Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:55:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ocupy Coin" has a spelling error  (Read 1692 times)
sed (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:31:16 AM

I posted this content in the wrong thread (apparently) so it seems I have to start my own thread in order to get the word out there.  I simply wanted to comment in the overview of sig-ad campaigns that to me, the ocupy [sic] coin doesn't look very serious because they've got a misspelled common word in their name.   A mod deleted my post, and also deleted thread where I posted the deleted comment (apparantly if you post anything with the words "deleted content" anywhere other than meta then a mod will lock your thread and move it to meta (no matter what the actual topic is)).

Therefore this thread is my 4th attempt to place a simple criticism somewhere on this forum where it will not be deleted by a mod:

Opinion of sed:

Ocupy coin looks unserious because of the misspelling of occupy.

Thank you forum users for understanding my thought and thank you forum moderators for not deleting my 4th attempt to put this simple idea out (my first attempt was only 3 words long, can you believe it?).

--sed
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:51:44 AM

I suspect a conspiracy between this and the incorrectly spelled "Unobtanium" (Unobtainium) coin. Quick! To the Batmobile!

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:59:43 AM

@sed I also got my post deleted on the overview thread : /

@sed I think Mitchell said that he only has power on the dutch part of the forum.
I think only mods could delete messages here.

But I sort of understand it. It was off topic there.

thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:10:51 AM

First of all: Ocupy looks more neat and clean than occupy (really).

Second: How does it matter if it occupy or ocupy? After all non serious coins win the race. Example: Dogecoin!
They attract attention!

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 02:28:12 PM

They're all stupid

Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:31:00 PM

lets start a new coin"TypoCion"

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:52:33 PM

'TypoCion'

....much OLL  Grin

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:40:44 PM

pwned!  Cheesy

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 06:43:31 PM

So one ad sig poster complains about another ad sig campaign presumably to increase their ad sigs posts.

I guess we should see now many other ad sig posters join in to make this pointless topic carry on for as long as you guys can make some mBTC out of it (let the ad sig pointless postings begin).

Your challenge is to make the most pointless post and see how long it can last before being moderated out of existence. Cheesy

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
sed (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:01:20 PM

'TypoCion'

....much OLL  Grin

This one is the funniest proposal.  It's funny that someone upthread commented that typo helps things look "clean"....
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:23:10 PM

Heh of all the things to talk about the coin like it being another BitcoinSachs/Altcointoday/Fuelcoin connected scam, typos are what someone is worried about.
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:26:00 PM

So one ad sig poster complains about another ad sig campaign presumably to increase their ad sigs posts.

I guess we should see now many other ad sig posters join in to make this pointless topic carry on for as long as you guys can make some mBTC out of it (let the ad sig pointless postings begin).

Your challenge is to make the most pointless post and see how long it can last before being moderated out of existence. Cheesy

lol ... so they banished you to the altcoin forum with your AT project Tongue

Sorry you have to put up with the circus in here ... you're actually doing something productive with your life
sed (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:20:48 AM

Heh of all the things to talk about the coin like it being another BitcoinSachs/Altcointoday/Fuelcoin connected scam, typos are what someone is worried about.

Nah, this is all I'm worried about.  But if your project title has a misspelled commonplace word, isn't that indicative of your seriousness in creating this project?
felment

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:44:56 AM

Nah, this is all I'm worried about.  But if your project title has a misspelled commonplace word, isn't that indicative of your seriousness in creating this project?

It's the first thing people see, before they even see the logo. First impressions count.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 04:27:28 AM

lol ... so they banished you to the altcoin forum with your AT project Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966622.0

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:31:26 AM

Haha thats a great idea, probably go to the moon like doge for being such a wow novelty.
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:13:39 AM

Haha thats a great idea, probably go to the moon like doge for being such a wow novelty.

Sure but give me the a part of the premine.

Free Cions for everyne.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: