Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:00:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cex.io is Reliable ?  (Read 5626 times)
Pepin

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:16:10 PM

I can't believe how many absolutely idiotic stupid morons are out there who keep believing in these mining shares. For starters, the math proves that you will never get your investment paid back, let alone any interest on that investment. Second of all, all of these operations would be stupid to actually mine bitcoin since it is so troublesome. They can make money by just taking your money and slowly giving you back little by little but never giving it all back. Why would they run a gigantic bitcoin farm when they can simply run a single server and not have any headaches? Also have any of these cloud mining companies actually shown any evidence that they actually mine bitcoin? I don't think so. All you ever hear from them is "trust us, we do!" What a load of BS. Some of these operations, if they truly mine bitcoin, would have gigantic mining farms, so why can't they give us any shred of evidence that it exists? There is not even any circumstantial evidence of their existence for most of the cloud mining companies.

Lastly, even if these companies were completely honorable and actually mining like they claim to, how freaking stupid do you have to be to buy into something that you will never profit from? The only people who make any sort of profit from cloud mining are the cloud mining companies running the ponzi scheme and some people who trade fake mining contracts with gullible fools.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ToQcHista (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

ToQcHista

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:16:31 PM

That buyght this GHS after itself btc's earning ?

" I tie a rope around my penis and jump from a tree "
niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:40:51 PM

I can't believe how many absolutely idiotic stupid morons are out there who keep believing in these mining shares. For starters, the math proves that you will never get your investment paid back, let alone any interest on that investment. Second of all, all of these operations would be stupid to actually mine bitcoin since it is so troublesome. They can make money by just taking your money and slowly giving you back little by little but never giving it all back. Why would they run a gigantic bitcoin farm when they can simply run a single server and not have any headaches? Also have any of these cloud mining companies actually shown any evidence that they actually mine bitcoin? I don't think so. All you ever hear from them is "trust us, we do!" What a load of BS. Some of these operations, if they truly mine bitcoin, would have gigantic mining farms, so why can't they give us any shred of evidence that it exists? There is not even any circumstantial evidence of their existence for most of the cloud mining companies.

Lastly, even if these companies were completely honorable and actually mining like they claim to, how freaking stupid do you have to be to buy into something that you will never profit from? The only people who make any sort of profit from cloud mining are the cloud mining companies running the ponzi scheme and some people who trade fake mining contracts with gullible fools.

Actually Bit-x is having 1PH, bought from Bitfury. Bitfury confirmed it.Check this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896350.0
But,yeah investing into cloud mining right now is not very profitable, but you will get at the end some profit if you are lucky enough (mining difficulty changes, selling and buying at the right price and so on).

The mined BTC is credited to your account every 24 hours.
ToQcHista (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

ToQcHista

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 05:04:36 PM

Actually Bit-x is having 1PH, bought from Bitfury. Bitfury confirmed it.Check this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896350.0
But,yeah investing into cloud mining right now is not very profitable, but you will get at the end some profit if you are lucky enough (mining difficulty changes, selling and buying at the right price and so on).

The mined BTC is credited to your account every 24 hours.

How many times exist this company (bit-x)

" I tie a rope around my penis and jump from a tree "
bitcoin4eva

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:34:32 PM

Yea you're completely right. If you buy the GH/s, you'll never get ROI. Im using Ghash.io for mining on my own hardware.
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:47:25 PM

Yes you can make a profit, I did (you know, you sell the BTC you've invested to begin with) so after a while you start making a profit. WHy would they run a farm? Because people are not patient and expect to earn money instantly, if you wait 6 months you'll start seeing profits...

Only point I agree on you is that CEX.io is dangerous. It controls way too much of the BTC market!

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:22:41 AM

This thread is misleading and just plain wrong!! It sounds like the posters in this thread haven't read anything regarding CEX.io in the past year.

CEX is defunct... dead... gone the way of the Dodo bird.

They shut down cloudmining about a month ago because maintenance fees were greater than mining income.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=922513.0

Taking into consideration our users’ interests, the recent Bitcoin price drop, as well as the upscaling of the mining difficulty, CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange would like to announce a temporary suspension of cloud mining services provided by the platform at the time of the next difficulty increase.

According to the 11.5. paragraph of CEX.IO Terms of Use:

“Mining with using User’s Gigahashes can be stopped by CEX.IO if the amount of the Maintenance Cost exceeds rewards for each mined block or if the mining is economically inexpedient.”

Thereby, all GHS formerly purchased by CEX.IO users remain their absolute property, with appropriate figures reflected in users’ profile balance. Additionally users will be able to manually enable mining with Gigahashes by their own choice.

“Suspension of CEX.IO cloud mining service is only a forced temporary measure, the result of cloud mining costs exceeding mining profit,” Jeffrey Smith, Chief Information Officer of CEX.IO. “Currently all cloud mining/maintenance costs are directed to the Hardware provider, hence, we are open for negotiations with additional mining hardware providers, who can offer favourable terms. And, as soon as we get an opportunity to upgrade mining hardware, or come to more efficient terms with energy suppliers, cloud mining process will be automatically resumed.”

Meanwhile, CEX.IO will continue operating as full service exchange platform for trading cryptocurrencies and fiat money.
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 03:10:09 AM

i was under the impression they suspended their cloud mining services indefinitely. 

and fyi.. all cloud mining is ponzi.
TalkTalk

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 03:12:29 PM

This thread is misleading and just plain wrong!! It sounds like the posters in this thread haven't read anything regarding CEX.io in the past year.

They shut down cloudmining about a month ago because maintenance fees were greater than mining income.

Taking into consideration our users’ interests, the recent Bitcoin price drop, as well as the upscaling of the mining difficulty, CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange would like to announce a temporary suspension of cloud mining services provided by the platform at the time of the next difficulty increase.

“Mining with using User’s Gigahashes can be stopped by CEX.IO if the amount of the Maintenance Cost exceeds rewards for each mined block or if the mining is economically inexpedient.”

Thereby, all GHS formerly purchased by CEX.IO users remain their absolute property, with appropriate figures reflected in users’ profile balance. Additionally users will be able to manually enable mining with Gigahashes by their own choice.

“Suspension of CEX.IO cloud mining service is only a forced temporary measure, the result of cloud mining costs exceeding mining profit,” Jeffrey Smith, Chief Information Officer of CEX.IO. “Currently all cloud mining/maintenance costs are directed to the Hardware provider, hence, we are open for negotiations with additional mining hardware providers, who can offer favourable terms. And, as soon as we get an opportunity to upgrade mining hardware, or come to more efficient terms with energy suppliers, cloud mining process will be automatically resumed.”

Meanwhile, CEX.IO will continue operating as full service exchange platform for trading cryptocurrencies and fiat money.

They are not dead, it's just cloud mining which is temporarily suspended. Their pool is still operational. Blockchain.info shows their pool's share is 7-9% which is quite impressive.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 11:04:34 PM

They are not dead, it's just cloud mining which is temporarily suspended. Their pool is still operational. Blockchain.info shows their pool's share is 7-9% which is quite impressive.

You mean their exchange is still operational, not their pool.  CEX.io doesn't have a mining pool, but their affiliate company does.

Ghash.io is about 7% of the pool hashrate on https://blockchain.info/pools

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
TalkTalk

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:48:04 PM

You mean their exchange is still operational, not their pool.  CEX.io doesn't have a mining pool, but their affiliate company does.

Ghash.io is about 7% of the pool hashrate on https://blockchain.info/pools

Yes, you're correct. I consider them as one entity.
cryptopaddles

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:05:47 PM

Lmao. Absolute no,  ghs on cex are worse than worthless on cex.io
Bananana

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 04:27:11 AM

Buy from hashnest instead, reliable, cheapest hash and cheaper maintenance as compare to cex.io.

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:43:35 AM

Hey,

So I got question about Bitcoin Mining! I got an $100 on PayPal and I want change that to BTC. Is that good idea to invest it here: https://www.hashnest.com/

hashnest have the cheapest hash so far, but the maintenance charges is really high. Its a gamble if you can ROI from hashnest or not.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Zawamiya

Activity: 526

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 05:03:42 PM

yes
cex.io is one of the best mining and trading service provider
they can be trusted
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: