Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:31:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to buy Bitcoins with my PayPal.  (Read 1454 times)
rszibele (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:32:07 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 08:52:28 AM by rszibele

Hello,

I'd like to buy Bitcoins with my PayPal account. I have 40$ at my disposal and would like to buy at the current market rate. I've been referred here from my previous thread in the Beginner & Help section https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=964750.0 .

If you are a trusted member then I will go first and send via. gift or normal send with a note stating "I received the goods." (your choice). If you are not a trusted member and would like to sell me your BTC then you will have to organize an escrow or go first.

I'd be more comfortable doing multiple small transactions ~10$ rather than doing the whole thing at once, as I've never done this before.

EDIT: Spent 5$, so only have 40$ left.
darkx3

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:33:44 AM

Get in Line
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 09:34:00 AM

That could work I guess (I mean for the note saying "received goods" ) .
But one question , the funds are on your Paypal account or from a Credit card related to your Paypal account ? because Credit card payment can be easily chargebacked if you contact the Company . (Payoneer ,Neteller, etc ... ) .

~ Madness

rszibele (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:43:38 AM

Get in Line
Grin

That could work I guess (I mean for the note saying "received goods" ) .
But one question , the funds are on your Paypal account or from a Credit card related to your Paypal account ? because Credit card payment can be easily chargebacked if you contact the Company . (Payoneer ,Neteller, etc ... ) .

~ Madness

My funds are from linkbucks.com, I do not have any credit card or bank account associated with my PayPal. I can also prove it with screenshots in a pm, from both PayPal and Linkbucks.
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 10:00:01 AM

Get in Line
Get a Line  Wink

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Zawamiya

Activity: 526

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:23:07 AM

most users here don't deal with paypal because you can request a chargeback later after you have received your bitcoins
better find a offline local seller and buy with cash
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 07:24:48 AM

most users here don't deal with paypal because you can request a chargeback later after you have received your bitcoins
better find a offline local seller and buy with cash

There is no way OP can buy with cash since he said his account is not related to Credit Card or BANK ACCOUNT so he can't really withraw that money to physical cash.

~ Madness

rszibele (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:08:35 AM

Bump. The offer is still available.
yenzae0215

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:13:28 AM

hey there, pls take a look at this thread Smiley

Money sent through PayPal and any other money transfer service that accepts credit cards can be easily reversed by the sender, even after several weeks. Therefore, you should only accept PayPal in trades with people you trust very highly.

This is why newbies are not likely to sell their PayPal USD for bitcoins successfully.

Some other services that are not totally safe:
- Bank transfers (ACH, etc.) except wire transfers
- Most gift cards.
- Moneypak
- AlertPay
- Paysafecards
- Dwolla
- Western Union (they reportedly will sue the recipient to recover money in some cases)

Banned**
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: