Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:18:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Investments this Year 2015  (Read 2947 times)
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:08:18 AM

IPFS ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advisor

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:59:35 AM

Another topic about this!  Wink
Normally I read more than I write. So i still will be a newbie next year. Grin
Best advice; Really take your time to do research!
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:32:51 AM

I investing in bitshare & maidsafe
it seems good coin which have unique features and long term road map. Strong developers team and community will be a good start for those coin to achieve success
but it's so hard to surpass bitcoin success, since bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and many users still use it
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 11:42:01 AM

Ripple
NXT
Stellar

Completely missing the big picture, big players are:
Ethereum
Bitshares
Darkcoin

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
robrigo

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:29:42 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 01:43:35 PM by robrigo

IPFS ?

Just learned about it a couple days ago, but it seems like a solid protocol for updating the URL scheme to address content instead of a resource location that is brittle and can go down.

http://ipfs.io/

edit: I thought I read somewhere that it is related to filecoin.

Twitter: @robrig0

In Detroit? Want to learn more about BitShares? RSVP for the meetup! http://www.meetup.com/bitshares-worldwide/
Raeg

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:48:43 PM

This year I have decided to try and invest what I can in cryptocurrency that I think may have a real future, one just as solid or more solid than Bitcoin. I missed my opportunity for a great early investment in Bitcoin. I believe in Bitcoin and always will, but there are other alternatives and technologies that present the possibility of a great early investment like the one I missed with Bitcoin.

I think you're more likely to lose money on those alts to be honest. Why don't you just stick with bitcoin if you believe in it? Just because you missed out doesn't mean to say you can't gain in the future. I think there's still massive potential to make gains on bitcoin but it will take time. We could still be early adopters if bitcoin goes mainstream.
jailee (OP)

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 05:58:51 PM

Ripple
NXT
Stellar

Completely missing the big picture, big players are:
Ethereum
Bitshares
Darkcoin

I dont think that I am missing the big picture at all. Though I agree with your statement that your suggestions may be big players, I believe that anything that is JUST A COIN is really kind of worthless and not beneficial to waste my time and investment money on.  As far as 'coins' go, I really have no interest in 'coins' per say.....I am interested in technology that is poised to be integrated into the global financial system whether it be on a personal acct level ( EXAMPLE: wallet on Ripple Trade) or an entire government infrastructure. The above statement about 'JUST A COIN" is in reference to Darkcoin and any other 'coin' that has nothing else to offer other than the ability to spend it IF it is ever worth ANYTHING. Darkcoin and alot of others are coming out with some awesome technology and 'coin' abilities that make them seem attractive, but ultimately I believe that ALL of these 'coins will fail. There has to be more to it than just another new cryptocurrency. ANYONE who has any desire and education can create a cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrencies have changed the world and their integration and continued creation is sure to bring a change to ALL financial systems globally....eventually. For me, Im not interested in the next big altcoin so I can rush to the exchanges to try and make 114$ off my 4$ investment. I want to be able to say in 10 yrs that I got in on the ground floor for such and such technology that included an altcoin that I was able to invest in, that holds the value of my American Dollar initially invested and offers substantial returns on that investment. I think that Ethereum and Bitshares are two concepts worth looking into because they are built with a real future in mind. I am interested in these the same as Im interested in SuperNet and the idea of Kim Dotcom's MegaNet....all grand ideas that will have a huge impact.

jailee (OP)

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 06:26:34 PM

This year I have decided to try and invest what I can in cryptocurrency that I think may have a real future, one just as solid or more solid than Bitcoin. I missed my opportunity for a great early investment in Bitcoin. I believe in Bitcoin and always will, but there are other alternatives and technologies that present the possibility of a great early investment like the one I missed with Bitcoin.

I think you're more likely to lose money on those alts to be honest. Why don't you just stick with bitcoin if you believe in it? Just because you missed out doesn't mean to say you can't gain in the future. I think there's still massive potential to make gains on bitcoin but it will take time. We could still be early adopters if bitcoin goes mainstream.

Raeg,
 You are absolutely right about Bitcoin. What I guess I am trying to say there is that because I believe in Bitcoin, I have a strong inclination that BECAUSE of Bitcoin, other ideas will flower to fruition, such as Ripple, Stellar, NXT etc. ALL ideas that have emerged for altcoins and platforms that go with them came from the original idea and concept of Bitcoin. I missed out on buying 1000000 bitcoin for $150 when they were worthless ( I dont know how many I could have recieved, thats just a guess to make the point). I now, however, have the same opportunity with other 'technology' and hope to one day cash in just like everyone else. But like Ive said before, I dont believe in 'JUST A COIN' 'coins'. There has to be more behind them. I love Bitcoin and DO invest in it. I just think there are larger opportunities out there. I dont however, believe that Bitcoin will ever die. I believe that one day Bitcoin may be the "DOLLAR" of the Cryptocurrency, and may well be there now, in that all other cryptocurrency values will one day be based SOLELY off the value of Bitcoin. The dollar, one day, will have nothing to do with it and will eventually be as worthless as InfiniteCoin . ONE (maybe more) of these new technologies will one day REPLACE the ENTIRE global financial system. Just think about it....bitcoin exchanges and payment centers have debit cards, digital wallets you take with your person everywhere like a real wallet, and all the other benefits that come with Bitcoin (security, low fee's, etc.) Now think about one of these technologies such as Ripple for instance. It COULD become the new WORLD money, knocking down financial boundaries and becoming the new 'dollar' or 'yen'.......the masses ( if it were made easy to understand and operate) I believe, would except it and use it EXCLUSIVELY, for a number of reasons. I dont have much more time to write but here is one reason why: The US government prints money as it pleases and borrows trillions against gold that most likely isnt there and has the ability to just remove your funds from your acct and tell you to f off. ( Like they did in Cyprus) With cryptocurrency, ALL of that can be COMPLETELY STOPPED. Not JUST cryptocurrency though, an ENTIRE NEW MONETARY SYSTEM. 'Coins' only address part of the global financial systems problems.....platforms like Ripple, Stellar, SuperNet, Bitshares, etc all are trying to fill a void that has NEVER been modified to function FOR THE PEOPLE. I just choose the three I did because I believe and hope in them from the information I have studied.
KingJo

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:27:50 PM

I think CREVACOIN is a good bet for 2015.
this coin is
Headquarters of Creva Group is in Hong Kong and was founded with 50 million US dollars as ‘Creva Group Co. Ltd.’
Its e-money business starts with its branch in Korea, where the Internet environment is excellent.
and soon be lunch ATM for crevacoin, and now, It trading very fast at c-cex.
All this combined makes CREVACOIN a good bet for 2015.
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 04:10:45 PM

I think CREVACOIN is a good bet for 2015.
this coin is
Headquarters of Creva Group is in Hong Kong and was founded with 50 million US dollars as ‘Creva Group Co. Ltd.’
Its e-money business starts with its branch in Korea, where the Internet environment is excellent.
and soon be lunch ATM for crevacoin, and now, It trading very fast at c-cex.
All this combined makes CREVACOIN a good bet for 2015.
That is now 3 dead treads you revived to spam the same garbage.

2tejszy

Activity: 109
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:35:25 PM

I hold a lot of cannabiscoin  Wink
jztxeno

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:50:34 PM

I hold a lot of cannabiscoin  Wink

Just for the lolz?
-Lux-

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:09:54 PM

invested 10 btc in Shadowcash

SHADOW ◈ Anonymous POS ◈ Ring Signatures ◈ Encrypted Messaging ◈
SHADOW ◈ Open Source Project ◈ User Friendly Wallet ◈ Built-in Anonymous Market ◈
SHADOWHOME PAGEFORUMWIKI
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:54:57 AM

Yes, ripple and NXT is outstanding among the numerous cryptocurrencies.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 12:57:18 AM

30+ bil in circulation, 100bil in total. It s unlikely ripple will be worth more than 1$ ever.

100% scam

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: