Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:44:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (IDEA) BitBay - eBay for BitCoins  (Read 7177 times)
charlie (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 12:58:23 PM

I don't mind giving a hand and donating some hosting.
But first I have a couple of things on my list :
 - a killer feature for bitcoin-central.net
 - a web interface to jgarzik's open source pool

ok well i'll start writing up a full idea and working on names and a logo etc Smiley

Here you go, please indulge in a delicious github wiki : https://github.com/davout/bitbay/wiki

If you have a github account I'll add you as repo collab

Started working on the wiki already Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
semyazza

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 04:57:39 PM

I know but i HATE the design, the feel and the general layout of the site as well as many complaints and users being un-satisifed..

Sources?
charlie (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 05:30:07 PM

I know but i HATE the design, the feel and the general layout of the site as well as many complaints and users being un-satisifed..

Sources?

i have visited your site, signed up and had a look around... i don't like it at all... the design is terrible as the fields are out and the actual graphics are pretty bad too as well as there being a big box for the featured items and having nothing for about 2cm down..
semyazza

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 05:49:30 PM

Sources?

i have visited your site, signed up and had a look around... i don't like it at all... the design is terrible as the fields are out and the actual graphics are pretty bad too as well as there being a big box for the featured items and having nothing for about 2cm down..

Emphasis ours.  Your experience does not make other user's experiences unsatisfied.  We would like proof of "many complaints and users being un-satisfied".  Otherwise, what you are doing is libel.

We would also like to see a screenshot of the "out fields"(what is that) "big box for the featured items and having nothing for about 2cm down"(we don't notice this on the configurations we test).

The first item is the most important and we don't want quibbling over non-relevant details.  You have made a very bold claim and we would like you to support it with documentation.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 07:38:16 PM

Emphasis ours.  Your experience does not make other user's experiences unsatisfied.  We would like proof of "many complaints and users being un-satisfied".  Otherwise, what you are doing is libel.

We would also like to see a screenshot of the "out fields"(what is that) "big box for the featured items and having nothing for about 2cm down"(we don't notice this on the configurations we test).

The first item is the most important and we don't want quibbling over non-relevant details.  You have made a very bold claim and we would like you to support it with documentation.

What this makes me think about :

And here is a user testimonial : I have used your site a while ago, I don't remember encountering usability or functionality issues, but I definitely remember that your design striked me as being pretty unpleasant. And it's a well known fact that the user perception is never rational and objective, it's influenced by purely subjective factors such as color, layout etc.

So maybe instead of "demanding documentation" and feeling threatened you should use this opportunity to improve and gather user feedback in a friendlier way.

Just my 2 bitcents, take care Smiley

semyazza

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 08:25:01 PM

And here is a user testimonial : I have used your site a while ago, I don't remember encountering usability or functionality issues, but I definitely remember that your design striked me as being pretty unpleasant. And it's a well known fact that the user perception is never rational and objective, it's influenced by purely subjective factors such as color, layout etc.

So maybe instead of "demanding documentation" and feeling threatened you should use this opportunity to improve and gather user feedback in a friendlier way.

Thank you for your input.  We politely ask that you do not quote us on things we have not said.  If you feel like you can contribute more to our success please feel to contact us at contact@biddingpond.com

BiddingPond aggressively pursues those who wish to tarnish our pristine reputation.  We have never Demanded(required) anything from the person who has chosen to libel us in a public forum.

We have made a request from the individual after their libelous comment to support it.  Malignant comments about how our users feel or our reputation will be answered.  If a user has a suggestion or comment on how we can improve we always welcome constructive criticism and can be reached at contact@biddingpond.com
charlie (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 09:13:00 PM

Bidding pond dude,

I don't think you should feel threatened by competition, its a way to help you grow and also its a way to improve your website to "better ours" though i do say this, i am a very good web designer and am going to put a lot of effort into the design... which is not much i an say for bidding pond...
NoValues

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 09:29:30 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2011, 10:01:17 PM by NoValues

I literally have a site with the exact same name/function its been under dev for a while and should be up in a few days,
well i guess its a pretty obvious idea so lots of people are going to have it.

http://i.min.us/icFdEA.png
InternetPseudonym

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 09:49:55 PM

I think what the Bidding Pond user is mad about is less the claims that the site's UI isn't entirely pleasant, but Charlie's claim that many users were unsatisfied with the site's service. There's a big difference between the two and I can see why he/she/it would definitely want to request documentation, both to get to the bottom of any potential problems and to protect the site from unfounded but potentially damaging rumors.

Stating that your user experience with someone's site was less than idea is totally fine. Stating that many people were unsatisfied with and have complained about a site's service, without the ability to back up this assertion, isn't.
yesterday

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 10:38:55 PM

I have been working on an auction site for about 2 weeks. I will be launching it either tomorrow or Thursday. It has a very clean design and it protects the buyers/sellers from getting scammed.

More details to come tomorrow. Smiley
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 10:57:13 PM

I think what the Bidding Pond user is mad about is less the claims that the site's UI isn't entirely pleasant, but Charlie's claim that many users were unsatisfied with the site's service. There's a big difference between the two and I can see why he/she/it would definitely want to request documentation, both to get to the bottom of any potential problems and to protect the site from unfounded but potentially damaging rumors.

Stating that your user experience with someone's site was less than idea is totally fine. Stating that many people were unsatisfied with and have complained about a site's service, without the ability to back up this assertion, isn't.
I perfectly understand, and would probably react the same way. I also completely agree with you, but taking offense and reacting like that when a ~50 posts user pokes them with an obvious unfounded claim/troll is IMO way more damaging than just plain ignoring the comment, isn't it ?

Thank you for your input.  We politely ask that you do not quote us on things we have not said.  If you feel like you can contribute more to our success please feel to contact us at contact@biddingpond.com
I politely point out that when I quote someone, the quote is enclosed in quote tags.

BiddingPond aggressively pursues those who wish to tarnish our pristine reputation.
Wow you're much better at corporate talk than graphic design. This is not about your reputation, not at all, it's about your incredible ability to remind me of times where comic sans ms and blink tags were still ok.

Take care, drop the corporate talk, and relax (seriously) Cheesy

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 11:01:58 PM

I literally have a site with the exact same name/function its been under dev for a while and should be up in a few days,

<a big picture>

Just a (hopefully constructive) comment : you don't really see black backgrounds like that on well designed websites anymore, and in this specific case it's even likely that it's not going to fit at all, for a simple reason, it's not the best color to present auctioned items. Even more knowing that most of the times the items are shot with a clear/white background.

Black would be perfect for an web browser sci-fi game, I would not choose it for an auction site/web shop.

NoValues

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 11:30:26 PM

<a big picture>

Just a (hopefully constructive) comment : you don't really see black backgrounds like that on well designed websites anymore, and in this specific case it's even likely that it's not going to fit at all, for a simple reason, it's not the best color to present auctioned items. Even more knowing that most of the times the items are shot with a clear/white background.

Black would be perfect for an web browser sci-fi game, I would not choose it for an auction site/web shop.
Black is the new black.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 11:44:33 PM

Black is the new black.
The first rule of tautology club is the first rule of the tautology club.

semyazza

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 01:14:41 AM

This is correct. We do not feel threatened as we believe in fast, efficient customer support and excellent customer service.  We know the site needs a redesign but, unfortunately, we do not have a dedicated graphic designer in our small team.  What we are concerned with, as is stated eloquently by InternetPseudonym is potential problems and their solutions and to point out unfounded, damaging rumors.

This will be our last post in this thread as It is felt by our team we have made adequate statements on our position.  We also welcome you to the community and enjoy competition as is makes our team work harder.
WilliamJohnson

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 05:19:26 AM

I have to admit, I don't really like the design of BiddingPond, either.
The most disturbing elements (to me) are the colors and the logo.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2011, 06:45:20 AM

I have to admit, I don't really like the design of BiddingPond, either.
The most disturbing elements (to me) are the colors and the logo.
Sometimes it's a positive sign, for a website, to be able to survive despite a not-so-pleasing design Smiley

darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 10:23:50 AM

If you have the money, I highly recommend putting a project up on 99designs if you care about the look & feel of the site.

Projects start at ~$500, and unfortunately they don't accept bitcoins yet =)

If someone needs a coupon I can problem get them $80 off, I know I had one laying around just send me a pm and bug me and I'll get it for you!

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
charlie (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 03:11:40 PM

Damn you stole my though, even though u came up with it first xD

But yeh it doesnt look great maybe you could be a great help to our idea?

I'd love this to be a shared "BitCompany" as the more people the more ideas thought too many cooks do spoil the brough and yeh the design has some serious ass flaws in bidding pond but its still working quite nicely, just a few little issues to cover Smiley
yesterday

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 03:53:37 PM

Anyone who wants to beta test my new bitcoin auction site before it launches tomorrow, send me a message.

I would like to launch the site with a few items for sale.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: