Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:53:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e, LTC 0 confirmations 2 days later...  (Read 3508 times)
cwerdna (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 06:31:21 AM

Hi, looking for some advice,

A couple of days ago (July 28th) I sent 2825+ LTCs to my BTC-e account. However they have not arrived and my Litecoin-QT is reporting 0 confirmations.

They are obviously not available to my wallet, my BTC-e account is not showing the transactions and I am starting to get unsettled - this might not be a lot to some of you but represents a fair amount of fun had mining and some third party transactions.

I don't believe there is a blockchain.info for LTC, and I am wondering where on earth to start?

Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 06:35:40 AM

Is there a --rescan option for litecoin ?

foo

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

Hi, looking for some advice,

A couple of days ago (July 28th) I sent 2825+ LTCs to my BTC-e account. However they have not arrived and my Litecoin-QT is reporting 0 confirmations.

They are obviously not available to my wallet, my BTC-e account is not showing the transactions and I am starting to get unsettled - this might not be a lot to some of you but represents a fair amount of fun had mining and some third party transactions.

I don't believe there is a blockchain.info for LTC, and I am wondering where on earth to start?

Cheers

http://abe.liteco.in/

I know this because Tyler knows this.
cwerdna (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 08:03:21 AM

Thank for that guys - I am going to re-download the block index as the blockchain info seems to suggest I never sent the coins (altho I did and my wallet thinks so too). I am receiving my mining income to my wallet still though /shrug
cwerdna (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 02:07:00 PM

OK - I obviously have something quite wrong with my wallet.

I have deleted all the block index files, db files etc from my Litecoin wallet area, and redownloaded the block index.

Abe.liteco.in is showing that the coins are in my wallet - as if I had never transferred them out, In fact it has 0 transfers out, and a total of 12 transactions. However the last entry in my wallet is showing the transfer out of 2825+ LTC to my BTC-E address, and still has 0 zero confirmations. My wallet is reporting 13 transactions so all is tallying up apart from the transfer to BTC-E. I have had mining income post the unconfirmed transaction.

Any ideas how I can "fix" my wallet?

Cheers

cwerdna (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 02:19:15 PM

"Fixed" my wallet. Once I made my previous post the penny dropped...

Rolled back to an older backup of my wallet.dat before I made the transfer out.

Still don't know why it happened, not a good feeling.
tatsuchan

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 10:38:09 PM

THIS just happened to me.  Took 5700 to BTCe on night of the 28th.  Never went anywhere.  Tried -rescan and opening wallet in another fresh install of litecoin.  Nothing.  Finally opened an old backup and it worked.  Something corrupted my send that day too.

foo

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 03:36:42 AM

I have deleted all the block index files, db files etc from my Litecoin wallet area, and redownloaded the block index.

Abe.liteco.in is showing that the coins are in my wallet - as if I had never transferred them out, In fact it has 0 transfers out, and a total of 12 transactions. However the last entry in my wallet is showing the transfer out of 2825+ LTC to my BTC-E address, and still has 0 zero confirmations. My wallet is reporting 13 transactions so all is tallying up apart from the transfer to BTC-E. I have had mining income post the unconfirmed transaction.

Cheers

For some reason your transaction wasn't broadcast onto the net. This can happen with Bitcoin too, the only "fix" I know of is to leave the client running until it rebroadcasts the transaction. The coins are not shown in your local wallet because it has the transaction stored locally. Restoring a backup of course deletes the transaction.

I know this because Tyler knows this.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1654
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 03:43:58 AM

Cheers

For some reason your transaction wasn't broadcast onto the net. This can happen with Bitcoin too, the only "fix" I know of is to leave the client running until it rebroadcasts the transaction. The coins are not shown in your local wallet because it has the transaction stored locally. Restoring a backup of course deletes the transaction.

This could happen if you send the coins and then immediately close your client. When you then reopen your client, it can take a long time for the transaction to be rebroadcasted. That happened to me a couple of times.

cwerdna (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:21:15 AM

I did some experimenting shuffling a single coin back and forth between address's and reproduced the error reliably.

Looked around and realised that whilst I had updated my miners the Litecoin-QT wallet component was rather out of date. I was running a 0.4.0.? (I think 3) version of Litecoin-QT on OSX 10.7. Updated to 0.5.0.4 and the same shuffles back and forth processed to 6 confirmations quickly.

I have just moved from doing a bit of mining to having some fun trading  Grin and this was my first withdrawal from my LTC wallet...

Morale of the story - make sure your wallet release is up to date!

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:05:42 AM

Thank God for Google and finding this thread.

So this just happened to me.

I know exactly why, but honestly this seems like a bug with the Litecoin QT software.

My Wifi switch was off when I hit the Send button.

When I realized it, I turned it back on.  

Yet the transaction sat there with 0 confirmation and said it was 'offline'.  This was after the client actually downloaded the latest data from the network too.  Still said offline.  

I waited 10 minutes then closed the QT client.  Reopened.  It reconnected.  Said I had 4 connections to the network.

Now the transaction said 0 of 6 confirmations.  No longer said offline.  But my balance in the wallet was still 0.00 and nothing was happening.  I waited a half hour.  Nothing.  0 of 6 confirmations.

Clearly something is wrong with the client.  It should detect that its offline and it should detect when it comes back online and send the transaction.  But it doesn't.  Yet it tells you that your balance is zero.

Thank God I had a backup of my wallet.dat file .... I did the same as the guys above.  

Closed the client, renamed the current wallet.dat file, copied in the backup, named it wallet.dat .. opened the client ... and boom there were my litecoin.

This time i hit send while connected to the internet and it worked immediately.

Moral of the story:  Make sure you are online when you hit "Send" or you may lose all your LTC.
And make backup copies of your wallet.dat file even if you're not storing them offline.

Scary bug.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
gotobed

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 11:28:41 AM

Thanks for this guys.

Same problem, same solution.

used a backup wallet.dat
Oldgamer

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:59:30 PM

I just made the same error.
My wallet was offline and I "send" transaction. There were no warning it is offline. Actually, I thought that Litecoin-QT is smart enough to make actual transaction after connection restore and update the balance only after that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: