Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:07:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Armory 0.93.1 Official Release  (Read 16555 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:22:53 PM

yep, answered my own question:  Dependency is not satisfiable:  libstdc++6(>4.7)

Did you try the GCC 4.7 workaround I posted? It works for me, at least on the 64-bit build. Should work for 32-bit too. In any event, we are working on a permanent fix.

i'll wait.  no rush.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 03:49:37 AM

Windows 32bit  Huh

Searinox

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

Do you like fire? I'm full of it.

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 07:15:41 PM

This issue continues to exist.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:13:26 AM

Just got a pop-up in Armory for 0.93.1... so are the issues fixed?

I was just about to post a message about this.

We believe we've resolved a bulk of the issues.  It's not perfect, but most of the issues were related to a database issue that has been resolved.  Please try it and let us know.

has the dependency fix for Ubuntu 12.04, 32 bit been implemented?

I don't think so. A more permanent fix is about to enter the testing phase. Until then, a workaround is discussed here if you want to give it a try. It worked for me when I gave it a try a few days ago.

it's actually the online version that is giving me the dependency error.

It should work for both versions.

EDIT: Derrrrrrrrp. Was conflating two issues. Sorry about that. Online 32-bit is still busted no matter which OS you use. What I posted should work for 32-bit offline and 64-bit online setups.

ok, getting frustrated now.   my online 0.92.3 online totally stopped working on 12.04, 32 bit.

when are we going to get that dependency required i've been asking about?
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 03:16:51 AM

We believe we've resolved a bulk of the issues.  It's not perfect, but most of the issues were related to a database issue that has been resolved.  Please try it and let us know.

I don't think so. A more permanent fix is about to enter the testing phase. Until then, a workaround is discussed here if you want to give it a try. It worked for me when I gave it a try a few days ago.

EDIT: Derrrrrrrrp. Was conflating two issues. Sorry about that. Online 32-bit is still busted no matter which OS you use. What I posted should work for 32-bit offline and 64-bit online setups.

ok, getting frustrated now.   my online 0.92.3 online totally stopped working on 12.04, 32 bit.

12.04 and 32-bit are both broken (for different reasons) in 0.93+.  You will have no choice but to use 0.92.3.  We should have a testing version of 0.94 soon which will work on 32-bit (Linux and Windows), but 12.04 still won't work yet.  Unfortunately, it's more than "a missing dependency".  We're working on a solution, but it's requiring a reworking of the build and packaging system

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:45:39 AM

12.04 and 32-bit are both broken (for different reasons) in 0.93+.  You will have no choice but to use 0.92.3.  We should have a testing version of 0.94 soon which will work on 32-bit (Linux and Windows), but 12.04 still won't work yet.  Unfortunately, it's more than "a missing dependency".  We're working on a solution, but it's requiring a reworking of the build and packaging system

i'm getting this in the Armory Dashboard:

There was an error starting the underlying Bitcoin engine. This should not normally happen. Usually it occurs when you have been using Bitcoin-Qt prior to using Armory, especially if you have upgraded or downgraded Bitcoin-Qt recently. Output from bitcoind:
StdErr:

bitcoind: ./db/dbformat.h:99: leveldb::Slice leveldb::ExtractUserKey(const leveldb::Slice&): Assertion `internal_key.size() >= 8' failed.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:20:57 PM

i'm getting this in the Armory Dashboard:

There was an error starting the underlying Bitcoin engine. This should not normally happen. Usually it occurs when you have been using Bitcoin-Qt prior to using Armory, especially if you have upgraded or downgraded Bitcoin-Qt recently. Output from bitcoind:
StdErr:

bitcoind: ./db/dbformat.h:99: leveldb::Slice leveldb::ExtractUserKey(const leveldb::Slice&): Assertion `internal_key.size() >= 8' failed.

Start BitcoinQt manually and see what it has to say for itself. Most likely it's DB is corrupt and it will ask to reindex the blockchain.

themann00

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 01:44:18 PM

Missing BTC? Unconfirmed? Sweeping my keys?

A while back (2013 apparently) I setup an Armory offline wallet setup. It was pretty slick. Had a netbook that had never been online, yadda yadda yadda.
Well, I ended up hating it, because Armory always takes 19 years to sync back up if you don't run it constantly, so it was not convenient to move stuff in and out of. I messed with electrum a little- was going to go that route, and then decided to go with one of the commercial hardware wallet solutions.

Before I did that, and got things moved, Armory did some kind of update, I couldn't get my online and offline versions to play nicely together, and I ended up having to recover my wallet to my online PC to access my funds. The recovery worked- and I had everything there I was expecting. In early March of this year, a friend who owns an IT company had a client that needed help with one of the cryptolocker viruses. We sent 3 bitcoins to the company, and the files unlocked. But this is where I'm confused about my balance. It's 3 bitcoin short. This is my entire recovered wallet-- it was at 16.77ish bitcoins at the begining of March. Then I sent 3.0001 bitcoins. The incoming .35ish is probably change from an address?

The transaction itself is not confirmed for some reason, and my balance (also not confirmed) is off by 3 bitcoins from what I think it should be. It's showing about 10.77. Should be 13.77BTC.

http://imgur.com/5vCVr9I

So when I get my hardware device today- what is the BEST method to sweep my keys or whatever I need to do to ensure I've got each and every bitcoin I'm expecting, especially the missing 3BTC.

Thanks for your help.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:18:20 PM

Recovering your Armory backup gets all of your coins back. Maybe you had coins on two different wallets? If you want you can dump all private keys, but that will take too much time and do pretty much the same thing...

BTW, this version of Armory can be considered obsolete. Next time create a new thread Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: