Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:13:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Western Union - How does it work ?  (Read 1583 times)
Madness (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 06:39:11 PM

Hi,
You may call be dumb , but I simply don't know how Western Union works to be honest since I never dealt with it . I couldn't use even if I wanted to since I got my ID recently (Im young) .

So an example is Google Adsense , if Google Adsense send me using Western Union , is it Digital ?? or Western Union is basically some kind of a bank? so transfer works like a bank , If yes do I need to have an account to receive money from someone ?
Let's say Google Adsense gave me the informations needed (tracking number or whatever) , and I go to a Western Union agent , how he will know how much google sent me ? do they have some sort of Database or something ?
Please explain as much as you can . (I checked their website but didn't understand much to be honest)

~ Madness

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:15:36 PM

Hi,
You may call be dumb , but I simply don't know how Western Union works to be honest since I never dealt with it . I couldn't use even if I wanted to since I got my ID recently (Im young) .

So an example is Google Adsense , if Google Adsense send me using Western Union , is it Digital ?? or Western Union is basically some kind of a bank? so transfer works like a bank , If yes do I need to have an account to receive money from someone ?
Let's say Google Adsense gave me the informations needed (tracking number or whatever) , and I go to a Western Union agent , how he will know how much google sent me ? do they have some sort of Database or something ?
Please explain as much as you can . (I checked their website but didn't understand much to be honest)

~ Madness

It's a cash transfer agency where you walk in with transfer numbers and ID and receive cash (unless you're a business and have an agreement to have it deposited to your account). Sometimes there's just a test question/answer you give and get the cash without ID depending where you live.

It's expensive, they want piles of ID and "proof of income" sometimes, there's also limits on transfers, plus everything you receive is reported to IRS and your local government so if you conveniently forget to report your $10k worth of Adsense income for that year they will have a record of payments.

In some countries this is the best way to get adsense payments though, bank wire fees are crazy

coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:23:12 PM

Traditional Western Union works through branch offices (sometimes postal office or banks). You need an ID to receive money. But now WU also works online so you maybe are able to hook it up with your bank/credit card.

Madness (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 12:15:59 PM

The agent will check where how much Google sent me ? do have some kind of Database or something ? also from where he will Withraw the money ? I mean they should have certain amount on their offices , or do they have ATM's or something ? Shocked

~ Madness

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 12:23:52 PM

It's basically works like this.

You go to a Western-Union outlet and tell them you want to send money to someone, let's say overseas. They give you a form, you fill it up, add your ID and pay the amount you want to send + the fees. And in return they give you a MTCN code. (Money Transfer Control Number )

Then you call the person and give him/her the MTCN code. He/she walks to their local Western-Union outlet, presents the code and their ID and they give them the cash.

The agent will check where how much Google sent me ? do have some kind of Database or something ? also from where he will Withraw the money ? I mean they should have certain amount on their offices , or do they have ATM's or something ? Shocked

~ Madness

Yes, the agent will check how much money was transferred to you and give you cash or check if that is what you prefer. They don't have ATMs.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Madness (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 12:26:41 PM

You go to a Western-Union outlet and tell them you want to send money to someone, let's say overseas. They give you a form, you fill it up, add your ID and pay the amount you want to send + the fees. And in return they give you a MTCN code. (Money Transfer Control Number )

Then you call the person and give him/her the MTCN code. He/she walks to their local Western-Union outlet, presents the code and their ID and they give them the cash.

Yeah but that's the problem , how they will give that person the cash that I sent , I'am pretty sure they are not going to send Physical cash via mail (in Western Union , right ? ) , so Is it Digital ? does the agent have an ATM on his office ? and also how he know how much someone sent the money ? this is what I can't seem to understand .

~ Madness

twister

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 12:28:26 PM

Yeah but that's the problem , how they will give that person the cash that I sent , I'am pretty sure they are not going to send Physical cash via mail (in Western Union , right ? ) , so Is it Digital ? does the agent have an ATM on his office ? and also how he know how much someone sent the money ? this is what I can't seem to understand .

~ Madness

No the person has to go to their office to collect cash. When they enter the MTCN number in their computer, they find out how much money is sent.

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Madness (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 12:29:40 PM

~ Madness

No the person has to go to their office to collect cash. When they enter the MTCN number in their computer, they find out how much money is sent.

ok so the Western Union have some kind of Database on his PC or whatever . and now from where the Western Union agent make the money come out from ? Do he have an ATM or something ? .

~ Madness

readysalted89

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:32:34 PM

I heard about the Nigerian prince scammers sending people emails saying they are due a massive payout, but must send a processing fee by Western-Union first. How come they never get busted if they have to give ID to receive the money? They obviously think they can continue scamming and never be caught by using Western-Union.
twister

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 12:36:02 PM

ok so the Western Union have some kind of Database on his PC or whatever . and now from where the Western Union agent make the money come out from ? Do he have an ATM or something ? .

~ Madness

Yes they have their agent account and they log in to their database to know this. Agent pays the money, they have to keep the cash available and agent receives the cash and their commission from Western-Union in their account within 3 business days.

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Madness (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 12:39:21 PM

~ Madness

Yes they have their agent account and they log in to their database to know this. Agent pays the money, they have to keep the cash available and agent receives the cash and their commission from Western-Union in their account within 3 business days.

I got it . Thank you so much for your help .
and I'am also sorry if I'am too dumb . but it's simply because I never used Western Union before , I like to keep things simple by using all digital and don't have to come out home but since I'am willing to start using Adsense then I should start using it . ty again

~ Madness

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: