Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:42:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Miner Aquifer Files for Bankruptcy  (Read 1151 times)
Coinbuddy (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:33:50 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 05:13:23 PM by Coinbuddy

Aquifer, a California-based Bitcoin mining firm, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The company filed on February 19, but the official documents have just been made available today.

koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:35:51 AM

Aquifer, a California-based Bitcoin mining firm, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The company filed on February 19, but the official documents have just been made available today.

Read here: http://www.coinfinance.com/news/bitcoin-miner-aquifer-bankruptcy

All cloud-mining sites are either ponzie or go down hard.
Not an Era of mining
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 09:04:17 AM

Not an Era of mining

Badly managed or scam artist cloud mining sites go down hard, others are doing just fine because they provide honest services, mining is fine, it's just like with exchanges though and things like that, you can't have some random guy setting this shit up who doesn't know a thing about what he's getting into and expects to be a millionaire in a week.
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:17:07 AM

Not an Era of mining

Badly managed or scam artist cloud mining sites go down hard, others are doing just fine because they provide honest services, mining is fine, it's just like with exchanges though and things like that, you can't have some random guy setting this shit up who doesn't know a thing about what he's getting into and expects to be a millionaire in a week.

YOu're pretty right on that but can you name some good cloud-mining sites which are still up Huh
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:27:23 AM

When will people ever learn Embarrassed

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
networthsigns

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:58:11 PM

When will people ever learn Embarrassed

I invested in PBmining but good thing i got most of it back when they went bad but that gave me good lesson Smiley
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 04:10:46 PM

never heard of that service but: RIP

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:17:45 PM

Good news. For BTC' sake, all cloud mining services should fall.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 04:33:26 PM

I'm also going to defend Genesis Cloud Mining, I'm quite happy using them and they're responsive too.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:38:55 PM

Not an Era of mining

It was clear most cloud mining sites were scams since the beginning. Thats why I voided it. Some of the legit companies stopped their cloud mining services anyway tho, just not lucrative at current price.
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:16:55 PM

Not an Era of mining

YOu're pretty right on that but can you name some good cloud-mining sites which are still up Huh
Hashnest, it is ran by Bitmain with only a true number of miners on there and after the miner is no longer profitable for 10 days at their data center you can pay for shipping and have it sent to you.

wow that is amazing!
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:42:36 PM

No wonder they are bankrupting. I never heard anything about this company. Aquifer sure did not spend much money on promotion if they are unknown on the biggest bitcoin forum...
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:51:05 PM

No wonder they are bankrupting. I never heard anything about this company. Aquifer sure did not spend much money on promotion if they are unknown on the biggest bitcoin forum...

Why would they be? The mining is not about popularity. it's about how you can get free electricity and about selling BTC to USD Smiley

Only the cloud mining needs advertising.

The question still remains. How can the miners continue their work with the BTC price? Normally, 99% of them should close the biz. Make the calculations and you will see that I am right.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: