Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:08:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CoinHey.com | Cryptocurrency Exchange  (Read 3281 times)
olloman

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

Crypto Angel

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:26:30 PM

After 5 confirmations my deposit is still not showing up  Huh

Don't wanna spread unnecessary FUD, but I would reccomend extreme caution with this one at least for now, no FAQ section, volumes are ridiculously high for a 1 day old exchange and all the orders aswell, the graphs are static and last but not least the prices (demand and offer) are either much higher or much lower than other exchanges, which is extremely suspicious and a potential bait. I will edit if there are any updates.
SCSY2.0

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:04:37 PM

After 5 confirmations my deposit is still not showing up  Huh

Don't wanna spread unnecessary FUD, but I would reccomend extreme caution with this one at least for now, no FAQ section, volumes are ridiculously high for a 1 day old exchange and all the orders aswell, the graphs are static and last but not least the prices (demand and offer) are either much higher or much lower than other exchanges, which is extremely suspicious and a potential bait. I will edit if there are any updates.

I agree sent a small test amount of SCSY before I mention the new exxchange to the community and it has not shown up either!!!
olloman

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

Crypto Angel

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:33:08 PM

alright the deposit showed up in my account, so looks like it is working. I'll try some trading and withdrawing and post my impressions.
rhegie13

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:00:42 PM

My XBS deposit did not get to my coinhey account:

Admin, please check this out 00c04e2471206273aa648a604db41487ec03fb456d52776e925398f072cd488c
rhegie13

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:52:18 PM

Guys, be warned! Now, the withdrawal never arrived! I will update this post if I get the withdrawal. For now, can't recommend the site for trading..  Huh
SCSY2.0

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:54:19 PM

Mine still has not shown up
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:51:18 AM

I am skeptical of Coinhey

The exchange was created like 2 days ago by newbie accounts and promoted by brand new accounts.

Volume also looks staged as well, has more volume than C-Cex already in a tight range ranges.

Withdrawl fee is 1% which is OK if you were running an exchange but it doesn't list it in the OP.

Support is also hard to get a hold of, can send them a message but no way of knowing whether it was sent or not and no description of how to get a hold of support other then being able to send an email to some address.

When withdrawing there is no txid's and take a long time to process, I think all the withdrawals are handled manually.

I think it's important to support new exchanges but should use extreme caution if you decide to use it.
rhegie13

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:48:23 AM

The exchange was created like 2 days ago by newbie accounts and promoted by brand new accounts.

Volume also looks staged as well, has more volume than C-Cex already in a tight range ranges.

Withdrawl fee is 1% which is OK if you were running an exchange but it doesn't list it in the OP.

Support is also hard to get a hold of, can send them a message but no way of knowing whether it was sent or not and no description of how to get a hold of support other then being able to send an email to some address.

When withdrawing there is no txid's and take a long time to process, I think all the withdrawals are handled manually.

I think it's important to support new exchanges but should use extreme caution if you decide to use it.

Have you tried withdrawing? I did not receive anything. lol. Well, maybe now I can say that COINHEY is SCAM! At least I tried it first. Now that you guys know, do not use this exchange!!!
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:55:37 AM

Have you tried withdrawing? I did not receive anything. lol. Well, maybe now I can say that COINHEY is SCAM! At least I tried it first. Now that you guys know, do not use this exchange!!!

Mine was processed after some hours, seems like a lot have not had theirs go through.
aeros

Activity: 206

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 01:42:49 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 01:53:57 PM by aeros

SCAM -- Until proven otherwise (I hope my gut feeling is proven wrong!)

Im usually quite reserved about making comments about this kind of thing however I feel its my duty to inform the crypto community about the pitiful attempts made by individuals to make a quick buck..
Go out and earn a proper buck as opposed to attempt to steal other peoples well earned coins.

This epitomizes an example of why new comers to the crypto space are so cautious due to dubious "so called" crypto projects like this.. Shame on you!

I should warn any potential users of this ("so-called") Exchange to stay well away.

The shoddy markup of the code itself screams out "SCAM" not to mention the few posts mentioned previously about test amounts not being received.

I hope you can prove me wrong at which time I will gladly apologize for this comment and may then do an independant review of this project myself and publicly post my findings as accurately as possible.

until then, if you still insist on using this service please Follow some basic security consideration steps..

1) Make sure the password and email you use to sign up for this service are unique.

Another words DO NOT use the same username/email/password which you already us on other crypto services/exchanges like Bittrex/Cryptsy/Gmail, etc.

2) Maybe setup a throw away email account to use to sign up for this service
** Free. Disposable. Email. -  https://mailinator.com/

3) Send a really small "test" amount to this exchange and check if you can easily withdraw it *ALL*  

4) ALWAYS enable two-factor-Authentication across all your accounts where 2FA is available

If you are already to late and have signed up to this exchange I would urge you to go and change the email/passwords on your other accounts which share the same email you used to sign up here.
better still pull your coins from the exchange and store them in your offline wallets.

I hope this helps anyone else who even contemplates using this Exchange to THINK TWICE!
There is a reason why the top exchanges are.. well, at the TOP of the list for a reason. Its because they are "Established" operations and have a proven track record. They also follow basic security principles and offer a support service.

Has anyone tried to contact the support desk for this exchange? Do they even have one?

Respectfully,

Majika.

P.S if my suspicions are proven correct I suggest those who have been taken advantage of please contact the Reseller: NAMECHEAP.COM hosting providers regarding this website and get them to cancel this account under breach of their ToS.

Whois: coinhey.com

Updated Date: 15-feb-2015
  Creation Date: 15-feb-2015
  Expiration Date: 15-feb-2016

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> coinhey.com +nocomments +noquestion +noauthority +noadditional +nostats
;; global options:  printcmd
coinhey.com.            1735    IN      A       199.188.206.222

[AM] AeroME - Decentralized Marketplace
Blockchains Technologies are the future!
Donations: AM: AXt1ctoiQ76jxkCjvM3FpEdPCzJK3xdBH5
SkyValeey

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:17:45 PM

Mine still has not shown up

how much you deposit?
rhegie13

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:27:19 PM

SCAM -- Until proven otherwise (I hope my gut feeling is proven wrong!)

Im usually quite reserved about making comments about this kind of thing however I feel its my duty to inform the crypto community about the pitiful attempts made by individuals to make a quick buck..
Go out and earn a proper buck as opposed to attempt to steal other peoples well earned coins.

This epitomizes an example of why new comers to the crypto space are so cautious due to dubious "so called" crypto projects like this.. Shame on you!

I should warn any potential users of this ("so-called") Exchange to stay well away.

The shoddy markup of the code itself screams out "SCAM" not to mention the few posts mentioned previously about test amounts not being received.

I hope you can prove me wrong at which time I will gladly apologize for this comment and may then do an independant review of this project myself and publicly post my findings as accurately as possible.

until then, if you still insist on using this service please Follow some basic security consideration steps..

1) Make sure the password and email you use to sign up for this service are unique.

Another words DO NOT use the same username/email/password which you already us on other crypto services/exchanges like Bittrex/Cryptsy/Gmail, etc.

2) Maybe setup a throw away email account to use to sign up for this service
** Free. Disposable. Email. -  https://mailinator.com/

3) Send a really small "test" amount to this exchange and check if you can easily withdraw it *ALL*  

4) ALWAYS enable two-factor-Authentication across all your accounts where 2FA is available

If you are already to late and have signed up to this exchange I would urge you to go and change the email/passwords on your other accounts which share the same email you used to sign up here.
better still pull your coins from the exchange and store them in your offline wallets.

I hope this helps anyone else who even contemplates using this Exchange to THINK TWICE!
There is a reason why the top exchanges are.. well, at the TOP of the list for a reason. Its because they are "Established" operations and have a proven track record. They also follow basic security principles and offer a support service.

Has anyone tried to contact the support desk for this exchange? Do they even have one?

Respectfully,

Majika.

P.S if my suspicions are proven correct I suggest those who have been taken advantage of please contact the Reseller: NAMECHEAP.COM hosting providers regarding this website and get them to cancel this account under breach of their ToS.

Whois: coinhey.com

Updated Date: 15-feb-2015
  Creation Date: 15-feb-2015
  Expiration Date: 15-feb-2016

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> coinhey.com +nocomments +noquestion +noauthority +noadditional +nostats
;; global options:  printcmd
coinhey.com.            1735    IN      A       199.188.206.222

Well said! I'll contact namecheap and report this scammer!
aeros

Activity: 206

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 11:21:24 AM

Well it saddens me as there seem's there is no come back from the devs regarding whether their site is a scam or not therefore the only conclusion after 24hrs+ is it must be a scam.!

The best thing we can all do is to spread the word far and wide. Reddit groups/Here on BCT/allcryptotalk.com, etc

Simply make one post and copy and paste all over the place under your various accounts which may gain maximum exposure.

Its our job to try to keep crytpto's safe from scammer's such as these.
Also stick all your follow back links here where you post and I will get them Re-tweeted.

We have to stamp out this kind of stuff..

Majika

P.S rhegie13, yes that will be a great help.. I will also bring this up with Namescheap via their support ticket

[AM] AeroME - Decentralized Marketplace
Blockchains Technologies are the future!
Donations: AM: AXt1ctoiQ76jxkCjvM3FpEdPCzJK3xdBH5
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 01:18:46 PM

Well it saddens me as there seem's there is no come back from the devs regarding whether their site is a scam or not therefore the only conclusion after 24hrs+ is it must be a scam.!

The best thing we can all do is to spread the word far and wide. Reddit groups/Here on BCT/allcryptotalk.com, etc

Simply make one post and copy and paste all over the place under your various accounts which may gain maximum exposure.

Its our job to try to keep crytpto's safe from scammer's such as these.
Also stick all your follow back links here where you post and I will get them Re-tweeted.

We have to stamp out this kind of stuff..

Majika

P.S rhegie13, yes that will be a great help.. I will also bring this up with Namescheap via their support ticket

Well the best way would be if the Coins listed would post about it their OP
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 12:45:00 PM

Strange how this site has reference to the well known scam site of Coinpeat in its TOSs. The TOS also reference Coinyet.

Link : https://www.coinhey.com/art/2

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
Johnson_Hoo

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:27:01 PM

shit, You are big scam!!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: