Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:30:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AWS VPS services for bitcoins  (Read 2395 times)
jurov (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 08:12:37 PM

I'm researching interest for reselling Amazon Web Services EC2 instances (VPS) for BTC. Compared to other VPS providers AWS is exceedingly DoS-resistant (*) and stable. If there is interest, I will develop simple automatic management interface.

For 0.45 BTC I am offering:

"t2.micro" instance prepaid for 12 months
1 GB RAM, 1 CPU
8 GB permanent storage
1GB/mo outgoing bandwidth, unlimited incoming bandwidth
Access to firewall configuration
Linux distributions to choose: Amazon Linux/CentOS, Debian, RedHat, Fedora, SuSE, Ubuntu

Bigger instances, additional storage, other distributions (or Windows) or other services (like S3 storage) can be had, ask me. Trusted bitcointalk members can have complete AWS sub-account with access to their own AWS web management console and full suite of AWS services. In all cases, you'll pay in front and get USD credit according to current BTCUSD rate*1.5. From this credit, usage will be deducted monthly using published AWS rates.

Accounts violating AWS ToS or uncooperative when resolving any abuse reports will be terminated without refunds. If unsure, just explain to me what you plan to use it for.

(*) if the attack isn't aimed at ports you have opened to the world, of course.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jurov (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 10:25:06 PM

bump  Wink
coffy

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:44:39 AM

is that free plan? Grin
vmww

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:19:35 AM

references?
jurov (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 12:57:22 PM

is that free plan? Grin
Having too many accounts with same card/phone number with free plan would be too risky. Can be perhaps arranged with trusted members.

references?

I am running on AWS: coinbr.com since 2012 without incident and recently also thebitcoin.foundation and Bitcoin source browser.
josef2000

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 05:30:59 PM

Only one gb Ram and one core cpu for 0.45 btc for 12 months?
Well in my opinion it is overpriced. There a alot more websites that sell it for cheaper

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
jurov (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 09:02:55 PM

Only one gb Ram and one core cpu for 0.45 btc for 12 months?
Well in my opinion it is overpriced. There a alot more websites that sell it for cheaper
Of course, anyone can claim any specs and sell them for any price. But usually something has to give, like reliability.

This offer is for people who want AWS reliability and can't use credit cards or have other obstacles. Some people already actively asked me to provide it.

There are vast possibilities to tune the parameters. For example, one can have spot instances that may be suddenly stopped and restarted only several days later (as AWS decides to shed the load), but would cost only about fifth of the price, if anyone is interested.
thestringpuller

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:15:07 PM

Jurov is extremely flexible for services provided, and extremely helpful. I've been a customer for a long time, and his customer service continues to amaze.

For people wanting AWS for BTC, this is the offer to go. He was originally only offering to L2 people.
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:50:21 AM

I needed similar service during Maxcoin launch, with Nvidia powered VPS you could get some nice results with solo mining when only available pool was DDossed, but frankly, I wouldn't pay for whole year in advance thru 3rd party seller - risk of scam is too big, month-to-month all the way.

jurov (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 05:20:45 PM

I needed similar service during Maxcoin launch, with Nvidia powered VPS you could get some nice results with solo mining when only available pool was DDossed, but frankly, I wouldn't pay for whole year in advance thru 3rd party seller - risk of scam is too big, month-to-month all the way.
Consider that only an example, one month in advance is possible.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 05:23:12 PM

So the only "supporter" is another "newbie account" (with an activity count of 22).

That doesn't look good at all.

If you are "legit" then stop being anonymous and show us who you are.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
barabeku

Activity: 568
Merit: 100

umachit.fund

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:52:40 AM

Are you selling aws account?
i need an active account.

jurov (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 07:02:29 PM

So the only "supporter" is another "newbie account" (with an activity count of 22).

That doesn't look good at all.

If you are "legit" then stop being anonymous and show us who you are.
I'll update my information, thx for reminder. Here are some basics from my blog: http://explo.yt/pages/About

I have old account here: rini17 you can also check. I wanted to have same handle everywhere, but haven't bothered to annoy thermos to change it, I just made (perhaps not very wise decision, but whatever) a new one.
jurov (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 12:43:58 PM

Bump
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: