Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:51:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is your last chance to jump on the Doge train before it explodes  (Read 2077 times)
InsiderMaster (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:08:45 PM

The final reduction in rewards is on the 25th. After that it will proceed to at the very minimum QUADRUPLE in value over the next month. You have been warned.
TrianglePythagoras

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:13:12 PM

I have a feeling it's only going to double. I mean, it's doge.
InsiderMaster (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:19:07 PM

I have a feeling it's only going to double. I mean, it's doge.

It will surely more than double. Even if it "only doubled" that would be a 100% profit. Not too shabby.
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:20:33 PM

I'm not sure it will doubles. A lot of other coins had halving before and that also happend with the price.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:32:44 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2015, 10:43:11 PM by pedrog

I don't think there's a correlation between price and halving, nevertheless I bought a few doge lately.

celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:34:18 PM

I don't if there's a correlation between price and halving, nevertheless I bought a few doge lately.

Almost every other price halving in doge has resorted in the price going down, not up. This is because of Dogecoin's endless inflation(Doge has no upper limit on the # of coins). So, it's practically impossible for dogecoin to sustain a decent price longterm as there is no scarcity and never will be.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:50:20 PM

I don't if there's a correlation between price and halving, nevertheless I bought a few doge lately.

Almost every other price halving in doge has resorted in the price going down, not up. This is because of Dogecoin's endless inflation(Doge has no upper limit on the # of coins). So, it's practically impossible for dogecoin to sustain a decent price longterm as there is no scarcity and never will be.

Is this the last halving?

nachoig

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:04:02 PM

Is this the last halving?

Yes, the rewards will decrease from the the currently 15625 DOGE to 10000 DOGE at the block 600000 and will stay at this rate forever.
nachoig

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:17:48 PM

Halving don't mean the price will go up this is a myth.
The only thing what will happen is miners will switch to other coins when they don't get enough money for they hard mined coins. This means without a big pump doge is dead in cold water.

Just to remember, Dogecoin has merged mining with Litecoin.

Current price is 60 satoshi, so the reward in Bitcoin will be 600000 satoshi.
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:27:04 PM

The final reduction in rewards is on the 25th. After that it will proceed to at the very minimum QUADRUPLE in value over the next month. You have been warned.

The reduction in rewards usually have no affect on the price, and why would it? It doesn't reduce the money supply. It only slows the growth.

Doge may (or may not) explode, but the reduction in the reward will have nothing to do with it.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 08:33:21 PM

no thanks, just let it be gone

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 08:48:22 PM

It's not gonna double it's value. Maybe it's gonna but it'll be because of whales not halving; then they'll dump of course.

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:29:45 PM

tuff to get a good pump going with the Chinese on holiday
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 03:27:13 AM

I like the fact that unlike BTC, we don't see much sell resistance for Doge and we have an easy path up. Just bought some!

lol doge...*sigh*
fun and all, but it's NOT going anywhere...
sorry to break it to you.
do the math.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
runpaint

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 03:39:43 AM

The reduction in rewards usually have no affect on the price, and why would it?

Because the minimum value of a proof-of-work coin is the amount of electricity it takes to mine 1 coin.  If you spend $1 to mine 1 coin, you're not going to keep mining it and sell it for less than $1.  

When the block reward is reduced, you are now spending the same amount of electricity for less coins.  If you were spending $1 worth of electricity for 1 coin, and selling it for more than $1, but now you're spending the same $1 for .75 of a coin, you will have to start selling for more than $1.50.

Of course if half the people stop mining, then you start earning twice as many coins for your electricity.  But Dogecoin is big enough that it can't lose all its miners overnight.

Merged mining can be a big problem for some coins - if you're mining Vertcoin and already selling your coins for a profit, then suddenly you are getting another coin for free, you can dump those extra coins for any price and it's 100% profit.  So it's not great for a smaller coin to merge with a bigger coin.  If both coins are roughly equal in the size of their networks, then maybe the price of both coins gets cut in half and you can pay for half your electricity with each coin.  

But if Litecoin miners are merge mining Dogecoin, then there is no danger of miners dropping out after the block reward is reduced.  They would also have to stop mining Litecoin, and they won't do that just because Dogecoin is slightly less profitable.  Therefore, difficulty will remain the same, while rewards will be reduced, which means people will have to sell Doge for a higher price to continue paying their power bill.

do the math.

Unfortunately, a lot of devs have no idea what they're doing.  Satoshi had a pretty good plan, and Bitcoin's price is forced to increase by 2 separate mechanisms:  increased difficulty and decreased rewards.  Now that Dogecoin will never reduce rewards again, the only way the price will ever go up is if more miners start mining.

But if Bitcoin goes mainstream, then it will bring Litecoin and Dogecoin with it.  Bitcoin's price will continue to rise as long as people keep using it, while Dogecoin's price will be more similar to fiat currencies.  But fiat currencies also work, for a while anyway.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 03:49:55 AM

The reduction in rewards usually have no affect on the price, and why would it?

Because the minimum value of a proof-of-work coin is the amount of electricity it takes to mine 1 coin.  If you spend $1 to mine 1 coin, you're not going to keep mining it and sell it for less than $1.  

When the block reward is reduced, you are now spending the same amount of electricity for less coins.  If you were spending $1 worth of electricity for 1 coin, and selling it for more than $1, but now you're spending the same $1 for .75 of a coin, you will have to start selling for more than $1.50.

Of course if half the people stop mining, then you start earning twice as many coins for your electricity.  But Dogecoin is big enough that it can't lose all its miners overnight.

Merged mining can be a big problem for some coins - if you're mining Vertcoin and already selling your coins for a profit, then suddenly you are getting another coin for free, you can dump those extra coins for any price and it's 100% profit.  So it's not great for a smaller coin to merge with a bigger coin.  If both coins are roughly equal in the size of their networks, then maybe the price of both coins gets cut in half and you can pay for half your electricity with each coin.  

But if Litecoin miners are merge mining Dogecoin, then there is no danger of miners dropping out after the block reward is reduced.  They would also have to stop mining Litecoin, and they won't do that just because Dogecoin is slightly less profitable.  Therefore, difficulty will remain the same, while rewards will be reduced, which means people will have to sell Doge for a higher price to continue paying their power bill.

do the math.

Unfortunately, a lot of devs have no idea what they're doing.  Satoshi had a pretty good plan, and Bitcoin's price is forced to increase by 2 separate mechanisms:  increased difficulty and decreased rewards.  Now that Dogecoin will never reduce rewards again, the only way the price will ever go up is if more miners start mining.

But if Bitcoin goes mainstream, then it will bring Litecoin and Dogecoin with it.  Bitcoin's price will continue to rise as long as people keep using it, while Dogecoin's price will be more similar to fiat currencies.  But fiat currencies also work, for a while anyway.

Totally irrelevant. The price is simply supply and demand.

Look at history. The cost of mining never causes the price to rise. Mining (at any cost) always applies a downward pressure on the price.

runpaint

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 04:01:50 AM

Totally irrelevant. Price is simply supply and demand.

Look at history. The cost of mining rarely enters the equation.

Supply and demand?  Where does the supply come from, and how much does that supply cost?  How much demand will there be to buy a coin for twice the price of mining it for yourself?

The cost of mining is the most important factor in the price of any real cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin, since the beginning of Bitcoin.  That's why there are mining calculators - because electricity bills don't pay themselves.  You can ignore the cost of mining, but only for a month.  Then you won't be mining anymore, because you won't have any electricity, because you were selling for unsustainable prices which were lower than your mining costs.  Then the other people who have common sense will still have electricity, and they will continue selling for more than their mining costs, and the coin's price will still be determined by mining costs. 

There are speculative bubbles - people paid $1000 for bitcoin because it will cost more than $1000 to mine a bitcoin, in the future.  Why did the price come back down?  Because there are still plenty of people who can mine bitcoin and sell it at a profit for $200, so that's what they do.  The price is determined by mining costs.  If it cost them $1000 right now to mine 1 BTC, then the price would be over $1000 right now.

Of course there are coins that don't cost anything to produce, and those coins have no real value because they were made for free.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:01:24 AM

dear doge. 
you are not going to double or quadruple. 
you will stay the same and drop over time. 
you will still exist. 
such success not much wow. 
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 08:06:44 AM

This is your last chance to jump on the Doge train before it explodes

Why would I want to jump on a train which is going to explode?  Tongue Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:20:41 AM

This is your last chance to jump off the Doge train before it explodes in flames!

FTFY

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: