Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:12:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward Snowden Calls for Civil Disobedience  (Read 1830 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:15:16 AM

While perfect enforcement of law sounds great, it is true that governments typically do not reform themselves. It requires activism and organizing to preserve our rights, according to NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden.

Discussing a book he read recently called “Data and Goliath,” by Bruceedward snowden Schneier, Snowden explained that while completely eradicating crime is a compelling goal, it may not be the best path to pursue.

Snowden explained in a recent discussion on Reddit:

“When we look back on history, the progress of Western civilization and human rights is actually founded on the violation of law. America was of course born out of a violent revolution that was an outrageous treason against the crown and established order of the day. History shows that the righting of historical wrongs is often born from acts of unrepentant criminality. Slavery. The protection of persecuted Jews.

“But even on less extremist topics, we can find similar examples. How about the prohibition of alcohol? Gay marriage? Marijuana?

“Where would we be today if the government, enjoying powers of perfect surveillance and enforcement, had—entirely within the law—rounded up, imprisoned, and shamed all of these lawbreakers?

“Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren’t just ceding control of our rights to government, but our agency in determining their futures.”
Snowden proceeds to depict governments today as power hungry machines eager to ignore their citizens’ problems and instead control their citizens’ behavior. To combat this, Snowden recommends using science as a tool to remove any interference in our elected leaders enforcement our rights and liberties.

More...http://www.voicesofliberty.com/article/edward-snowden-calls-for-civil-disobedience-marijuana-legalization/
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 04:51:47 AM

LOL. Man I love it how all these trendy conspiracy theories portray the layperson as a helpless victim with absolutely no responsibilities Cheesy   It's always the same scenario "OMG look at how those mean power hungry governments are taking advantage of those poor poor innocent lovable people Cry " I mean seriously WTF?Huh Don't you guys think it's time to wake up and take the blame like men instead of scurrying around like freaking lab rats, occasionally stopping, teary-eyed, to point the finger at your appointed 'oppressors' ??
Reality check - there is no 'THEM'. It's all you. Always has been.
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:43:03 PM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-24/edward-snowdens-libertarian-moment-we-will-remove-governments-ability-interfere-our-

and here you can feed really absolutely uncensored comments, some are very ununderstandable for the pikers...

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/all/themes/newsflash/images/logo.png

Long live ZH. A bastion of free expression, even if the floors are digital, speaking will be, even if it means a dead potus and the end of the united states of America, don't tread on us, you will be hurt...

money is faster...
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:13:38 PM

We need a certain amount of surveillance happening to stop idiots such as the ISIS barbarians, unless you are a tinfoil hat nuthead that believes bad people don't exists and it's all an inside job.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:15:38 PM

Mr. Edward Snowden is a hero and will be always remembered as one by the community of free people.

He is correct in what he says and this will be just one of the first steps of humanity on the long way to real freedom.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 07:32:25 PM

We need a certain amount of surveillance happening to stop idiots such as the ISIS barbarians, unless you are a tinfoil hat nuthead that believes bad people don't exists and it's all an inside job.

There is no need to surveille the population if you're on their side, people are always happy to warn a popular leader about threats to a country.
newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:53:26 PM

Yeah but that's the problem. These overzealous spy agencies are snooping on everbody, not just terrorists. Lucky for us we'll always have patriots like Snowden to dish the dirt on the corrupt Smiley
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:43:08 PM

LOL. Man I love it how all these trendy conspiracy theories portray the layperson as a helpless victim with absolutely no responsibilities Cheesy   It's always the same scenario "OMG look at how those mean power hungry governments are taking advantage of those poor poor innocent lovable people Cry " I mean seriously WTF?Huh Don't you guys think it's time to wake up and take the blame like men instead of scurrying around like freaking lab rats, occasionally stopping, teary-eyed, to point the finger at your appointed 'oppressors' ??

As someone who just obtained the right to vote, it's them, not me.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:22:37 AM

He should be careful of how his Russian hosts will take such rhetoric.  Pretty sure the Russians wouldn't want their own citizens acting out in such a way. 

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Nik1ab

Activity: 574

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:06:57 AM

He should be careful of how his Russian hosts will take such rhetoric.  Pretty sure the Russians wouldn't want their own citizens acting out in such a way. 
No political leader would want that. In this case he couldn't rob the population anymore.

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:16:00 AM

Yeah, good luck with that. I can't even convince my friends to use encryption for cell phone calls and texts because they're afraid the government will notice them downloading the software.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:26:22 PM

“He has not committed any crimes. There are no accusations against him in the Russian Federation.”
- Anatoly Kucherena, Edward Snowden's lawyer
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:19:28 PM

“He has not committed any crimes. There are no accusations against him in the Russian Federation.”

You know America has fucked up when Russia is more tolerant of freedom of speech than they are.
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:21:47 PM

Snowden probably made a deal with putin and his friends that's why he isn't on the hands of the USA Goverment right now . Still I like the guy , he keep leaking the documents of NSA  Roll Eyes

~ Madness

BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:24:45 PM

Yeah, good luck with that. I can't even convince my friends to use encryption for cell phone calls and texts because they're afraid the government will notice them downloading the software.
You must have the same friends as me. I just don't answer their calls and make them visit me in person.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:06:47 PM

He should be careful of how his Russian hosts will take such rhetoric.  Pretty sure the Russians wouldn't want their own citizens acting out in such a way.  

You know America has fucked up when Russia is more tolerant of freedom of speech than they are.

Of course Russia believes in freedom of speech, as long as that speech isn't about Russia. It's not really a matter of freedom of speech anyway. If you work for an agency that deals in secrets concerning national security, you lose the right to talk about those things. That being said, Snowden was justified because he revealed that the NSA was violating not just the law, but the supreme law.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:16:08 PM

He should be careful of how his Russian hosts will take such rhetoric.  Pretty sure the Russians wouldn't want their own citizens acting out in such a way.  

Of course Russia believes in freedom of speech, as long as that speech isn't about Russia.
Oh, I see another freedom expert here Cheesy

Well, it seems that you need an example of freedom. Some pictures from my working place:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B7696362A12D3F44!1088&authkey=!APxBatXJ6NWji30&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Buttom left is the photoshopped image of Defence Minister.

Our company is controlled by the Ministry of Defence and, as far I know, I'm not fired for this picture. Even more, my wage was increased at the beginning of month. How is this possible?
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 03:38:03 PM

Of course Russia believes in freedom of speech, as long as that speech isn't about Russia.

Well, it seems that you need an example of freedom. Some pictures from my working place:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B7696362A12D3F44!1088&authkey=!APxBatXJ6NWji30&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Buttom left is the photoshopped image of Defence Minister.

Our company is controlled by the Ministry of Defence and, as far I know, I'm not fired for this picture. Even more, my wage was increased at the beginning of month. How is this possible?

YOU'RE FIRED !

seriously man what did the dolphins ever do to you?

: D

what you working on now?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:59:42 PM

The problem is I do not need help from government. I don't want new laws, new regulations, new limits, new taxes. I do not want to have more responsibilities towards government and I don't want government to take care of me.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 06:57:05 PM

Buttom left is the photoshopped image of Defence Minister

The graveyards are full of indispensable people and nobody cares.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: