Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:45:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMMER - Coinbuck - BTCLOT.com  (Read 4520 times)
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 07:10:45 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2012, 10:44:04 PM by lolwut

i just wanted to let everyone know that BTCLot's owner/support is a scam.

I ordered a vps yesterday using their website and received no response for around 24 hours. I opened a ticket on their site and even pm'd coinbuck on the forum here. Their ticketing system doesnt show the date or time I opened the  ticket, but it was saturday evening. I asked them to cancel on saturday before they even acknowledged my order. Today (sunday) they finally got back to me after seeing my forum PM and/or refund ticket and said they would not be able to issue me a refund once the order has been 'processed'. I paid them and received not a single email or confirmation notice for 24 hours!!

This is absolutely how you should NOT run a business and I demand a refund. So coinbuck, I'm calling you out.

Also, I asked for Server 2003 or Windows 7, they gave me server 2008.

Here are direct quotes from the ticket
----------------------------------------
"No refunds. If you did not want the VPS then you shouldn't order. Our technician as installed all the content of your VPS. Also you asked for a custom order. Don't expect a provider to do a custom order in a weekend in less then 24 hours."
"Hello,

"i placed an order and no one answered me for 24 hours".

You asked for a custom order. The system initiated a semi-automated process that involves our technicians to setup your VPS as you requested. As our support member said, if you didn't want to host with us then you shouldn't have placed a order. Our technician has put effort to setup your VPS with the best software available to suit your needs. This is paid work, other hosting providers would charge you for this, but we won't.

Best regards,
Coinbuck - BTCLot Admin"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 07:14:27 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2012, 07:38:38 PM by Coinbuck @ BTCLot

You can see the time you opened the ticket in here:
https://btclot.com/web/cp.php?op=support&op2=open_tickets

You opened in Sat, 28 Jul 12 20:08:13 +0200

Our staff has answered in working time at Sun, 29 Jul 12 15:05:18 +0200 (that is less then the 24 hours you claim).

Also you've received the VPS. So who's the lier in here ?

EDIT 2:
Also, I asked for Server 2003 or Windows 7, they gave me server 2008.

I can put Server 2003 if you want. You asked this:
please install windows 7 instead of server 2003, if you can.
Windows 2008 is more close in terms of features (yes it is even better) compared with Windows 7. So our tech installed it.

EDIT 3:
Just a small comment about this case. You placed the order during night (Yes, we're based in Europe) and you received it on time during weekend (Yes, we have setup a custom order during weekend). If you did not want to host with us you shouldn't have placed a order in first place. We have spent time and effort to deliver what you requested.

EDIT 4:
For those who are wondering I did not advertise any kind of date or time for deliver of our products (only BTCLot VCC and VPN are instant). I do not admit the way you're dealing with this situation, you're playing with me and my staff and that is not acceptable under no circumstance.

Best regards,

Bitcoin is the future !
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 07:36:13 PM

BTCLot has been extremely fast and efficient with all my orders and tickets.

I don't understand how you can call this a scam.
A scam is when the company or the person you bought from change the ToS in their favor after the purchase (like BitcoinAdvertisers.com), and of course, you get injured by that. This is not the case, they're only following their terms, of which you agreed. No scam here.
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 08:38:55 PM

yeah because sending someone money and not hearing back from them at all for 24 hours is a great way to run a business.

i placed the order far before opening the ticket. I opened the ticket requesting a refund because I heard nothing and got no confirmation email or anything. You would think that once someone places an order that you would email them a receipt or something....

Nowhere on your site (including your terms of service) does it say that I cannot cancel my order for a refund BEFORE the vps was handed over to me. So again, I'm going to say that I no longer need your server, as I have gone with a more reliable vendor. Please cancel the server like i originally requested during the evening, before your techs "working hours". Also, I did not choose server 2008 from your buiid options, as server 2008 is not support for the application I am using. You could have sent me an email asking about the operating system before you had your "tech" build it with something "more close in terms of features", but clearly you guys cannot communicate properly..
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 08:46:30 PM

yeah because sending someone money and not hearing back from them at all for 24 hours is a great way to run a business.

i placed the order far before opening the ticket. I opened the ticket requesting a refund because I heard nothing and got no confirmation email or anything. You would think that once someone places an order that you would email them a receipt or something....

Nowhere on your site (including your terms of service) does it say that I cannot cancel my order for a refund BEFORE the vps was handed over to me. So again, I'm going to say that I no longer need your server, as I have gone with a more reliable vendor. Please cancel the server like i originally requested during the evening, before your techs "working hours". Also, I did not choose server 2008 from your buiid options, as server 2008 is not support for the application I am using. You could have sent me an email asking about the operating system before you had your "tech" build it with something "more close in terms of features", but clearly you guys cannot communicate properly..

Do you think setup a server is instant ? Our tech was working way before you open a ticket.

Quote from our ToS:
You agree that our services offered to you are provided on an AS IS basis. We are not liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, inconveniences, or whatsoever damages, or loss of profit, that may arise from the use of our services.

I will not continue to do double chatting.

It is the same thing when you order a custom service and while the company is working on the order (with internal costs) you decide to demand for a refund for no viable reason.

Bitcoin is the future !
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 08:52:21 PM

Do you think setup a server is instant ? Our tech was working way before you open a ticket.

Actually, with a proper setup, it actually is near instant.  Perhaps you should hire a better tech?

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 08:54:38 PM

Actually, with a proper setup, it actually is near instant.  Perhaps you should hire a better tech?

He is working off hours during weekend. Normally our setups take up to 1 hour. Also the datacenter we are working with doesn't provide much support in weekends.

But thanks for the tip that is something that I can work on, but with the prices we provide our budget is tight.

Bitcoin is the future !
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 08:58:17 PM

He is working off hours during weekend. Normally our setups take up to 1 hour. Also the datacenter we are working with doesn't provide much support in weekends.

But thanks for the tip that is something that I can work on, but with the prices we provide our budget is tight.

If you're using Hyper-V, you can make a generic vhd that you sysprep and when its time for a new machine, you just copy the vhd and run it.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 09:46:30 PM

You can keep making excuses, but here are the facts.

I placed an order with you on saturday afternoon. Saturday evening i opened a ticket to cancel the order and refund my money. Sunday you responded to me saying the server was being processed and you couldnt issue a refund. I did not ask for Windows 2008, I asked for Server 2003 or Windows 7. So you not only kept my money and tried to force me to use your server, but you loaded the WRONG operating system on it. I couldn't use it even if I wanted to. Why don't we stop arguing about this and you take back your server which i CANNOT use. You can even prorate my refund to reflect the 1 day of service. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but your business is not fair and you are making me, as a customer, pretty upset and violated.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 09:50:14 PM

I placed an order with you on saturday afternoon. Saturday evening i opened a ticket to cancel the order and refund my money. Sunday you responded to me saying the server was being processed and you couldnt issue a refund. I did not ask for Windows 2008, I asked for Server 2003 or Windows 7. So you not only kept my money and tried to force me to use your server, but you loaded the WRONG operating system on it. I couldn't use it even if I wanted to. Why don't we stop arguing about this and you take back your server which i CANNOT use. You can even prorate my refund to reflect the 1 day of service. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but your business is not fair and you are making me, as a customer, pretty upset and violated.

I'm not going to do that. If you want I can offer you 1 day in BTC of your purchase. You use our service you must respect our conditions.

Bitcoin is the future !
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 09:51:24 PM

I'm not going to do that. If you want I can offer you 1 day in BTC of your purchase. You use our service you must respect our conditions.

Your conditions are bullshit. You are making up the rules as you go and you refuse to refund my order. I placed the order and requested a refund before you even acknowledged me. period. you owe me a refund.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 09:52:11 PM

Your conditions are bullshit. You are making up the rules as you go and you refuse to refund my order. I placed the order and requested a refund before you even acknowledged me. period. you owe me a refund.

Case closed. I will not discuss this case in public because there is no subject to discuss. You has BTCLot client you have to respect our conditions.

If you bought impulsively it is not my fault.

Bitcoin is the future !
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 10:10:16 PM

Case closed. I will not discuss this case in public because there is no subject to discuss. You has BTCLot client you have to respect our conditions.

If you bought impulsively it is not my fault.

What don't you understand? I did not buy impulsively. I placed an order, you took entirely too long to respond, I cancelled before you even built the server and now youre playing some mickey mouse bullshit about how i must respect your terms. You are greedy, that is the problem.

edit: you can keep pasting that same line from your "TOS" too, but it still does not say that I can't get a refund, especially before the server is even built.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 10:13:56 PM

What don't you understand? I did not buy impulsively. I placed an order, you took entirely too long to respond, I cancelled before you even built the server and now youre playing some mickey mouse bullshit about how i must respect your terms. You are greedy, that is the problem.

That is untruth. The order was queued in the first moment you've purchased it. This includes the conversion of your BTC balance to EUR (this is what pays our bills).

Also if I was greedy I wouldn't being offer such service for low price to the community. I do not live from this business.

For this reason I've disabled new VPS orders (before you even call me greedy) due to the lack of respect to me and my service. The main reason to run BTCLot is not the profits generated, it's the community if you didn't know.

Bitcoin is the future !
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 10:15:52 PM

That is untruth. The order was queued in the first moment you've purchased it. This includes the conversion of your BTC balance to EUR (this is what pays our bills).

Also if I was greedy I wouldn't being offer such service for low price to the community. I do not live from this business.

For this reason I've disabled new VPS orders due to the lack of respect to me and my service. The main reason to run BTCLot is not the profits generated, it's the community if you didn't know.

If you actually cared about the community, you would respect my wishes and issue me a refund. You say you're not in this for the money, but you are doing everything you can to make excuses why you can keep mine.

You are a fraud and I would like my refund so I can go away. Thanks.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 10:17:43 PM

If you actually cared about the community, you would respect my wishes and issue me a refund. You say you're not in this for the money, but you are doing everything you can to make excuses why you can keep mine.

I'm sorry to tell you that you're a troll due to the past actions on this forum.

A fraudester is the person that called me a scammer without reason to do that. You won't get a penny from me just because of that last comment.

Here. I'm done with this.

Provide a BTC address for a full refund.

Bitcoin is the future !
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 10:31:14 PM

There you go!
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 10:31:18 PM

I'm sorry to tell you that you're a troll due to the past actions on this forum.

A fraudester is the person that called me a scammer without reason to do that. You won't get a penny from me just because of that last comment.

Please send refund to 1Gydj9Avk6xtx1d28bpPpaLYBM7E7tUVvZ

Thank you.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 10:33:20 PM

Thank you.

Please a mod/staff member witness this BTC address so that I can refund it.

EDIT: The refund amount is 4.02 BTC.

Bitcoin is the future !
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 10:41:46 PM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Coinbuck will refund 4.02 BTC to lolwut at the address 1Gydj9Avk6xtx1d28bpPpaLYBM7E7tUVvZ

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
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=VxSW
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Thank you.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: