Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:29:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unsure about my obligations, regulations, and taxes......  (Read 2837 times)
Big_Ideas (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:05:52 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2015, 08:16:05 PM by Big_Ideas

Hello all I'm a long time lurker but now have a few questions as I am attempting to build a website.

***Please note by escrow service/broker I mean that I would provide a platform for buyers to find sellers and collect commission on the final sales.***  In the U.S as well

If I were to act as a broker/escrow service matching buyers and sellers much like eBay would I need any sort of identity verification to accept Bitcoin payments from buyers?

One the reverse side would I need to verify any identity information to transfer those funds to the seller at the end of the transaction?

When acting in such a capacity would the sellers be considered self employed or independent contractors and be responsible for applicable taxes or would I need to deduct these at POS? Obviously I would be responsible for the taxes on my commission received.

If such a service were to accept fiat OR BTC and pay it's sellers in BTC what regulations might you currently run into? Do AML/KYC laws apply here?

I know this is a bundle of questions that aren't very easily answered but any ideas or leads you could point me to would be greatly appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ashwell John

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:00:22 AM

You throw a bunch of question. please be specify.

krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:04:24 AM

It is alot of questions and I'll try to answer all.

If I were to act as a broker/escrow service matching buyers and sellers much like eBay would I need any sort of identity verification to accept Bitcoin payments from buyers?

No, you only need a Bitcoin address.

One the reverse side would I need to verify any identity information to transfer those funds to the seller at the end of the transaction?
There is not such thing as verify of ID when you pay with Bitcoin.
It's digital, not like bank payment.

When acting in such a capacity would the sellers be considered self employed or independent contractors and be responsible for applicable taxes or would I need to deduct these at POS? Obviously I would be responsible for the taxes on my commission received.
I am unsure if I understand you here, but there are no taxes.

If such a service were to accept fiat OR BTC and pay it's sellers in BTC what regulations might you currently run into? Do AML/KYC laws apply here?

As far by now, still none. If I'm wrong someone who knows better will correct me.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██