin

But that still misses the "mule" to be a "complete pack".

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
vess (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2011, 10:01:14 PM

An update to this thread: BitLaundry and it's code are for sale. Check here: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6939.0

I'm the CEO of CoinLab (www.coinlab.com) and the Executive Director of the Bitcoin Foundation, I will identify if I'm speaking for myself or one of the organizations when I post from this account.
forgotmypassword6x

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 03:24:45 AM

This is the wrong way to do things.  The right way is to do it P2P, TOR-style.  Have n people rendezvous via TOR and together construct a transaction that takes as input, $X from each of them, and outputs $X-trans fee to n fresh bitcoin addresses.  To do this naiively, the n people would each tell each other their pairs (old addr, freshaddr), put them together in a transaction (randomize the order of outputs relative to order of inputs), and then all sign.  However, this is bad because you have told the other people that your new addr is linked to your old one.  The correct way is to use secure multiparty computation to generate the transaction in such a way that, in the end, all parties only learn the entire transaction (NOT which new addr corresponds to which old one).
Furthermore, if any subset of k the n people collude to break the others' anonymity, the best they can do is know that
the n-k output addresses not owned by them came from the n-k input addresses not known by them, but nothing more.
vess (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2011, 11:32:09 PM

Final update: I sold BitLaundry to Mike Gogulski. He's in charge now.

I'm the CEO of CoinLab (www.coinlab.com) and the Executive Director of the Bitcoin Foundation, I will identify if I'm speaking for myself or one of the organizations when I post from this account.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: