Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:03:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Armory 0.93.1 Official Release  (Read 16555 times)
SlidingAndSlamming

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:29:12 AM

FWIW, twice I've gotten the BDM error shown above, I reran Armory, doing the rebuild&rescan and it finished OK.
I'm on Armory 0.93 and Bitcoin Core 0.10.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
solitude

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:47:29 AM

Can we get an Armory Dev to confirm the BDM error is common and if a fix is in the works?

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
matsumoto_iyo

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:42:53 AM

Can you please provide the previous version of Armory?

I have installed a fresh copy of Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS without it ever touching the internet and attempted to transfer the new armory_0.93_offline_ubuntu_12.04-64.tar.gz bundle via usb key and begin the installation as instructed but its just giving me these countless errors.

It doesn't work.

Errors were encountered while processing:
dpkg-sig
libqt4-designer:amd64
libqt4-help:amd64
libqt4-scripttools:amd64
python-qt4
python-twisted
armory

I mean, how can you update all these dependencies if your cold machine can't touch the net??

If I get a copy of the previous Armory releases, maybe these dependency errors won't show up.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:18:43 AM

[...]

I mean, how can you update all these dependencies if your cold machine can't touch the net??

[...]

An approach using Synaptic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=777625.0

I'm unsure if it is included in a standard Ubuntu 14.04.2, though. You might to have to get it (and maybe dependencies) on your own.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/synaptic

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
solitude

Activity: 674

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:42:47 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 11:11:14 PM by solitude

This release is total fucking bug-filled trash.  The devs have shifted their focus from the common bitcoiner to the corporate "enterprise" cocksuckers.  They know where the money is.

I can't even get this piece of shit to synchronize.  bitcoind.exe crashing, BDM errors, what a pile of shit.

The "devs" in the forum tell you to create tickets on their site but the tickets just go ignored, and I'm assuming your email address gets collected and sold.

RIP in Peace Armory, it's time to move on to other Bitcoin clients.

Quote from Alan Reiner, owner/creator of Armory:

We have shifted much of our focus temporarily to the enterprise software and services where we’ve seen demand soaring, primarily due to a lack of enterprise options. And Armory is uniquely positioned to satisfy that demand — which also comes with revenue which is always good for sustaining a business!

source: http://bitcoinsinireland.com/an-interview-with-armory-technologies-ceo-alan-reiner/

In other words they couldn't give a fuck about the average joe who just wants a secure bitcoin solution.

They'd rather have some unscrupulous shit-eating company give them tons of money, before claiming they've been hacked and running off with everyones coins. 

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:00:18 PM

The devs have shifted their focus from the common bitcoiner to the corporate "enterprise" cocksuckers.  They know where the money is.

You mean there's more money to be made from paying enterprise cocksuckers than there is to be made from freeloaders ? Bitcoin core is free and in beta, armory is free and in beta - roll back to 0.92 and chill. Armory 0.93 beta is far more stable than electrum 2.03beta (which is due for RTM release this week)
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

This release is total fucking bug-filled trash.  The devs have shifted their focus from the common bitcoiner to the corporate "enterprise" cocksuckers.  They know where the money is.

I can't even get this piece of shit to synchronize.  bitcoind.exe crashing, BDM errors, what a pile of shit.

The "devs" in the forum tell you to create tickets on their site but the tickets just go ignored, and I'm assuming your email address gets collected and sold.

1) Stop posting in 3 different threads. Pick one, or make one and stick to it. Stop spreading yourself so thin, I can't track posts all over the place and I'm not motivated to keep trying for very long.

2) We don't care for your email one second. Make a throw away account for this very purpose if you are afraid we would sell your address. This is how little we care for it.

3) Get me log files. I don't care how you do it. I always suggest using the dedicated support channel because there is some information in the logs that a few people don't feel comfortable sharing on a public forum. I don't care about your particular circumstances more than the next user. Edit the private info if you want, or don't, post it on pastebin, or copy paste it here, or make a ticket, whatever works. If you don't get me log files, I can't help you.

4) This is your last chance. Give me the information I need or don't expect to get any support from us anymore. That's what you get for throwing a tantrum instead of actually giving me log files.

P.S: bitcoind.exe failing is usually a sign of a damaged Core DB. Start BitcoinQt manually, it will probably ask you to reindex blocks. Once that is done, try a rescan and rebuild in Armory again.

doug_armory

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

Senior Developer - Armory

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 12:02:49 AM

This release is total fucking bug-filled trash.  The devs have shifted their focus from the common bitcoiner to the corporate "enterprise" cocksuckers.  They know where the money is.

I can't even get this piece of shit to synchronize.  bitcoind.exe crashing, BDM errors, what a pile of shit.

Quote from Alan Reiner, owner/creator of Armory:

We have shifted much of our focus temporarily to the enterprise software and services where we’ve seen demand soaring, primarily due to a lack of enterprise options. And Armory is uniquely positioned to satisfy that demand — which also comes with revenue which is always good for sustaining a business!

source: http://bitcoinsinireland.com/an-interview-with-armory-technologies-ceo-alan-reiner/

In other words they couldn't give a fuck about the average joe who just wants a secure bitcoin solution.

They'd rather have some unscrupulous shit-eating company give them tons of money, before claiming they've been hacked and running off with everyones coins.  

While I wouldn't necessarily phrase things quite like goatpig, I basically agree with him. We do care about our users, no matter who they are. We also need proper information in order to investigate reported issues. If users cooperate, we'll do our best. We have a lot of things to balance and may occasionally need a reminder, yes, but we do care.

FYI, we transitioned our support software recently. Maybe something somehow slipped through the cracks. Maybe somebody just hasn't gotten a chance to look at it yet. I don't know, as I haven't touched the new system yet. I do know that you're not being intentionally ignored. We're trying our best to play the long game, which means making people happy and doing our best to create solid software. (Ignoring huge bugs and selling email addresses for peanuts to Nigerian scammers isn't exactly the best way to build a reputation.) It also means we're juggling a lot of tasks, some of which are, arguably, not even tasks we should be taking on, like providing support for free software.

As for working with enterprise customers, well, what exactly is the reasonable alternative? Keep asking people for donations and hope that enough come in? This is no longer a project Alan's working on in his free time, and we can't just ask deep-pocketed early adopters to give us money out of the kindness of their hearts. It would be nice, yes, but it's not a viable long-term solution.

The enterprise pivot doesn't mean free users are second-tier chumps. For various reasons, I'm confident that a free version of Armory will always be around and will be supported on one level or another. Will I guarantee it on the souls of my forefathers? No, as Armory is not my business to run. However, there are loads of reasons why a free, up-to-date version makes sense. We may occasionally pivot, as Alan said. That doesn't mean free users will still be stuck on 0.93 in 2018 while we're sitting on our stacks of 100s and polishing 4.0 for our enterprise customers.

Respect is a two-way street. If users cooperate and get us the information we need, I promise we'll do our best to help them out, even if it sometimes seems like we're ignoring them. If users want to throw rage-filled tantrums over free software, well, there's not much we can do for them.

Senior Developer -  Armory Technologies, Inc.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 07:01:14 AM

I'm glad armory might be getting paid business. Armory #1

Armory has been absolutely solid

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:42:16 PM

I'm glad armory might be getting paid business. Armory #1

Armory has been absolutely solid

I agree with you. I love and support Armory!

senoirdean

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:29:28 PM

BDM Error here also. Rebuilding DB. Im guessing Id have to uninstall Armory to roll it back then import backup? Man this sucks I was really glad to see how much faster Armory started up with new version.
rszibele

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:17:59 AM

Armory 0.93 does not work for me, I though it was due to Armory being on a fuse NTFS partition on Debian (thread), but even on an ext4 partition it fails to sync and also fails at building the database Undecided.

This is the only error that seems relevant:
Code:
2015-02-26 09:46 (ERROR) -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/media/disk0/Armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 7038, in method_signal
    method()
  File "/media/disk0/Armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 2473, in proceedOnceBitcoindIsReady
    self.loadBlockchainIfNecessary()
  File "/media/disk0/Armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 2525, in loadBlockchainIfNecessary
    TheBDM.goOnline()
  File "/media/disk0/Armory/armoryengine/BDM.py", line 148, in inner
    return func(*newArgs, **kwargs)
  File "/media/disk0/Armory/armoryengine/BDM.py", line 251, in goOnline
    self.bdmThread.setConfig(self.bdmConfig())
  File "/media/disk0/Armory/armoryengine/BDM.py", line 148, in inner
    return func(*newArgs, **kwargs)
  File "/media/disk0/Armory/armoryengine/BDM.py", line 339, in bdmConfig
    bdmConfig.blkFileLocation = blockdir
  File "/media/disk0/Armory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 2067, in <lambda>
    __setattr__ = lambda self, name, value: _swig_setattr(self, BlockDataManagerConfig, name, value)
  File "/media/disk0/Armory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 45, in _swig_setattr
    return _swig_setattr_nondynamic(self,class_type,name,value,0)
  File "/media/disk0/Armory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 38, in _swig_setattr_nondynamic
    if method: return method(self,value)
TypeError: in method 'BlockDataManagerConfig_blkFileLocation_set', argument 2 of type 'string const &'

I tried Armory 0.93 with the latest Bitcoin-core and also the previous Bitcoin-core, and it fails to sync and build the database with both of them.

As others have suggested, I will try the old Armory 0.92.3 with the previous Bitcoin-core.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:45:42 PM

Armory 0.93 does not work for me, I though it was due to Armory being on a fuse NTFS partition on Debian (thread), but even on an ext4 partition it fails to sync and also fails at building the database Undecided.

Force your bitcoin folder with --satoshi-datadir, the path auto detect is failing somehow.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:21:53 PM

Regarding the BDM errors, I've seen them happen a few time now, and the pattern is they occur when starting up Armory after it hasn't been running for ~1 week, with bitcoind running constantly in the background (not under Armory's control).
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:28:25 PM

Also your master branch as of 25248a752364afa91b4701f5b28b203ecd8364f2 doesn't build:

Code:
make -C cppForSwig
make[1]: Entering directory 'redacted/src/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig'
g++  -Icryptopp -Imdb -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -std=c++11 -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c UniversalTimer.cpp
g++  -Icryptopp -Imdb -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -std=c++11 -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c BinaryData.cpp
g++  -Icryptopp -Imdb -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -std=c++11 -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c lmdb_wrapper.cpp
g++  -Icryptopp -Imdb -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -std=c++11 -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c StoredBlockObj.cpp
g++  -Icryptopp -Imdb -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -std=c++11 -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c BtcUtils.cpp
lmdb_wrapper.cpp: In member function ‘bool LMDBBlockDatabase::getStoredTx_byHash(BinaryDataRef, StoredTx*, BinaryData*) const’:
lmdb_wrapper.cpp:2627:54: error: invalid initialization of non-const reference of type ‘BinaryData&’ from an rvalue of type ‘BinaryData’
       BinaryData& gettxhash = getTxHashForLdbKey(hint);
                                                      ^
g++  -Icryptopp -Imdb -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -std=c++11 -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c BlockObj.cpp
Makefile:87: recipe for target 'lmdb_wrapper.o' failed
make[1]: *** [lmdb_wrapper.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: Leaving directory 'redacted/src/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig'
Makefile:9: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 04:08:58 PM

I just noticed all the transaction inputs are the same multisig address for all my transactions

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:21:53 PM

Also your master branch as of 25248a752364afa91b4701f5b28b203ecd8364f2 doesn't build:

This commit is in dev, and dev is unstable currently. I was stopped halfway through a big change to go after the BDM error issue.

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:24:48 PM

I just noticed all the transaction inputs are the same multisig address for all my transactions

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919202.msg10416464#msg10416464

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 04:35:19 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919202.msg10416464#msg10416464

Thanks I thought everyone magically switched to multisig but wondered why their change wasn't

justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 05:43:50 PM

This commit is in dev, and dev is unstable currently.
Oops - somehow my local repo ended up with confusing upstream tracking branches.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: