Bitcoin Forum
September 30, 2024, 12:46:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin makeover. Reputation re-build by ad agency  (Read 1752 times)
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1622

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 09:59:18 PM

Just came across this article on WSJ (the blog):

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/02/24/bitbeat-for-bitcoin-some-good-press-finally/

BitBeat: For Bitcoin, Some Good Press, Finally
Bitcoin, the six-year-old fledgling cryptocurrency with an image problem, will be getting a makeover.  Unless you’re familiar with social-media stars like Julia Kelly, Jorden Keith, and Acacia Brinley, though, it’s going to be an ad campaign unlike any you’re used to.

A consortium of bitcoin insiders, including the Bitcoin Foundation, BitFury, BitGo and Tally Capital, hired avante garde ad agency TheAudience to rebuild the currency’s reputation among the general public. The goal is pretty standard: highlight bitcoin’s positive aspects – its potential to help the “unbanked,” for instance – and get people to forget about Mt. Gox and Silk Road.

“We need to highlight the opportunity of bitcoin, we need to educate people on what it is,” said Oliver Luckett, the firm’s CEO, sounding as passionate about it as any bitcoin evangelist. What’s different is how the firm will go about achieving that goal.

Related:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-foundation-launches-public-education-campaign-bitcoin/

Sounds strange that pro ad-agency will be working on image of open-source, decentralised project. But hell, why not? Can't wait to see the outcome.

Thoughts?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███

Duelbits 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
TRY OUR UNIQUE GAMES!
    ◥ DICE  ◥ MINES  ◥ PLINKO  ◥ DUEL POKER  ◥ DICE DUELS   
█▀▀

█▄▄

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 KENONEW 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
10,000x

MULTIPLIER
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

NEARLY
UP TO
50%
REWARDS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
[/tabl
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 10:13:18 PM

Hey, about time the Bitcoin Foundation did some positive about Bitcoin's image!  I'm sure we'll wipe the memory of those shady members they've had (Shrem, Karpeles, Pierce), with some good will and good marketing for sure.

Besides Bitcoin QT/Core updates, I'm don't think I've heard too much waves from this pay to join foundation, so it's better late than never.

Partnering with an A list Ad agency like TheAudience can only be a good thing.  That's what we really need for Bitcoin right now, besides development and investment...we need it to go viral.  We need Grandmas and teenagers alike to get interested and curious.  We need the word of mouth to spread like a disease.

I welcome it!

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:31:15 PM

Thoughts?

Those agencies do not work cheaply. I wonder how much they're willing to pay to improve BTC's image. Now I wish we'll know when the campaign will start, to see if BTC's market value goes up.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:36:12 PM

Just came across this article on WSJ (the blog):

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/02/24/bitbeat-for-bitcoin-some-good-press-finally/

BitBeat: For Bitcoin, Some Good Press, Finally
Bitcoin, the six-year-old fledgling cryptocurrency with an image problem, will be getting a makeover.  Unless you’re familiar with social-media stars like Julia Kelly, Jorden Keith, and Acacia Brinley, though, it’s going to be an ad campaign unlike any you’re used to.

A consortium of bitcoin insiders, including the Bitcoin Foundation, BitFury, BitGo and Tally Capital, hired avante garde ad agency TheAudience to rebuild the currency’s reputation among the general public. The goal is pretty standard: highlight bitcoin’s positive aspects – its potential to help the “unbanked,” for instance – and get people to forget about Mt. Gox and Silk Road.

“We need to highlight the opportunity of bitcoin, we need to educate people on what it is,” said Oliver Luckett, the firm’s CEO, sounding as passionate about it as any bitcoin evangelist. What’s different is how the firm will go about achieving that goal.

Related:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-foundation-launches-public-education-campaign-bitcoin/

Sounds strange that pro ad-agency will be working on image of open-source, decentralised project. But hell, why not? Can't wait to see the outcome.

Thoughts?

IMHO, bitcoin needs to have a clean definition regarding laws in major states of the world, and bitcoin exchanges should be regulated and controled also, and only then would it make
sence to launch a campaign like this.
While its nice to see bitcoin foundation doing something amazing for benefit of our bitcoins, it seams premature to me.

cheers
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:26:23 AM

Thoughts?

Those agencies do not work cheaply. I wonder how much they're willing to pay to improve BTC's image. Now I wish we'll know when the campaign will start, to see if BTC's market value goes up.

This actually is good
Those agencies are quite into bitcoins and we all know if we had enough funds , we would love to back BTC more, then will because they can
Amazing !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: