Bitcoin Forum
January 16, 2018, 01:49:34 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US bank wire to bitcoin (amazon associates)  (Read 2005 times)
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708

nmc:id/phelix

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 09:19:26 AM

Hi!

is there a way to buy bitcoins by wire transfer? MtGox does not allow it at the moment.

To be more specific, I would like to exchange my payments from amazon associates to bitcoins. I can direct the payments to a US bank account. Otherwise I would have to go by cheque whiche really sucks.

Any ideas?

blockchained.com ■ bitcointalk top posts

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toffoo

Activity: 403

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 03:30:10 PM

Hi there,

Yes, there are several reputable traders in the #bitcoin-otc IRC channel who will sell you Bitcoins with payment by bank wire transfer.  I myself have done several of these types of trades.  The advantage of a wire transfer is that it is fast and secure, the disadvantage is the high fees.  Generally, both the sender and receiver of a bank wire transfer will be charged $15-$45 fees from both banks.  Since bank wire are a bit out of the ordinary in OTC Bitcoin trading, the guy requesting it will generally be responsible for covering both fees, but if you are in a hurry it might work for you.

Are you sure that Amazon Associates want to pay you by wire transfer?  Are you sure you don't mean direct deposit/ACH xfer?  That is a different thing, which goes slower, usually 3-5 days to clear, but usually incurs no fee to receive.

The trouble you may run into there is that Amazon may not do a direct deposit to an account that is not in your name.  There may also be tax issues.

It sounds to me you're asking about this because you do not have a U.S. bank account.  If you do, simply direct deposit from Amazon and then send the cash to Mt.Gox with Dwolla.

For more info on OTC Bitcoin trading, see http://bitcoin-otc.com

Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 03:35:20 PM

I can do this, PM for info. No fees on my end, though sending still likely incurs some.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708

nmc:id/phelix

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 08:03:59 PM

Hi there,

Yes, there are several reputable traders in the #bitcoin-otc IRC channel who will sell you Bitcoins with payment by bank wire transfer.  I myself have done several of these types of trades.  The advantage of a wire transfer is that it is fast and secure, the disadvantage is the high fees.  Generally, both the sender and receiver of a bank wire transfer will be charged $15-$45 fees from both banks.  Since bank wire are a bit out of the ordinary in OTC Bitcoin trading, the guy requesting it will generally be responsible for covering both fees, but if you are in a hurry it might work for you.

Are you sure that Amazon Associates want to pay you by wire transfer?  Are you sure you don't mean direct deposit/ACH xfer?  That is a different thing, which goes slower, usually 3-5 days to clear, but usually incurs no fee to receive.

The trouble you may run into there is that Amazon may not do a direct deposit to an account that is not in your name.  There may also be tax issues.

It sounds to me you're asking about this because you do not have a U.S. bank account.  If you do, simply direct deposit from Amazon and then send the cash to Mt.Gox with Dwolla.

For more info on OTC Bitcoin trading, see http://bitcoin-otc.com

yes you are right. I meant direct deposit and not having a U.S. bank account is the problem. I will try with dwolla.

+1 and selected answer =)

thank you for the offer. I will contact you if it does not work the other way.

I can do this, PM for info. No fees on my end, though sending still likely incurs some.

blockchained.com ■ bitcointalk top posts
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.