Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:22:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's only us  (Read 3545 times)
cafucafucafu (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:42:34 PM

The latest dump and consequent slow downward trend has made me realise that the last up trend was not caused by new comers - it was caused by us. If newcomers were having an impact on the price then we wouldn't have this down trend.

What happened is that some guy decided to dump and the bitcoiners stopped buying out of fear.

Let's face it we are on our own right now without newbie buyers. Any sort of mass adoption is 20 years away. It's time to stop looking at the graphs and dreaming of the moon every hour. The moon will come in the distant future when we are old.

Everyone who could be an early adopter is already one. The geeks and foresighted people have already joined. The laypersons will now not join until they have incentives. Thus there will be no more big bubbles in the near future. The rush of people who could have caused a bubble have come and gone. Now all we await is a small trickle of others to join us for the upcoming years. No more bubbles an time soon. Just a very slow and volatile grind upwards. Bubbles will happen with incentives and I see no incentive at all except a financial crisis that entails hyperinflation or banks repossessing money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:50:19 PM

Are you not aware there are people making a concerted effort to push the price up, then down, then back up again so they can make money?

Its pretty much common knowledge now.

Bitcoin price changes have nothing to do with organic activity, response to news, or anything you are trained to look for.

Its simply whales playing in the water. 

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:56:11 PM

It's a fact that there is very little new money incomming at this point as investors tend to invest in Bitcoin related startups, etc.

I agree with BittBurger. Currently whales decide whether the price goes up or down.

And large pools can do one thing very good, and that is unloading large amounts of coins.
cafucafucafu (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:02:46 PM

Are you not aware there are people making a concerted effort to push the price up, then down, then back up again so they can make money?

Its pretty much common knowledge now.

Bitcoin price changes have nothing to do with organic activity, response to news, or anything you are trained to look for.

Its simply whales playing in the water. 

-B-

This I do know but they can only gain little amounts each time from this - unless they are doing insider trading.

If you push the price up then you need suckers who will buy with you so the whale also has to buy along with the suckers when pumping. Thus there isn't a huge amount to gain if the whale's own buying is a part of the price pump.

calme

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:04:11 PM

You've gotta admit that the bullish sentiment was refreshing though. It was going on for like multiple days.
cafucafucafu (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:29:21 PM

You've gotta admit that the bullish sentiment was refreshing though. It was going on for like multiple days.

This is true! Well let's hope it comes back. We need it! Bitcoin needs it.

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 10:42:00 PM

No, what we need is some Goddamn stability. I don't give a shit if it's at $100 or $1000, but this volatility is what prevents Bitcoin from becoming a usable currency. We had stability for almost a week. That's an improvement, but we have a long, long way to go.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
3eme

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:45:34 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head, my sentiments exactly. There's no incentive or need for Joe public to use it right now and speculators arent interested anymore. And people talk about how we found a bottom at 166 well In terms of volume it was comparable to February 2014 when it hit 400 briefly, that didnt stop the continued slide down all year.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:44:08 PM

No, what we need is some Goddamn stability. I don't give a shit if it's at $100 or $1000, but this volatility is what prevents Bitcoin from becoming a usable currency. We had stability for almost a week. That's an improvement, but we have a long, long way to go.
Stability is what happens when the price eventually tops out. It's speculation all the way to the top. Surely you know this.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:52:55 PM

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 12:10:15 AM

Stability is what happens when the price eventually tops out. It's speculation all the way to the top. Surely you know this.

You are referring to the technology adoption curve, right? Yes, you are correct. I am just frustrated by the volatility caused by people attempting to make large profits w/o taking large risks. Stop-losses may well prove to be stop-gains.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:26:57 AM

Log-out for the next ten years or so, and come back, it will still be volatile, until you have strict guidelines for bitcoin and surrounding businesses, you will have insane amount
of variables affecting the price. Stability for over a week you say, well that was probably just pure luck..

cheers
BlackSpidy

Activity: 513
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:51:28 AM

Holy shit, does that mean that I (having bought my bitcoins this month) can be considered an early adopter? Wow.
Personally, I'm not afraid of what the immediate and close future (on or two years?) have in store for bit coin because of two reasons. One being that it has proven a success as a currency. People are willing to interchange goods and services for these bits and bytes on our computers (and other storage media). That is a cold, hard fact everyone must recognize. The second being its structure, usage, features and recognizably; OK, technically more than two things, but I believe that because of it's great programming, the already established niche market, it's immediate transactions (and other useful features) and its popularity/name/reputation ensure that it will live into (and perhaps past) the 21st century.

▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄  ▄███████████████▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄█████████████████████▀█████▄▄
████▀ █████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄ ▄▄▄ ▄████
█████ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄████▄ ▀████ ▐███▌ ████
████████▄▄▄███████████▄ ▀██▀ ▀▀▀ ▀████
████████████▀▀█▀ ▀█▀▀███▄ ▀███▄███████
█████████████ ▄███▄ ██████▄ ▀█████████
████████████ ▐█████▌ ███████▄ ▀███████
▀▀▀▀█████████ ▀███▀ ██████████▄ ▀█████
      ▀█████▄▄█▄ ▄█▄▄███████████
        ▀▀██████████████████▀██▀
           ▀▀██████▀███▌▀██▀
               ▀██▀  ▀▀
...REVOLUTIONIZING...
THE REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY

█ ██ ███ █████████████████████████████████ ███ ██ █

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄██████████████▄
█████████▀▀▀▀███
███████▀     ███
███████   ██████
█████        ███
███████   ██████
███████   ██████
▀██████   █████▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄
  ▄▄   ██▄▄▄
 ▐██▄▄█████▀▀
█████▀▀ ███
   ███  ▄█████▌
  ▄██████▀██▌
  ▀▀▀██    ██
     ▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
█ ██ ███ ████████████████ ███ ██ █
TOKEN SALE ENDS
...ON MAY 15...
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 03:33:56 AM

The latest dump and consequent slow downward trend has made me realise that the last up trend was not caused by new comers - it was caused by us. If newcomers were having an impact on the price then we wouldn't have this down trend.

What happened is that some guy decided to dump and the bitcoiners stopped buying out of fear.

Let's face it we are on our own right now without newbie buyers. Any sort of mass adoption is 20 years away. It's time to stop looking at the graphs and dreaming of the moon every hour. The moon will come in the distant future when we are old.

Everyone who could be an early adopter is already one. The geeks and foresighted people have already joined. The laypersons will now not join until they have incentives. Thus there will be no more big bubbles in the near future. The rush of people who could have caused a bubble have come and gone. Now all we await is a small trickle of others to join us for the upcoming years. No more bubbles an time soon. Just a very slow and volatile grind upwards. Bubbles will happen with incentives and I see no incentive at all except a financial crisis that entails hyperinflation or banks repossessing money.

Out of all the countries in the world at least one will have a major financial incident sometime soon.  Another thing could be if bitcoin is made very user friendly a new type of non tech person could become involved.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 04:30:14 AM

And what market in human history has ever topped out to a stable plateau?

I am afraid Mr Ibian, that merely stating what you desperately want the case to be, as though it were common knowledge, does not make your viewpoint a reality.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:14:28 AM

Holy shit, does that mean that I (having bought my bitcoins this month) can be considered an early adopter? Wow.
Personally, I'm not afraid of what the immediate and close future (on or two years?) have in store for bit coin because of two reasons. One being that it has proven a success as a currency. People are willing to interchange goods and services for these bits and bytes on our computers (and other storage media). That is a cold, hard fact everyone must recognize. The second being its structure, usage, features and recognizably; OK, technically more than two things, but I believe that because of it's great programming, the already established niche market, it's immediate transactions (and other useful features) and its popularity/name/reputation ensure that it will live into (and perhaps past) the 21st century.
Moving goalpost but essentially yes. Anyone with just a single full coin will eventually be considered "early". Most people will never have a tenth of that.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 10:09:15 AM

Add to this the new coins that are being mined all the time.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 11:37:57 AM

Bubbles will happen with incentives and I see no incentive at all except a financial crisis that entails hyperinflation or banks repossessing money.

Which is happening. Next bubble is due to end of 2016 IMO. Wouldn't be surprised to see it even before 2016.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:42:46 AM

I'll just leave this right, here.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:23:55 PM

New wallets Shocked I'm convinced

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: