Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:22:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MinerStatus 0.7.7 Beta Release - Last release of .7.x tree  (Read 5692 times)
trumpetx (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 01:58:06 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2011, 07:27:18 PM by trumpetx

Bugfix:

Fixing a crash error when a btcguild or swepool API key had 0 associated workers to the account.

Fixing a crash error on the View Miner Detail page when Mt.Red returns nothing for "Round Solved"

*New feature:
BitMine status now has both workers and user statistics

*Bugfix:
Some force-closes have been fixed when first adding a BTCGuild API key

- KNOWN ISSUE:
-- BitcoinPool's JSON is messed up.  I can't fix it. (http://bitcoinpool.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=237) EDIT: RESOLVED
-- Some users at Mt.Red are having issues.  There's something going on with the JSON for hashrate where it displays "false" instead of a decimal number.  I don't feel like coding around this since it will probably be fixed soon.  Bug MtRedMining in #mtred on IRC.  He is good peoples.

- BUGFIX:
-- Moving Deepbit to https instead of http which *seems* to fix the problem with Deepbit.  PLEASE let me know if Deepbit is still broken for you.  Also, mail me your API key so I can debug.  Thanks! (minerstatus@trumpetx.com)

- FEATURE ADDITIONS:
-- By request, hitting the back button will go back after a "key up" instead of a "key down."
-- You can now delete miners directly from the options menu.

-- Fixing many Null Pointer errors which happened with Deepbit quite a lot.  If you've been having problems with Deepbit, go ahead and give it another go and email me if you have more crashes.

- Adding Mt. Red Pool
- Removing JodaTime library which will make this application MUCH smaller on your device
- Changed the date format (due to JodaTime removal) to a readable date (e.g. May 30, 2011 3:45 PM.)
- Truncated some decimal fields for some pools due to really, really long numbers which pushed data off the side of the screen.

-Added Swepool

-Changing the method of detecting whether a client is offline or online.  The previous code used for detection did not work in all cases.  Thanks to deathnetworks for the tip.

- Bugfixes
- Added http://bitclockers.com/ Pool (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=10127.0)

FIXED: Turning on Airplane mode or otherwise shutting off your data will now inform the user that there is no data connection.

Reported by Dark (May 25, 2011)
Pop on the internet activity check so the 'will delete message doesn't spam if we forget to put data on

- Refactored the code to produce a faster updating process.
- Added some historical record keeping on pool data (not doing anything with this yet - graphs maybe?)
- Added BTC Guild Pool
- Fixed issues with https & Mt. Gox

More features coming soon, this was more of a bugfix release.

https://market.android.com/details?id=me.davidgreene.minerstatus

Quick QR Code download link:

MinerStatus Android Application Author
Donate: 1Eyr5mN54UyprUHAw1zXLvkvtDNeG9erD7 to support this project. (Total Received) or sign up for Tradehill
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mononofu

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 02:59:13 PM

I like  Grin

However, you should either display current MHash/s (at least BTC - Guild, and slush's pool display it) or time of last submitted share.
trumpetx (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 03:25:35 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2011, 05:39:17 PM by trumpetx

I like  Grin

However, you should either display current MHash/s (at least BTC - Guild, and slush's pool display it) or time of last submitted share.

BTCGuild shows the current MHash rate (all workers added up) on the front page and a mhash for each worker on the detailed page.  IIRC Slush doesn't publish MHash in his JSON api unless he's changed it (I had sent him a request to do so a long while back).

EDIT: Here is what I see for slush's pool:

http://mining.bitcoin.cz/accounts/profile/json/3104-30b6bd141dd66bc2f11ccf8dc97512df
{"username": "trumpetx", "unconfirmed_reward": "0.00000000", "send_threshold": "1.00000000", "confirmed_reward": "0.00000000", "wallet": "", "estimated_reward": "0.00000000"}

If I actually mined on slush's pool does the API show the MHash?

Donate: 1Eyr5mN54UyprUHAw1zXLvkvtDNeG9erD7 to support this project. (Total Received) or sign up for Tradehill
EPiSKiNG
Legendary

Activity: 800
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 05:16:36 PM

+1

thanks trumpet!

-EP

YOU CAN TRUST ME! EPiSKiNG-'s COINS!! BUYING / SELLING BTC - USA --- View my OTC Trading Feedback!!
<gribble> You are identified as user EPiSKiNG-, with GPG key id 721730127CD7574D, key fingerprint EBFC267F8F10EFD1FB84854D721730127CD7574D, and bitcoin address 1EPiSKiNG139bzcwTm8rxMFNfFFdanLW5K
Basiley

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 07:10:55 PM

nice Tongue
mgtox/glbse charts ? hardware health ?
trumpetx (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 10:26:14 PM

nice Tongue
mgtox/glbse charts ? hardware health ?

I'm not sure how I'd gauge hardware health (since I'm getting data from the JSON API's of Pools), but support for glbse public data is a definite option.

darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 11:42:07 AM

0.7.1 Beta Release

- Refactored the code to produce a faster updating process.
- Added some historical record keeping on pool data (not doing anything with this yet - graphs maybe?)
- Added BTC Guild Pool
- Fixed issues with https & Mt. Gox

More features coming soon, this was more of a bugfix release.

https://market.android.com/details?id=me.davidgreene.minerstatus

Quick QR Code download link:

Hey trumpetx - what is the purpose of this software for those of us who don't know?

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
trumpetx (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 12:16:09 PM

This app checks a miner's status with up to five pools:

bitcoinpool
slush
btcmine
btcguild
deepbit

You can configure any number of miners at any number of pools.  Each pool has their own API and MinerStatus has created a unique view for each pool to closely match the data provided in the JSON response from pool.

I have a plate of features to add still, once they're all done I'll bump the version to 1.0 and start working on the iPhone port.

Tmoney

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 12:21:27 PM

Hey trumpetx - what is the purpose of this software for those of us who don't know?

This is what i use it for:  centralized app which displays MtGox exchange rate and it's a quick and secure way to keep up with your miners from your phone while you are out and about.  There has been many times where I've looked at the app and saw that my hashrate was low, so I knew to fix my miners.
T
trumpetx (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 12:25:12 PM

This is what i use it for:  centralized app which displays MtGox exchange rate and it's a quick and secure way to keep up with your miners from your phone while you are out and about.  There has been many times where I've looked at the app and saw that my hashrate was low, so I knew to fix my miners.
T

This is exactly why I made the app Smiley 

darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 07:18:13 AM

any chance it'll work with iphone or bb?

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
Shades

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 07:38:41 AM

Good job! If you add a widget it would be priceless.  Wink
trumpetx (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 07:22:23 PM

any chance it'll work with iphone or bb?

I actually put up a thread about porting this to BB and I received 0 responses so I'll probably focus on an iPhone port as soon as I'm at the 1.0 release level (aka, when I'm done adding the features that have been requested).  If there's significant interest, I'd be happy to port it to BB.  I've made a BB app at work so it wouldn't be much learning on my end.

The one downside to the iPhone port is it costs me $100/yr to be an iPhone developer.  I'm happy to learn the objective C on my own time, but I think I might have to charge $.99 for the iPhone app just to cover this cost.  I was hoping random donations would cover this cost, but if you click the link in my sig, you'll see the 1 btc I've received so far isn't making me rich Smiley

trumpetx (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 07:28:01 PM

Good job! If you add a widget it would be priceless.  Wink

The widget is one of my next features to add.  I had to say no to someone's request to support app2SD because you can't have widgets included in your app if you support app2SD.

trumpetx (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 03:00:30 PM

- Bugfixes
- Added http://bitclockers.com/ Pool (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=10127.0)

FIXED: Turning on Airplane mode or otherwise shutting off your data will now inform the user that there is no data connection.

Reported by Dark (May 25, 2011)
Pop on the internet activity check so the 'will delete message doesn't spam if we forget to put data on

trumpetx (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 03:27:57 PM

James! (Or anyone else who knows how to replicate this bug)

by James (May 26, 2011)
The Update caused an issue but I love the app   Love this app. However the update 0.7.1 causes a message to pop up for Slush's Pool. Says "does not exsist for pool or server error" however the data shows up after this error displays. I tried removing the pool then re adding and recreating the API Key and even forced the app to stop and cleared all data and tried again. Still get the error. Love the app but if you can fix this error that would be excellent. Thanks! Also everyone don't let this stop you from using this app. Still usable and getting better.

I can't make Slush's pool do this.  Try an uninstall and reinstall.  I'm going to guess that you have an invalid api key stuck in the database that got there before I put in proper validation (or maybe my validation is still fubar).  In any case, either go into the application management screen and perform an uninstall/reinstall or "wipe data for application".  Let me know if this problem persists.

Xerxes

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 04:46:10 PM

Love it man, great work!

Please add all the pools the app supports on the market page, think people would appreciate some info about that before they download it.

Any plans on getting support for Swepool.net or bitcoins.lc?
trumpetx (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 06:50:27 PM

Love it man, great work!

Please add all the pools the app supports on the market page, think people would appreciate some info about that before they download it.

Any plans on getting support for Swepool.net or bitcoins.lc?

Will do.

I'll take a look at them.  As long as they have an XML or JSON API I can add them.

Kev

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 11:48:55 AM

Hi,

I'm new to bitcoin and registered at btcmine.com for using the pool. After that I installed Miner Status in from the market. I tried to add my btcmine account but that doesn't work.
If I enter my JSON Auth Code (very big hex number) into the API Key field of Minter Status after selecting btcmine and press Add Miner. It just prints "Invalid Miner Name: my_long_hex_code". If I enter something "normal" like "Banana" it takes it. But of course when fetching the data it prints "Miner (Banana) does not exist in pool...".

So what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks a lot

Kev
Bitcoineruk

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 12:21:49 PM

What a fantastic release here, installed on my HD2 and running fantastically
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: