Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:07:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Automatically save outgoing PM's in outbox  (Read 3037 times)
Mushoz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 01:21:28 PM

I forget checking the "Save a copy in my outbox" option a lot when sending PMs, but I want to save all outgoing PMs to keep track of a lot of things. Is there a way to keep it enabled by default? If not, could this please be implemented? Thank you very much in advance Smiley

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 01:22:44 PM

I forget checking the "Save a copy in my outbox" option a lot when sending PMs, but I want to save all outgoing PMs to keep track of a lot of things. Is there a way to keep it enabled by default? If not, could this please be implemented? Thank you very much in advance Smiley

It's in your profile settings. Under personal message options.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Mushoz (OP)

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 01:29:46 PM

I feel like a retard Grin
Thank you very much, GoodBear!

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 01:46:26 PM

Actually I think it would be useful if the forum software would enable that automatically upon account creation, although that could lead to ballooning disk space.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Mushoz (OP)

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 01:52:00 PM

Actually I think it would be useful if the forum software would enable that automatically upon account creation, although that could lead to ballooning disk space.

Compared to all the forums posts, PMs shouldn't require significant disk space.

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 01:53:13 PM

True, I suppose so.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 08:06:53 PM

SUCH a good feature.  I'm glad it's possible, even if not the default setting.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 08:09:27 PM

True, I suppose so.

My sent PM's are slightly less than a tenth of my posts.  While small, I wouldn't quite call that insignificant.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 08:42:14 PM

True, I suppose so.

My sent PM's are slightly less than a tenth of my posts.  While small, I wouldn't quite call that insignificant.
Is it necessary to add another database entry to keep the PM in the outbox? I don't know how SMF works, but I assume a smart implementation will use no additional disk space.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 08:43:46 PM

True, I suppose so.

Is it necessary to add another database entry to keep the PM in the outbox? I don't know how SMF works, but I assume a smart implementation will use no additional disk space.

Good point.  Probably just a few flags (since each user can "delete" pms individually, which really just hides them from that user).

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 11:46:11 PM

If you made it the default, you'd need to set up a system which alerted users when their PM box was getting close to the limit. Someone's inbox being constantly full is more annoying than them not having PMs enabled and it leads to a shitload of "empty your inbox" threads.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:05:00 AM

If you made it the default, you'd need to set up a system which alerted users when their PM box was getting close to the limit. Someone's inbox being constantly full is more annoying than them not having PMs enabled and it leads to a shitload of "empty your inbox" threads.
Well, I've used forums where there is a limit on the number of PMs, and frankly it is downright annoying. I'm not sure if there is a limit in the current system, but I haven't hit it and I keep all my communications.

If there was going to be a limit, I would like a way to export PMs to a .csv dump file, and possibly even have the export signed by the forum for safekeeping.

Also on a slightly off-topic-ish tangent, I also use a feature of the current software extensively - that of Labels. They can be used as folders by adding a label and then removing the inbox label. So for instance, you could set up labels for "processed" or "hardware sales", and then add one or more labels to a message. Once you remove the Inbox label, it disappears out of the Inbox, but remains accessible in the other label sections. Unfortunately, this can't be done with outgoing sent messages.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5152
Merit: 12580

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 02:12:01 AM

I've looked into setting that option by default, but it wasn't obvious to me how to do it. It looks like it might be difficult.

There is no PM limit.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 06:26:50 AM

I've looked into setting that option by default, but it wasn't obvious to me how to do it. It looks like it might be difficult.

There is no PM limit.
Admin----> Current Theme-----> Member Options

Click "Change current options for all members using this theme"

Set the pulldown next to "Save a copy of each personal message in my outbox by default" to CHANGE.  Check the box, also.  Scroll down and save your changes.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5152
Merit: 12580

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 06:58:36 AM

Admin----> Current Theme-----> Member Options

Click "Change current options for all members using this theme"

Set the pulldown next to "Save a copy of each personal message in my outbox by default" to CHANGE.  Check the box, also.  Scroll down and save your changes.

I don't see this. Are you sure it's in SMF 1.1.x?

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: