Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:50:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ex Goldman Director Launches Bitcoin Derivatives Brokerage  (Read 1552 times)
Coinometer (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:03:28 AM

http://www.wallstreet-online.de/nachricht/7409696-ex-goldman-director-launches-bitcoin-derivatives-brokerage
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:51:55 AM

Looks like good news to me. Should allow more wall street hedge funds to get bitcoin exposure while staying within all their risk management parameters and settlement systems.
CryptoFacilities

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 12:16:58 PM

Crypto Facilities Co-Founder here, ask me anything!
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 12:19:52 PM

Seriously I don't know whether I should take this as a good news or bad news. While it opens up possibilities or would rather say opportunities to have new investors getting into bitcoin pretty quick, what I worry is that when there is too much fund pouring in, the price will go up very fast....in fact toooo fast. If it can go up fast, it can also go down at similar speed or rate. I just hope that is not the case.

CryptoFacilities

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 12:54:42 PM

Seriously I don't know whether I should take this as a good news or bad news. While it opens up possibilities or would rather say opportunities to have new investors getting into bitcoin pretty quick, what I worry is that when there is too much fund pouring in, the price will go up very fast....in fact toooo fast. If it can go up fast, it can also go down at similar speed or rate. I just hope that is not the case.

Take it as good news, derivatives can have a price smooting effect since you do not have to trade the underlying directly. And they provide protection against price volatility without having to sell the underlying.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:14:58 PM

"Our Forward is probably the simplest and most effective tool out there to protect yourself against bitcoin volatility. If you want to lock in the value of one bitcoin, you sell one Forward - that's it. At the same time our market is extremely robust and secure. There is no central counterparty and all portfolios are marked to our proprietary bitcoin price indices,"
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:21:21 PM

Question is at what point is there enough critical mass in the ecosystem for the Wall Street follower types to wade into btc

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:03:40 PM

Question is at what point is there enough critical mass in the ecosystem for the Wall Street follower types to wade into btc

I wouldn't look for this to bring a lot of Wall Street followers that know what they're doing. I've had sunburns that lasted longer than this Timo Schlaefer's career. Bitcoin is almost as old as his work life. He's only worked for one company in his life, Goldman Sachs, and four years of that was as a college intern.

najzenmajsen

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:04:47 PM

this is really good news , will probably get more followers to the bitcoin scene because of this , and ofcourse more gold intrested peeps
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:18:28 PM

The banks and the FED colude to manipulate precious metals through deriveratives, whi is this different and obviously just as bad?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: