Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:02:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sealand - turned into BitcoinLand?  (Read 1953 times)
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 11:08:45 PM

Yeah, I'd have absolutely no interest in moving to this place as there's pretty much nothing to it and the modes of transportation to and from just aren't ideal. Plus, it's not like you can have a garden or anything plus the self-entertainment factor is pretty boring.

Also, that link about Ver and passport purchasing is no longer a reality for the St. Kitts island but I was definitely interested in that until I heard it was no longer a possibility.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:26:55 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2015, 11:51:37 PM by BADecker

Actually, we should keep our eyes open for a bunch of different place to start a "Bitcoinland." We could be a worldwide federated group of Bitcoinland States. We could have our Bitcoin address as identification, and under a new form of Bitcoin client that is still in the works, have total anonymity with regard to our business transactions. Can't wait.

Luxembourg and Lichtenstein are two small countries that depend on financial favorability to clients for their livelihood. Think of all the people who would be drawn to our Bitcoinland States with Bitcoin anonymity. We might even wind up ruling the world... ruling in freedom of course.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:36:15 PM

Maybe we should convince Greece to become a Bitcoin economy.

Greece can't even convince itself to be a functioning fiat economy...

it's impossible to have a functioning fiat economy. eco 101 it's by design.

Notwithstanding the hundreds of functioning fiat economies on the planet, of course.

look at the history of fiat miscreant (how many ccy have fallen to 0), a tool to enslave the faithful and believers, those that will put Love over anything. Good, life is short. I apologize with all my Heart to you flsf. Sincerely.

edit; why are you on bitcointalk? to promote fiat? You don't have even a position in it... I mean how many B do you move hourly? you don't understand what I wrote, I know... learn humility first, then you can be aggressive as hell, but only if it's hell. And it is.

And one of the biggest cause are those mothers and fathers spreading children like cakes for their future income... it ain't possible in a round planet. MARK THOSE WORDS. (and I am not a fiat fan Cheesy).

You're making the mistake of me taking issue with your poor logic skills and worthless conclusions to be a defense of fiat. I'm merely pointing out the obviously false conclusions you're peddling as meritless. For example, you said "it's impossible to have a functioning fiat economy." I pointed out there are hundreds of functioning fiat economies. You responded with that in the history of the world, some have failed, as if that proved your point. It doesn't. In order to prove your point, there would literally have to be zero functioning fiat economies. The fact that there are hundreds proves you wrong. If you can't understand the difference between having a bad point, that's on you mate. I'm sorry for you.

As for being a defender of fiat, the thing I find most amusing is the most rabid btc supporters think that if fiat fails, btc won't. But btc only has value because it's convertible into fiat. I love btc just fine, but it has no value without fiat because it's use is extremely limited in the real world. All the major merchants who accept btc convert it to fiat immediately because they have no interest in holding btc because it has no value for them, they only offer it as an avenue to bring in the fringe customer who might want to pay with it. Maybe in the future that will change. But the people who were buying btc in 2013 that sent it over $1200 weren't buying because they were believers in btc, they were chasing the bubble because they thought it would make them fiat rich. Now that the bubble has popped, you're left with people like you and me. One of us believes btc will be the secret to surviving the next financial crisis. One of us is just interested in the technology and doesn't assign fantasy superpowers to something that isn't a reliable currency. If you think hard enough, you might be able to figure out which is which.

for the thief, stealing is functioning.

Actually, we should keep our eyes open for a bunch of different place to start a "Bitcoinland." We could be a worldwide federated group of Bitcoinland States. We could have our Bitdoin address as identification, and under a new form of Bitcoin client that is still in the works, have total anonymity with regard to our business transactions. Can't wait.

Luxembourg and Lichtenstein are two small countries that depend on financial favorability to clients for their livelihood. Think of all the people who would be drawn to our Bitcoinland States with Bitcoin anonymity. We might even wind up ruling the world... ruling in freedom of course.

Smiley

and end up with an economy full thieves, murderers, pimps and consorts.

money is faster...
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:46:29 PM

Actually, we should keep our eyes open for a bunch of different place to start a "Bitcoinland." We could be a worldwide federated group of Bitcoinland States. We could have our Bitdoin address as identification, and under a new form of Bitcoin client that is still in the works, have total anonymity with regard to our business transactions. Can't wait.

Smiley

There's gotta be a point that we can start getting better than the government and banks that we have now.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:52:10 PM

Smiley

There's gotta be a point that we can start getting better than the government and banks that we have now.

Smiley

no as long as the new Christian church (and the like), will say they can repent, don't hurt them, they are innocents etc etc... they are playing their game, they are their backers. the priest and the chief... the spirit (deceit, lies) and the flesh (backed by violence) working for the soulless (I didn't say more). Once upon a time what I just wrote would have been considered as self evident... why did it change? Remember in ROME they crucified a Kid from Bethlehem... and then burn Girls that were smart and independent, invaded the new world, enslaved the people there, destroyed their culture and way of life... but now, it's about making us as docile as sheep... why... ahhh I know... it must be about the Children... Smiley (I fake smile here).

money is faster...
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 09:19:15 PM

Sealand is a joke, for sure. They used to issue passports that you could buy, just for the novelty of it. But in order for something like a kickstarter to work, you'd have to build an island essentially in international waters, because all the current land is claimed by some nation or another. And building an island is kind of cost prohibitive.An interesting idea though, if only to think about.

I'm afraid you can't even do that, since the only way available today to build an island would be to use shallow waters in the ocean. To my knowledge (I would be happy to be mistaken on that part), shallow waters are not considered as international waters (read no man's waters) and obviously belong to some state.

tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:28:51 PM

In the summer of 2014 the Island of Jersey (the largest of the Channel Islands under the British Crown) had announced that it would become home to the first ever regulated Bitcoin fund. The fund had been certified by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. The Treasury Minister for Jersey said back then that

Our infrastructure of world-class financial services and digital expertise gives us the tools to be an early leader in the field. Innovation will be central to Jersey’s future prosperity. We are keen to support local businesses by helping to create a well-regulated and responsive environment for investment in the sector

More info could be found here.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:01:35 AM

Smiley

Smiley

no as long as the new Christian church (and the like), will say they can repent, don't hurt them, they are innocents etc etc... they are playing their game, they are their backers. the priest and the chief... the spirit (deceit, lies) and the flesh (backed by violence) working for the soulless (I didn't say more). Once upon a time what I just wrote would have been considered as self evident... why did it change? Remember in ROME they crucified a Kid from Bethlehem... and then burn Girls that were smart and independent, invaded the new world, enslaved the people there, destroyed their culture and way of life... but now, it's about making us as docile as sheep... why... ahhh I know... it must be about the Children... Smiley (I fake smile here).

What is "repent?" Repent means change. Even if the change comes and the there is repentance of the repentance - meaning that the person becomes bad again - there is only so much repenting that a person can do before he understands that his repentance is fraudulent, and that he has not really repented. He is not a Christian, though he might be one in name.

The real question is, is anyone else different? Maybe not. But if we like the "system" so much, why do we even have Bitcoin? Let's do what Counterparty and Ethereum are doing, and what Mastercoin/The Omni Layer are trying to do. That is, let's apply certain aspects of Bitcoin-style protocol to everything to drop criminality to a minimum.

Money and governments as they exist have been getting away with literal murder for too long, now. And it is in the name of money. Something new might be worse. But there's a chance it'll be a lot better. Let's try.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:07:12 AM

In the summer of 2014 the Island of Jersey (the largest of the Channel Islands under the British Crown) had announced that it would become home to the first ever regulated Bitcoin fund.

I think most of us would like a Bitcoin fund that is regulated like Bitcoin is, by the mathematical programming protocol in the program itself, that nobody can manipulate.

Remember, regulation isn't regulation of anything. It is only regulation of the people. People want freedom because the regulators often turn out to be worse than the common criminals among the people. Freedom, not regulation.

Smiley

tee-rex

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:48:20 PM

In the summer of 2014 the Island of Jersey (the largest of the Channel Islands under the British Crown) had announced that it would become home to the first ever regulated Bitcoin fund.

I think most of us would like a Bitcoin fund that is regulated like Bitcoin is, by the mathematical programming protocol in the program itself, that nobody can manipulate.

Remember, regulation isn't regulation of anything. It is only regulation of the people. People want freedom because the regulators often turn out to be worse than the common criminals among the people. Freedom, not regulation.

I think under "first ever regulated Bitcoin fund" they actually meant that it had been officially registered, i.e. not operating secretly or illegally.
tee-rex

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 05:51:10 PM

I saw a document about Sealand. That platform is in a state of decay, they could use some cash to restore it and maybe rebuild so it doesn't look like one of those abandoned Russian military bases Cheesy I wonder why they didn't turn to Bitcoin earlier.

They needed cash, I guess.

Regarding building an artificial island and establishing a Bitcoin state there, the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea states that "artificial islands, installations and structures do not possess the status of islands. They have no territorial sea of their own, and their presence does not affect the delimitation of the territorial sea, the exclusive economic zone or the continental shelf".
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:20:14 AM

For me Sealand is far too small to accommodate millions of Bitcoiners. The total area of the Principality of Sealand is just 2.5 hectares (i.e 25,000 sq.m).
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:02:03 AM

Naaa...

Too small to help with anything.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 08:36:48 AM

For me Sealand is far too small to accommodate millions of Bitcoiners. The total area of the Principality of Sealand is just 2.5 hectares (i.e 25,000 sq.m).

If people genuinely want to create a Bitcoin friendly state, the best thing to do would be to pick out a small country that isn't landlocked and work from there, contact the finance minister and offer investments etc.
tee-rex

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:28:02 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 10:17:35 AM by tee-rex

If people genuinely want to create a Bitcoin friendly state, the best thing to do would be to pick out a small country that isn't landlocked and work from there, contact the finance minister and offer investments etc.

I don't think this will work out good in the long haul, you will most likely just pour your money down the drain. As to me, the only viable and reliable way is to make a revolution or run a coup and seize power.

See Ukraine.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:09:44 AM

There are a lot of options. Jersey, Alderney, Dominica, Monaco, Nauru.....

But I am not sure whether the finance ministers of any of these nations will be interested in Bitcoin.  Huh
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 10:16:53 AM

That's part of the problem, it's convincing them, I never said it would be easy Cheesy
Mr Tea

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:09:08 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 11:52:52 AM by Mr Tea

Smiley

These utopia's never work though the fantasy of them is nice. Have your seen or read The Beach book/film? That's what usually happens.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:30:36 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 06:02:36 PM by BADecker

Smiley

These utopia's never work though the fantasy of them is nice. Have your seen or read The Beach book/film? That's what usually happens.

Nobody is talking about an utopia. What we are talking about is something like a little addition to the Constitution, that should have been placed there from its inception, that would say something like, "When the population of the United States reaches 100,000,000, or when the date of January 1, 1900, rolls around, all contracts between the United States Government and common people shall be cancelled in every way. No further contracts between them shall exist in which the people shall be held to any wrongdoing except if a human being clearly harms another human being, or if he clearly damages the property of another human being. There will be no prison time except where the harm or damage is excessive. Punishment for such wrongdoing will never exceed double the replacement of the harm or damage done."

In fact, if we added this to the Constitution as an amendment right now, and included that all prison inmates should be released if it can be shown that, at their trial, there was no harm to another human being or damage to his property done by that inmate, we wouldn't have need of a Bitcoinland or Bitcoin Island.

The United States would become near utopia.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: