Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:31:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD!] 1oz .9999 fine gold 2015 coin - below spot!  (Read 13815 times)
GoldBits (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:54:47 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 05:26:14 AM by GoldBits

***SOLD*** TO elianite - http://blockchain.info/tx-index/99961ed808ae089425b74a5ede32f6180ef0ad9fdc18d9c16ef76e6033ec7f9b

PAYMENT TO MIDDLEMAN NOT ACCEPTED. YOUR POST WILL BE REMOVED IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ.

How about a great deal for my first gold sale??  1oz of fine (0.9999) gold for only 4BTC Smiley

• One ounce .9999 pure gold
  • $50 U.S. legal tender coin
  • Buffalo / Indian Head design
  • 2015 date (latest design)

I'll try to get some pics up soon!

Let's see if we can generate some interest here  Smiley  Coin will ship within 24 hours of payment by BTC upfront.

This thread is for arranging a sale only.  Unsolicited advice will be removed.  (If you feel the need to push your opinion, please do so by PM.  I'll do my best to answer every reasonable message.)

Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/OcXiWjg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iWc2Kn3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/at8cLZo.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ManyProofs

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 04:35:12 PM

do u still shipping for Iran?

monies back garantee?
GoldBits (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 05:04:17 PM

do u still shipping for Iran?

monies back garantee?

ManyProofs:

I wouldn't feel comfortable exporting U.S. legal tender to Iran. Keep an eye on my future offers as I might sell some of my MapleGrams (1 gram Canadian gold coin).  These are truly "gold bits"  Grin

EDIT:  Post #1 makes it clear that I don't accept payments to middlemen.  If people keep repetitively posting about this, of course I will remove it.  Roll Eyes
ManyProofs

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:16:25 PM

will u selling me 1 gram bit? future will order more because i have proofs of you

and monies back guarante?
GoldBits (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:25:24 PM

Because I'm an honest & reputable seller, I wouldn't list something I don't have in-hand.

I will certainly list the MapleGrams once I physically have them.  I think it will benefit those who want pure gold but don't want to buy an entire ounce. Smiley

Edit: I'm only removing posts that clearly show someone didn't read Post #1.  If you have an actual sales question, it shall remain in this thread. Smiley
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:31:49 PM

Because I'm an honest & reputable seller, I wouldn't list something I don't have in-hand.

I will certainly list the MapleGrams once I physically have them.  I think it will benefit those who want pure gold but don't want to buy an entire ounce. Smiley

Edit: I'm only removing posts that clearly show someone didn't read Post #1.  If you have an actual sales question, it shall remain in this thread. Smiley

Okay, here's a sales question:  You are "honest and reputable" according to whom? 

Also, can you place your coin on a scale and let us see its mass (with handwritten forum handle and date included)?
GoldBits (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:37:36 PM

Okay, here's a sales question:  You are "honest and reputable" according to whom? 

Also, can you place your coin on a scale and let us see its mass (with handwritten forum handle and date included)?

Sure, I have no problem answering reasonable questions Smiley

Honest because I won't sell something not (yet) in hand.

I have a food scale from my restaraunt that is accurate to 1/10 grams (0.1g).  Would that suffice for the coin weight test?  If no, then I really don't have anything else at the moment.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:57:32 PM

Reasonable question 2 - why sell the coin at a loss when you could sell at any local bullion dealer, jeweler or pawn shop for significantly more money.

Reasonable question 3 - why are you so dead set against Escrow used for buyer protection?
GoldBits (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:01:39 PM

Reasonable question 2 - why sell the coin at a loss when you could sell at any local bullion dealer, jeweler or pawn shop for significantly more money.

Reasonable question 3 - why are you so dead set against Escrow used for buyer protection?

2) I never said it was a long-term business strategy. Read Post #1 again.  It's just for my first sale. Smiley

3) If you can show me an actual escrow (not just a random person willing to hold money) then I will consider it.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:06:23 PM

Lots of Escrow advice here -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0

there are also automated website escrows available too.
GoldBits (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:08:47 PM

Yes, one of those automated sites was suggested to me (in my auction thread).  I went to the site and clicked "contact us."  It wouldn't even give a PO box, just an e-mail address.  Roll Eyes

Legitimate escrow = money in trust managed by a trustee who isn't anonymous.
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 09:15:52 PM

Id like to apologize for all the scrutiny and suspicion on this forum. Every 'new guy' gets the same treatment.

On this forum we have a sort of informal system of escrow, where there are a few highly trusted members who regularly act as an escrow by holding money until a transaction is complete. Some do happen to be anonymous outside of this forum, and could technically disappear with the money (by malice or death). Often they ask for a 1% commission or a tip. I can see how this system would seem extremely sketchy for anyone new to this community. They are not 'official escrow businesses', just 'random people' who have earned a reputation of trust over many years by holding onto tens of thousands of $ of ppl's money, etc.

PM me if you have any questions; I can vouch for some reputable escrows and answer any questions you might have.

Good luck on the sale Smiley

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
GoldBits (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:17:38 PM

I don't know if "1) weigh the coin" was a troll post or not.  It seems the poster vanished, despite me replying instantly.  Undecided
GoldBits (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:25:38 PM

Id like to apologize for all the scrutiny and suspicion on this forum. Every 'new guy' gets the same treatment.

On this forum we have a sort of informal system of escrow, where there are a few highly trusted members who regularly act as an escrow by holding money until a transaction is complete. Some do happen to be anonymous outside of this forum, and could technically disappear with the money (by malice or death). Often they ask for a 1% commission or a tip. I can see how this system would seem extremely sketchy for anyone new to this community. They are not 'official escrow businesses', just 'random people' who have earned a reputation of trust over many years by holding onto tens of thousands of $ of ppl's money, etc.

PM me if you have any questions; I can vouch for some reputable escrows and answer any questions you might have.

Good luck on the sale Smiley

Thanks for your polite & thoughtful reply.  Yes, I understand the informal structure of the escrow here.  But someone's 'forum reputation' doesn't offer me protection if the funds vanish (theft, or even if the escrower dies or something).  A more likely example is the buyer lying and saying I shipped them a rock.  Since the escrows here won't even type up a list of policies regarding common situations, who knows what will happen.  So this only adds to the risk, not lessens it.

I'm still open to a legitimate escrow service however. Smiley
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 09:30:39 PM

Thanks for your polite & thoughtful reply.  Yes, I understand the informal structure of the escrow here.  But someone's 'forum reputation' doesn't offer me protection if the funds vanish (theft, or even if the escrower dies or something).  A more likely example is the buyer lying and saying I shipped them a rock.  Since the escrows here won't even type up a list of policies regarding common situations, who knows what will happen.  So this only adds to the risk, not lessens it.

I'm still open to a legitimate escrow service however. Smiley

Absolutely understandable. Its something we need to move past on this forum, its always a bit hard for new members to 'break in' now, as im sure you can guess there have been countless scammers here. once you become trusted here, doing business is very easy.

If you do go the 'random internet stranger holding your money' route, I would recommend selling only to someone who already has a positive reputation here. Less chance of you getting screwed.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
GoldBits (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:44:03 PM

I don't know if "1) weigh the coin" was a troll post or not.  It seems the poster vanished, despite me replying instantly.  Undecided

stop deleting posts, you'd still have it

Please read it again. I said the poster - not the post, vanished after he made the post.
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 09:49:26 PM

I don't know if "1) weigh the coin" was a troll post or not.  It seems the poster vanished, despite me replying instantly.  Undecided

I don't know if "1) weigh the coin" was a troll post or not.  It seems the poster vanished, despite me replying instantly.  Undecided

Please read it again. I said the poster - not the post, vanished after he made the post.

posters don't disappear

the question did, after you deleted it

You are not very smart, AJRGale.

The question is here, it has not been deleted.

Edit: I'm only removing posts that clearly show someone didn't read Post #1.  If you have an actual sales question, it shall remain in this thread. Smiley

Okay, here's a sales question:  You are "honest and reputable" according to whom?  

GoldBits (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:51:12 PM

Thank you for the clarification elianite. Smiley

By "vanished" I mean the fellow immediately went offline after posting his question.  As promised, I did NOT delete the question, because it is a fair one.  But he has been trolling me so I'm still wondering if it was a serious question.

Does anyone else need to see the coin on a scale?
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 09:52:55 PM

Thank you for the clarification elianite. Smiley

By "vanished" I mean the fellow immediately went offline after posting his question.  As promised, I did NOT delete the question, because it is a fair one.  But he has been trolling me so I'm still wondering if it was a serious question.

Does anyone else need to see the coin on a scale?

no, not needed at all.
Though it wouldn't hurt. when doing your first sale, anything helps.

GoldBits (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 10:06:42 PM

Technically it proves very little, because the scale is so sensitive that blowing on it would increase the coin weight.  Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/5rFr85G.jpg
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: