Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:57:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VNL]- VanillaCoin.net [ New WhirlpoolX Algo ]  (Read 26088 times)
Xdragon

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:32:41 PM

https://c-cex.com/?p=vnl-btc
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:37:02 PM

Same problem - Integrating.  Gonna be awhile...

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
Maestr0

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:47:14 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 12:36:12 AM by Maestr0

Wow.. 16+ hours for windows wallet to download the blockchain and it's only about 60% done.  Huge amount of data going out and very little coming in. WTF

mine was done from scratch this AM in abt 20 mins

Thank for the info.  I just tried it on another computer/network/isp and it's much much faster.

It looks like the bottleneck is the upload bandwidth.  I have DSL with slow upload speed and it brings the blockchain download to an excruciating crawl.  Only with this wallet.  Still concerned about why the huge proportion of outgoing vs incoming data.
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:33:19 PM

Wow.. 16+ hours for windows wallet to download the blockchain and it's only about 60% done.  Huge amount of data going out and very little coming in. WTF

Thank for the info.  I just tried it on another computer/network/isp and it's much much faster.

It looks like the bottleneck is the upload bandwidth.  I have DSL with slow upload speed and it brings the blockchain download to an excruciating crawl.  Only with this wallet.

Still concerned about why the huge proportion of outgoing vs incoming data.

a very reasonable concern! idk tho - i have a fiber conn. but i've downgraded the isp plan so it's not as fast as it was. dev is pretty good at answering questions over at http://vanillacoin.net/forums/index.php

i have had some unusual behavior - had to shut down the wallet yesterday due to excessive cpu use

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
halibit
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:38:54 PM

About Vanilla coin on alcurEX.
We can't get wallet RPC port working, so market is not active.

Is there any special settings to get it response?
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:56:44 PM

reposted on
                   http://vanillacoin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=2980#p2980

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
coinfusion

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:04:47 PM

Wow.. 16+ hours for windows wallet to download the blockchain and it's only about 60% done.  Huge amount of data going out and very little coming in. WTF

Thank for the info.  I just tried it on another computer/network/isp and it's much much faster.

It looks like the bottleneck is the upload bandwidth.  I have DSL with slow upload speed and it brings the blockchain download to an excruciating crawl.  Only with this wallet.

Still concerned about why the huge proportion of outgoing vs incoming data.

There may be some sort of bug; I noticed an extremely high rate of getblocks in the log during the initial sync on my build. After seeing a setbestchain in the log with the current block number, I restarted the daemon and after that the behaviour seemed normal.  It looks like the vanillacoin daemon trys to allow getblocks to occur as fast as possible, compared to the slower rate used with bitcoin.
najzenmajsen (OP)

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:29:18 PM

Hi please join kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#vanillacoin and we will assist you : )
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:07:41 AM

Join the VanillaCoin IRC it's the place to be:

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#Vanillacoin
c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 12:30:51 PM

Welcome!

https://c-cex.com/?p=vnl-btc
https://c-cex.com/?p=vnl-usd

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com
YAdaminer

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:22:37 PM

Thank you guys.
Xdragon

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 02:14:16 PM

how long for coins to arrive to exchange? in wallet i have 3/3 confirmations , but on exchange nothing is
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 02:32:16 PM

Does it have any other exchanges not disclosed in the op up to now?
Xdragon

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 02:37:37 PM

I advise you not to send coins right now, my friend and I sent from two different wallets, and coins never showed up on the exchange.
ariliz

Activity: 215

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 02:51:44 PM

what should be the speed at r9 280x?
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935

I don't always drink...

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 02:55:38 PM

what should be the speed at r9 280x?

same as a 7970:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=964581.msg10609784#msg10609784

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
YAdaminer

Activity: 829

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:02:44 PM

I advise you not to send coins right now, my friend and I sent from two different wallets, and coins never showed up on the exchange.

Few minutes ago I sent 100 just to check, wallet says sent exchange shows nothing, so yes, I'm confirming problem with c-cex
i.post.in.scam.threads

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:18:45 PM

Vanillacoin was engineered from the ground up

lol... Roll Eyes

It prevents eavesdropping and censorship, promotes decentralized and energy efficient network transactions.

most alts do this

I am not the dev. This is an unofficial BCT thread made because the dev prefers to answer questions and lead the discussions over at the VNL forums.

if youre not the dev why are you the one creating the thread? Oh wait you were prolly one of the first to mine the shit out of this coin as usual?
RED FLAG.

The coin was launched in december and was solo mined by CPUs since. The algo made the coin botnet proof and the difficulty was low. A new GPU miner was launched just recently and new pools will join mining in a few days.

So its just waiting to get dumped on.

this has all the warning signs. and looks like a guarantee for losing your money.

If it looks and feels like a shitcoin .. it IS a shitcoin. Although i must say props on new algo.. other than that there is nothing new here.
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:19:35 PM

it sounds great, will get some vanilla for me, vanilla is all time my favorite. Wink
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498

180 BPM

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:29:15 PM

Vanillacoin was engineered from the ground up

lol... Roll Eyes

It prevents eavesdropping and censorship, promotes decentralized and energy efficient network transactions.

most alts do this

I am not the dev. This is an unofficial BCT thread made because the dev prefers to answer questions and lead the discussions over at the VNL forums.

if youre not the dev why are you the one creating the thread? Oh wait you were prolly one of the first to mine the shit out of this coin as usual?
RED FLAG.

The coin was launched in december and was solo mined by CPUs since. The algo made the coin botnet proof and the difficulty was low. A new GPU miner was launched just recently and new pools will join mining in a few days.

So its just waiting to get dumped on.

this has all the warning signs. and looks like a guarantee for losing your money.

If it looks and feels like a shitcoin .. it IS a shitcoin. Although i must say props on new algo.. other than that there is nothing new here.

Ocminer who can probably read codes did it and wrote it was awesome. Did you or your just shitposting? Also the coin was announced on BCT way before launch, anyone could have mined, you could even solo with a shity dual core.

Get back to your cave troll.

I did the first Ann with less than 20k coins which was moved to the miners section, najz isn't even an early miner IMHO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: