Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:26:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GoldBits - Newbie scammer  (Read 7616 times)
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 12:39:50 PM

So, I bought btc back with the money that I got for the coin.

Since btc price went up so much in past few days, in total I got about 4.1BTC for the $1450cad that I got for the coin, for which i paid 4BTC.

So, for ALL of this; 0.1BTC profit.

sigh...

Well I'd say you did pretty well.

The most probable scenario by far was to lose BTC4.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 12:47:45 PM

Since btc price went up so much in past few days, in total I got about 4.1BTC for the $1450cad that I got for the coin, for which i paid 4BTC.

sigh...

You would properly have been better of rolling those 4 BTC on Prime dice with 97.5% chance of winning, this would given you 0.1 BTC in profit.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Silly Money

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:29:18 PM

sigh...

Why would you go through all this just to buy back coins with the money especially at such low mark up? Why not wait or just hiold the coins? Doesn't make sense to me. Cannot understand why you even sent money to this person in the first place.

elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 07:57:17 PM

sigh...

Why would you go through all this just to buy back coins with the money especially at such low mark up? Why not wait or just hiold the coins? Doesn't make sense to me. Cannot understand why you even sent money to this person in the first place.

back then, my profit would have bee about 1btc, so 20%.
Still not a good bet, but with the price increase its just sad.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
wealthy$

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:01:57 PM

sigh...

I will never risk the amount of money risked by eli here  is just too much money to risk to a noob account.
Hopefuly you get your gold right away.
hehe (btw) saw the coins ur selling im interesed. ty

AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:29:00 AM

sigh...

I will never risk the amount of money risked by eli here  is just too much money to risk to a noob account.
Hopefuly you get your gold right away.
hehe (btw) saw the coins ur selling im interesed. ty

ah well, Elanite was happy to do it, got hell back from it (yay me...:| ) and didn't get what he wanted in the end.

Goldbits got what he wanted in the end, despite the very suspicious way he handled it, sold some gold for btc. We can only speculate on what, why, who and when of all things here, but its all hindsight now.

and Elanite, im sorry for calling you a puppeteer, scum, whatever i said, what i can see now, it really isn't you nature
BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:33:24 AM

sigh...

It is too bad that the price of bitcoin did not rise further, high enough so that you would have ended up with less bitcoin then you started with when dealing with someone who almost certainly would have just stolen your money Wink
Berau

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:09:24 PM

Is eliante then, an alt of goldbits?

To be they have the same posting styles.
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:26:26 AM

An alt or he knows him personally. Or he's incredibly naive. Or incredibly stupid.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
Berau

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:36:55 AM

An alt or he knows him personally. Or he's incredibly naive. Or incredibly stupid.

Probably an alt then, I don't see anyone in the forum that would deal with GoldBits without escrow.
bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:53:54 PM

Probably an alt. No one would welcome a newbie with 4 BTC here.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:51:40 PM

Probably an alt then, I don't see anyone in the forum that would deal with GoldBits without escrow.

everybody should use escrow...
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 03:27:43 AM

everybody should use escrow...
agreed.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: