Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:55:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: facebook should incorporate bitcoin as soon as possible!  (Read 1753 times)
TzikakioS (OP)

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 05:08:51 PM

I find myself frustrated with that major internet company and also with that "intrinsic" value of openness as a marketing tool that is guided mostly by profit.

When 1 of 7 people on earth is using this platform on daily base, it scares the hell out of me observing this economical stalemate and the majority of facebook users to be guided only to entertainment and like buttons. There is an unlimited collaborative force through the internet and I sense that facebook to some extent stupefy its users by placing price labels on their foreheads.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/05/pay-with-facebook-messenger/

I understand that there are architectural difficulties of the friend to friend payments system, but blockchain technology has to be considered as an absolutely scaling tool that is going to unleash an amazing humanitarian force. It could be the first unbloody revolution.

All the major internet companies should incorporate bitcoin.

In learning process of translating Mastering Bitcoin in Greek
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:07:56 PM

That's pretty nice idea
It would be amazing if you know we can buy Facebook credits via Bitcoin or virtual game stuff!
We need Zynga to accept Bitcoin as a mode of payment for their gaming currency
thompete

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:43:59 PM

Facebook should definitely incorporate it within their system including messages. Its much better to introduct it now, rather than paying a 100 million to take over some other company down the future.

juicyjuice87

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:07:53 AM

Facebook and Bitcoin are both centralised and neither will be around in 5 years because, well, they are centralised and If you haven't noticed the world is heading in a decentralized direction. At least I would like to think that anyway
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:26:42 AM

I find myself frustrated with that major internet company and also with that "intrinsic" value of openness as a marketing tool that is guided mostly by profit.

When 1 of 7 people on earth is using this platform on daily base, it scares the hell out of me observing this economical stalemate and the majority of facebook users to be guided only to entertainment and like buttons. There is an unlimited collaborative force through the internet and I sense that facebook to some extent stupefy its users by placing price labels on their foreheads.

I understand that there are architectural difficulties of the friend to friend payments system, but blockchain technology has to be considered as an absolutely scaling tool that is going to unleash an amazing humanitarian force. It could be the first unbloody revolution.

Its good if facebook can incorporate bitcoin on their payment system, but I doubt it if it will push through.
But using bitcoin for buying facebook credits and other games involved in facebook will be a better possibility.
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:41:21 AM

Facebook and Bitcoin are both centralised and neither will be around in 5 years because, well, they are centralised and If you haven't noticed the world is heading in a decentralized direction.

Any company is centralized, so if what you said was true, no company should exist nowadays. But we have Coca-Cola, which has existed for more than 120 years. And frankly I don't see Coca-Cola disappearing anytime soon, despite the fact that open source alternatives exist (seriously).

At least I would like to think that anyway

The fact that you think that way doesn't make it real.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:02:36 AM

i doubt that you are "frustrated" about them being guided by profit, and you are guided by something else wanting them to accept bitcoin and top up the price doing so. If they see bitcoin as an improvement of their company , they will implement it to their platform, if not, theyre doing what they think is the best for their business.
I would personaly also like if they add bitcoin, but my interest in that is purely financial.

cheers
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:16:45 AM

It would be huge thing for bitcoin. Hope that will happen one day.
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:46:42 AM

Great idea.
It can promote bitcoin to be accepted by average people.
Facebook also can benefits from the development of bitcoin.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:22:40 AM

I don't think facebook will use bitcoin anytime soon.
Zuckerberg probably won't want to help make the Winklevoss twins billionaires.
Remember all this: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011/jun/23/winklevoss-twins-end-facebook-lawsuit
Facebook will use bitcoin when their users demand it.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 03:28:10 AM

I don't think facebook will use bitcoin anytime soon.
Zuckerberg probably won't want to help make the Winklevoss twins billionaires.
Remember all this: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011/jun/23/winklevoss-twins-end-facebook-lawsuit
Facebook will use bitcoin when their users demand it.
Oh! mark and winkle's Sad , their fight is effecting us now Undecided
TzikakioS (OP)

Activity: 387

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 12:15:36 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 01:18:54 PM by TzikakioS

i doubt that you are "frustrated" about them being guided by profit, and you are guided by something else wanting them to accept bitcoin and top up the price doing so. If they see bitcoin as an improvement of their company , they will implement it to their platform, if not, theyre doing what they think is the best for their business.
I would personaly also like if they add bitcoin, but my interest in that is purely financial.

cheers

I do also want profits to feed my family. Although you have isolated only the profit and left the contradictory point of the value of openness out of the discussion.

What does really mean to provide details about your life in that unproductive facebook way?

Think of the facebook platform where there is no flood with likes and updates with photos of the dinner table.  And instead digital currencies tipping through messenger, collaborative groups, educational courses and all those things that are "opened" for a good collective reason and not just for the profits of some marketers.

I might be able to right down some code to create a new social network but the scaling that facebook has cannot be compared to anything and that is why I am frustrated.

In learning process of translating Mastering Bitcoin in Greek
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:56:36 PM

its great idea i will love to pay my facebook invouces with bitcoins directly currently i am buying vcc with bitcoins and paying with vcc so i am already using bitcoins with facebook indirectly

picolo

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:06:35 PM

Or facebook could create a new crypto based on the Bitcoin code.
networthsigns

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:18:49 PM

its great idea i will love to pay my facebook invouces with bitcoins directly currently i am buying vcc with bitcoins and paying with vcc so i am already using bitcoins with facebook indirectly

How do you buy VCC (Virtual Credit Cards) for facebook via BTC ?
mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:01:56 PM

How do you buy VCC (Virtual Credit Cards) for facebook via BTC ?

I'm also curious to know how

camolist

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 10:33:15 PM

facebook would just be instant exchanging it to dollars anyways

might as well use gyft.com which gives you 3% back on bitcoin purchases and has facebook credit in their store and surely does the same instant exchange to dollars

PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:39:56 PM

There are thousands of businesses that will accept BTC before Facebook.  Can you imagine how much the market would change if they suddenly accepted it?  I can imagine the first time accepting and advertising it BTC would be in the top 5 Google searches.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:46:05 PM

doubt they would ever do that,it would be to their shame to copy something so obviously, and it would most probably drain the fiat out of same investment account that are allready in bitcoin, thus cutting fiat supply in half. They could, but its safe to say that isnt likely to happen.

cheers
koelen3
Legendary

Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:13:58 AM

doubt they would ever do that,it would be to their shame to copy something so obviously, and it would most probably drain the fiat out of same investment account that are allready in bitcoin, thus cutting fiat supply in half. They could, but its safe to say that isnt likely to happen.

cheers
Please i don't want to see another alt (Facebookcoins probably )
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: