Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:15:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Investments this Year 2015  (Read 2947 times)
jailee (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 02:44:13 AM

This year I have decided to try and invest what I can in cryptocurrency that I think may have a real future, one just as solid or more solid than Bitcoin. I missed my opportunity for a great early investment in Bitcoin. I believe in Bitcoin and always will, but there are other alternatives and technologies that present the possibility of a great early investment like the one I missed with Bitcoin. Now, I believe the following three technologies to be good for purchase and holding.

Ripple
NXT
Stellar

My main focus will be to aquire and hold as much of each currency as possible as I believe these are three game changing companies that will bring the concept of cryptocurrency and the ability to use it to the general masses across the globe.

Some side project investments will be in Horizon and some of the coins in the SuperNet, like Vericoin.

Tell me why my main three investments are good and rate how good of a choice they are. If you dont agree with these three investments, tell me why and what would be better.
 Im not really interested in junk coins, pump and dump, or your opinion on the coin youre trying to pump because you hold some. Im interested in sound advise and conversation maybe some speculation and hope. I plan to hold all currency for 5 - 10 yrs depending.

Lets see what you got to say........

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jailee (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 03:25:28 AM

Ripple's the second best full confirmation time.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them be the first to beat BTC in total market capitalization by total supply.

NXT has an impressive product offering.

If they could improve their Proof-of-Stake algorithm, a rebound in market capitalization by total supply wouldn't surprise me.

So by that do you mean that you can see Ripple being worth $200-$300?

jailee (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 03:40:44 AM

I can definitely see that.

Anyone else have some more input into this? Would you invest in these three? How much? Why? Why not?
strimbello

Activity: 37
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:16:53 AM

I agree with your list here. Already have some RIPPLE and NXT and will buy more in 2015 for sure, for the same reason you do. I'm not convinced of Stellar tbh, but NXT and RIPPLE will surely rise when their implementation and features start to catch on.

Ripple is really working togething with the banking industry (which is also a reason for concern) but their main strenght is their network of course.

NXT has the overhand when it comes to features (assets, voting system, monetary system and so on...) onlu pity that so few online shops accept it for now, ... but then again they're only been online for one year and a bit, so no surprise.

In 2019, the NXT will have evolved fully and we're going to live in a world where cryptocurrencies found a way to be as fast, easy and secure as fiat currencies, with the extra of being more reliable and less prone to 'printing money' by the governements.  It's just the next step, we went from cassette tapes over CD's to MP3 in 10 years... we'll evolve from paper money, over debet cards to crypto in the next decade.
vince232

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:10:53 PM

Anyone else have some more input into this? Would you invest in these three? How much? Why? Why not?

Highly unlikely that ripple will reach 200 to 300 usd. Correct me if im wrong but i think ripple have 30+ billion coins out there. You should factor supply and demand.  Nxt also have a billion coins. I think it is safe to assume that btc is has the highest demand but it is priced at 240usd. If ripple is to become as succesful as btc and have 3billion usd market cap.  It would only be priced at 0.1 usd
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:40:06 PM

Highly unlikely that ripple will reach 200 to 300 usd. Correct me if im wrong but i think ripple have 30+ billion coins out there. You should factor supply and demand.  Nxt also have a billion coins. I think it is safe to assume that btc is has the highest demand but it is priced at 240usd. If ripple is to become as succesful as btc and have 3billion usd market cap.  It would only be priced at 0.1 usd
yes you're right ripple would never be traded at $200. the reason is because it's centralized(ripple labs/founders have shit loads of ripples in their wallet) and the coin supply is high as vince232 said.
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:46:54 PM

30+ bil in circulation, 100bil in total. It s unlikely ripple will be worth more than 1$ ever.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:58:02 PM

Stellar is still in it's early stages, much potential for growth.

Which projects have you checked ?   I would keep an eye on Maidsafe Peercoin Storj Omni/Mastercoin Factom Blackcoin Ethereum
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 01:01:50 PM

Well, Ripple has like 32 Billion coins out (max. about 100 Billion) so one coin isn´t likely to be worth much in dollar terms any time soon. Still, if the price went to 0.0004 or so BTC it would pretty much match the market capitalization of Bitcoin.

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 01:04:46 PM

Bitcoin success will destroy Ripple.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 01:26:18 PM

Bitcoin success will destroy Ripple.

I don´t know a thing about Ripple and for all I know it may be the best thing ever in crypto but what would be the purpose of its MASSIVE coin issuance ? When you have billions upon billions floating it takes pretty heavy demand to move the thing up by even a fraction of a US cent.

ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:21:05 PM

banks are done with where will it leave ripple?

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:37:33 PM

What about Stellar?
I think it is an interesting choice to invest
hrbt
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:43:21 PM

the best investment now is XBS

BISTAKE platform and coin #XBS  with their innovation will be next BTC of future

Price will go 1000x up when platform will be fully operational Smiley

Not scam, no ipo, great dev and team, they release everything leet and working 

Check it out for yourself.

Read more:

https://twitter.com/BitStake

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=920272.0
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:54:09 PM

Jesus.. really? XBS?  Roll Eyes

Let me guess.. they are all anonymous, right ?
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:13:34 PM

i think stellar it's first choice to invest . you see , after giveaway increasing difficult . so the price to da moon .   Grin
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:28:52 PM

all complicated crapcoins who won't be going further to be used than the techy crypto involved person.
vince232

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:31:37 PM

uno would be a nice bet for long term. large community. 250k coins max. slowly going up. january it was at i think 0.008. then slowly went up to 0.029 then a dump happened went back to 0.009 now it is slowly going back to 0.02 give it more time and i think it will grow. visit it's page for more info. also dark coin but it is now at 0.01-0.015. it was at 0.006 2-3 weeks ago. i think Drk would be a better investment than LTC
robrigo

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:52:29 PM

Disclosure: I am 100% in BitShares.

All this talk about what Ripple can do... why not go with a decentralized autonomous corporation that can achieve the same without lopsided distribution? I'm talking about BitShares. Market pegged assets are a killer feature which will enable cryptocurrency adoption to surge in the short term view, because they are most useful while we are transitioning as a society away from fiat systems. The liquidity tokens i.e. bitUSD or another pegged asset will provide tighter spreads at large adoption than a floating XRP price.

BitShares & other DACs (Music, Play) will inevitably become as widespread Bitcoin. I am so stoked for http://peertracks.com to launch their consumer oriented music curation service at SXSW using a DAC as the settlement layer. And music is just one of the many industries that are going to have a complete paradigm shift into fairer, trust minimized, and more efficient game theoretical business models!

Other technologies to watch in 2015:

- MaidSafe
- IPFS
- Ethereum
- and of course, Bitcoin

Twitter: @robrig0

In Detroit? Want to learn more about BitShares? RSVP for the meetup! http://www.meetup.com/bitshares-worldwide/
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:26:47 AM

Disclosure: I am 100% in BitShares.

All this talk about what Ripple can do... why not go with a decentralized autonomous corporation that can achieve the same without lopsided distribution? I'm talking about BitShares. Market pegged assets are a killer feature which will enable cryptocurrency adoption to surge in the short term view, because they are most useful while we are transitioning as a society away from fiat systems. The liquidity tokens i.e. bitUSD or another pegged asset will provide tighter spreads at large adoption than a floating XRP price.

BitShares & other DACs (Music, Play) will inevitably become as widespread Bitcoin. I am so stoked for http://peertracks.com to launch their consumer oriented music curation service at SXSW using a DAC as the settlement layer. And music is just one of the many industries that are going to have a complete paradigm shift into fairer, trust minimized, and more efficient game theoretical business models!

Other technologies to watch in 2015:

- MaidSafe
- IPFS
- Ethereum
- and of course, Bitcoin

i'm sharing the same opinion about Bitshares. I really think this will become big with the help of peertracks
 Cool
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: